+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bring RIFT Prime back!

Shadowlander

Default Bring RIFT Prime back!

I miss Classic RIFT, Playing the game when it had its best moments. Patron status was worth every cent of a penny. Why dont you leave the Prime RIFT server up and running? clearly your playerbase prefer the subscription based RIFT over Free to play version, If Prime wasnt what you expected then prehaps Re-release a "Standalone" Classic RIFT would be an option when the game didnt have a in-game store.
    Last edited by Lazymage; 06-03-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Were you not there for the Prime experience? They were struggling to get a 20-man raid together towards the end. And that was with only one server.

But if this is a troll post then carry on ;)
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Touched

Prime quickly lost most of its initial playerbase, so I'm not sure how people "clearly" preferred it over Live. Since it was a "challenge server" rather than an actual retro server, there's really nothing you could do in Prime that you can't do in Live. The items, builds, content, etc. are all the same. The only thing it really accomplished was fragmenting the playerbase and taking up development time.

Soulwalker

Everyone misses the classic until they play it again.....

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Prime quickly lost most of its initial playerbase, so I'm not sure how people "clearly" preferred it over Live. Since it was a "challenge server" rather than an actual retro server, there's really nothing you could do in Prime that you can't do in Live. The items, builds, content, etc. are all the same. The only thing it really accomplished was fragmenting the playerbase and taking up development time.
    Yeah, it's easy to romanticize a "classic" server, but Prime was never calibrated correctly to be a truly accurate reflection of early Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Yeah, it's easy to romanticize a "classic" server, but Prime was never calibrated correctly to be a truly accurate reflection of early Rift.
    I think that was less of a problem then the end game content for prime.

Well you can read all the issues of prime on my post "Prime and Prejudice"

I think most of players who played prime will agree on that post, of course some will not agree on some points of it or even whole post.

Prime clearly had so much potential even I didn't expect that hype when I saw the amount of people on zones but it managed wrongly.

At the moment 2nd Prime server will just hurt the game and to be honest if they do same errors it will die after 3rd day.

So for now bringing prime back is not a good option.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rift Chaser

Prime was a copy and paste of live, why pay to play for the exact same thing? Prime was not classic rift considering the code for Vanilla (Chocolate) was lost. So what you were playing was a similar result to first cousin marriages but in Rift terms.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

I actually think a second Prime project at some point in the future (after live got some much required love) wouldn't be that bad. But first they need to fix the issues and make a proper content release schedule.

If done right, they can automate the whole thing and start a new Prime season every year.

Anyway, right now there is too much other **** going on, so before live is running good and with fresh content I'd rather not see resources split up again.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Plane Walker

Honestly, I think Prime was a cash grab. Trion was incapable of working correctly as a company and Rift was foundering with no significant updates, the abandonment of 20 man raiding, crappy content, and a bs expac. Then all of a sudden they have the resources to do prime? I think it was a giant cash grab based on nostalgia and it further split the community and hurt the game. It did however produce a very short term infusion of cash, which was the entire goal.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Until a Dev or two can be brought on to work full time on soul balancing and fixing abilities that aren't functioning properly, I think any effort on another Prime would be wasted and turn out to be an even bigger flop.

Content and character abilities are the vast majority of what players interract with and leave the biggest impression on players. If those are not polished then it just ends up hurting the product more.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Honestly, I think Prime was a cash grab. Trion was incapable of working correctly as a company and Rift was foundering with no significant updates, the abandonment of 20 man raiding, crappy content, and a bs expac. Then all of a sudden they have the resources to do prime? I think it was a giant cash grab based on nostalgia and it further split the community and hurt the game. It did however produce a very short term infusion of cash, which was the entire goal.
    Actually they took out a loan to develop prime. So, yes all of a sudden they have the resources.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

I'd rather see a Rift 2.0 come out over any silly vanilla Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Basna View Post
    I'd rather see a Rift 2.0 come out over any silly vanilla Rift.
    this is also a dumb idea ... lets instead move onward to rift 5.0 forget the past in its entirety
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

I tried prime and quit again once it became clear it was not really the original version (which I had loved). That took only a few seconds to figure out. If there was any chance of a real return to original Rift, I would sign on for it, but since that seems impossible, I don't see the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast