+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Returning player: questions about sub prices, packs and future of Rift

Soulwalker

Default Returning player: questions about sub prices, packs and future of Rift

Hello Telara Citizen

I played long ago until Storm Legion and stopped a few months after the F2P transition. I have 1 character on Brutwacht.

As I still love the game, I was thinking to return, I have a few questions:

1. Is the current 7 euros/month (for a year subscription) a sale and is there a date for when this sale will end? Are the other current sub periods in sale too or in normal price?

2. Should I wait for next week's merger results before risking to take a sub?

3. Maybe a naive question, but was there any official announcement about the future of the game? I wouldn't like to take a year's sub to see the game closed in 3 months.

4. I subbed from initial launch and bought anything Trion sold as packs until Storm Legion (included). Should I buy any of the new packs or will my subscription give me points to unlock things found in the packs? I don't mind paying on top of my sub if packs give me nice things like unlocks, bags, slots, etc.

Tanks in advance for your lights and safe travels!
    Last edited by Vigi; 06-06-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Only the year sub is on sale and it should have ended 2 days ago already (source). So if you want the reduced price I would not wait much longer.

All other prices (1, 3, 6 months) are normal.

As for the packs, if you already had the base game and Storm Legion, check out the two new soul packs (Dream Souls and Ascended Souls). The Fires of Maelforge Power Pack with 2,000,000 Loyalty points is also quite juicy.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 06-06-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Vigi View Post
    3. Maybe a naive question, but was there any official announcement about the future of the game? I wouldn't like to take a year's sub to see the game closed in 3 months.
    It has been stated several times in several places that there are serious intentions to continue development, but actions speak louder than words which has many (if not the vast majority) of people concerned to varying degrees as there hasn't been a whole lot of action taken in regard to new content which the game desperately needs. It has been confirmed that there are various new hires, but new hires also means training which takes time. There's also a severe lack of communication that's been going on between both players and Gamigo in regard to the development team (in redwood city) not telling anyone what's going on what questions are asked. On that note though it was just announced that we'll for sure be getting answers to a lot of our questions next week:

On top of that there was an announcement about some new publishers joining gamigo's team: https://gamigo-corporate.prezly.com/...erations-team# which lines up with some rumors with Gamigo inserting more management into current IPs (not just with Rift or former Trion games)

For now it's "they say they intend to continue development and that the game has a future. Some of us are more optimistic and others aren't and or have jumped ship already so there's no clear answer really until we see what they have to say next week.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    It has been stated several times in several places that there are serious intentions to continue development, but actions speak louder than words which has many (if not the vast majority) of people concerned to varying degrees as there hasn't been a whole lot of action taken in regard to new content which the game desperately needs. It has been confirmed that there are various new hires, but new hires also means training which takes time. There's also a severe lack of communication that's been going on between both players and Gamigo in regard to the development team (in redwood city) not telling anyone what's going on what questions are asked. On that note though it was just announced that we'll for sure be getting answers to a lot of our questions next week:

On top of that there was an announcement about some new publishers joining gamigo's team: https://gamigo-corporate.prezly.com/...erations-team# which lines up with some rumors with Gamigo inserting more management into current IPs (not just with Rift or former Trion games)

For now it's "they say they intend to continue development and that the game has a future. Some of us are more optimistic and others aren't and or have jumped ship already so there's no clear answer really until we see what they have to say next week.

and yet again such 'important' news is NOT shared by gamigo on the official forums... how strange.... it's even nowhere to be found, at all....

Rift Disciple

Hello Telara Citizen

I played long ago until Storm Legion and stopped a few months after the F2P transition. I have 1 character on Brutwacht.

As I still love the game, I was thinking to return, I have a few questions:

1. Is the current 7 euros/month (for a year subscription) a sale and is there a date for when this sale will end? Are the other current sub periods in sale too or in normal price?

2. Should I wait for next week's merger results before risking to take a sub?

4. I subbed from initial launch and bought anything Trion sold as packs until Storm Legion (included). Should I buy any of the new packs or will my subscription give me points to unlock things found in the packs? I don't mind paying on top of my sub if packs give me nice things like unlocks, bags, slots, etc.

Tanks in advance for your lights and safe travels!
    Gamigo has accomplished A LOT in past 6+ months. I'd say even Blizzard or any other massive studio could not do so well with new game they would buy.

I can easily suggest you buy a yearly patron, add few of these 200 credit packs and you should be fine. Game is in amazing state, support is awesome and CMs really know Rift inside and out. Spectacular!

Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatacid View Post
    Gamigo has accomplished A LOT in past 6+ months. I'd say even Blizzard or any other massive studio could not do so well with new game they would buy.

I can easily suggest you buy a yearly patron, add few of these 200 credit packs and you should be fine. Game is in amazing state, support is awesome and CMs really know Rift inside and out. Spectacular!

Good luck and have fun!
    Ironic post, presuming.

Else it seems you were contacted via PM to do bot marketing. Sorry, but objectively speaking it's hard to take that seriously.

Especially when you kick it off by saying Blizzard, part of a powerful mega game corporation with 10,000 employees, operators of games like Overwatch, World of Warcraft, and Call of Duty, couldn't have done more with Rift since last September than Gamigo - a small, privately owned firm with 350 total employees, massively lesser market reach and development budget, who haven't even filled all minimum roles on the Rift team yet?

Probably a joke post. The way it ends with
    buy a yearly patron, add few of these 200 credit packs and you should be fine. Game is in amazing state, support is awesome and CMs really know Rift inside and out. Spectacular!
    Anyway, interesting thought regardless of fake post or not:

What if some mega publisher had snatched up Rift out of left field (for an attractive price) to add another free-to-play game to their stable of digital titles. Putting their considerable resources behind revitalizing/retooling Rift from the get-go with some experienced developers and more retained team members.

What if, indeed ~

Soulwalker

Thanks for your detailed answers!

Judging by my past experience, your answers and some hours playing today which confirmed that Rift is still very fun, I took the risk to resub for a year.

I missed the packs that were just back to normal prices but I'll keep an eye on the ones you mentioned for future sale.

This automatic renewal thing in one year makes me nervous. I guess I can cancel my sub to avoid renewal but can still play till the end of my current sub?

Thanks for your detailed answers!

Judging by my past experience, your answers and some hours playing today which confirmed that Rift is still very fun, I took the risk to resub for a year.

I missed the packs that were just back to normal prices but I'll keep an eye on the ones you mentioned for future sale.

This automatic renewal thing in one year makes me nervous. I guess I can cancel my sub to avoid renewal but can still play till the end of my current sub?
    Yes, you can directly cancel after you sub, but you lose the special price then next time.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Yes, you can directly cancel after you sub, but you lose the special price then next time.
    Thanks again, I'll do that then, 1 year rotation for MMOs is a reasonable period anyway.

I wanted to share this a while back something was mentioned in the forums Gamigo never advertises or wants Rift or Trove or any Trion Games to be added or seen or grow.
    https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/welcome/
    Saw this today while I was on my Gamigo page i wanted to do some light reading so I clicked links on the page...
    I think this is wonderful given the sorry if i say this wrong the feelings of late in the forums of dark storm clouds of despair and down pour of the rain from eyes do to people afraid of the unknown of lack of community communications.

I Am and always will be a Murphy's Child....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    and yet again such 'important' news is NOT shared by gamigo on the official forums... how strange.... it's even nowhere to be found, at all....

They don't use forums because it's not secure. I wouldn't want my computer hacked either.

I wrote this comment using a vpn.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

I think if you wanna sub to the game if you like it than do it...lots of bonuses with it...do what you want. welcome back.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    They don't use forums because it's not secure. I wouldn't want my computer hacked either.

I wrote this comment using a vpn.
    hahaha, okay.

Its fine, been here for years using the forums...stop spreading ********.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatacid View Post

I can easily suggest you buy a yearly patron, add few of these 200€ credit packs and you should be fine. Game is in amazing state, support is awesome and CMs really know Rift inside and out. Spectacular!

Good luck and have fun!
    I dont even know what you are smoking but mate please stop lying yourself and the community. This community really needs to change or this game will going to face with same destiny like wildstar and bless soon...
    Last edited by Omerr; 06-08-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    I dont even know what you are smoking but mate please stop lying yourself and the community. This community really needs to change or this game will going to face with same destiny like wildstar and bless soon...
    Seriously; it reads like an ironic comedy post.
    The game isn't a dumpster fire, obviously, but what they wrote was disingenuous at best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast