+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Rhipf
  • 2 Post By aileen
  • 1 Post By Refuge
  • 1 Post By Monkerlotus

Thread: So no more lockboxes in Patron Weekly?

Sword of Telara

Default So no more lockboxes in Patron Weekly?

So I guess there is less incentive to keep patron status going. I opened my weekly patron gift box only to discover that there is no longer a lockbox included. It isn't much more than an extra daily reward now.

P.S. This could have been added to patch notes (not like they didn't have room for a notice).
    Last edited by Rhipf; 05-29-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Yep, it's a bit disappointing... It's also gone out of the rift store. I had thought I read something about there being a new lockbox (supply crate) starting today, don't see anything about it in game though.

Shadowlander

Well, this blows. I looked forward to opening it/them each week and now it's just another meh thing I can take or leave and is another reason to save my patron money.

They couldn't even replace it with something else fun? No idea what that might be but come on...

They know about it and it wasn't intentional to disable the patron ones.
    So no more lockboxes in Patron Weekly?-lockbox-avathar.jpg

It's important to keep in mind that lockboxes were being phased out completely for the last 2 years. The patron one has been the same for the last 3 years and was just there as a placeholder until they decided what to give out in it's place. They were all going to be taken out once the store overhaul came around, but the acquisition came before that so it sounds like Gamigo may be finishing what Trion started. This is also why mounts started going up for direct purchase and more packs were being created as to step away from the RNG of it all. Hopefully for the time being though, they turn the patron box back on until they decide what they'll reward in place of it going forward.

Edit: It turns out (as I just learned at the time of this edit) they replaced the hold harvest levitation mount lockbox with the new regulos mount lockbox specifically for the patron weekly reward. The few other lockboxes that were left on the store are still disabled. They didn't add in the new regulos box until several hours later after the patch for whatever reason so if you opened your weekly reward before that then you lost out on the box for this week.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 05-30-2019 at 01:51 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Shadowlander

I hope they're able to cough 'em up for what was missed, but at least it wasn't intentional.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Disappointed

As a patron I was very disappointed to not have my lock box today. I look forward to it every week. Hopefully they come up with a new weekly surprise for us or it will be difficult to continue with paying for Patron. I'd rather just spend the money at the store then or somewhere else.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Attachment 33881
    It would be really nice if they would post this kind of information on the game forums (as an addendum to the patch notes maybe) instead of just on Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Attachment 33881

It's important to keep in mind that lockboxes were being phased out completely for the last 2 years.
    What more funny is;

They let Keyens or someone else design new UI and code new system for lockboxes when they introduced VP on PTS and showed it on livestream like thats another big stuff we added meanwhile they didn't focus ongoing issues on that time which resulted making bigger and bigger pile of issues nowadays.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

So Gamigo have decided to re-introduce new lock boxes?

Tbh this was expected.
    Fwob - Zaviel

not much to look forward to anymore with this game, id like at least get this weeks box and to see one next reset too...
    PO-TA-TOES!

Telaran

no idea why you did'nt get yours--but I had three last wednesday--the patron weekly gave 2 (rare occurence)-and got another one at same time because I completed the lvl 30 of BP before I claimed them all---also I got my normal one chest on my US char

Soulwalker

Question Keep lockbox keys?

Should I keep those lockbox keys or dump them? I haven't used one in ages.

+ Reply to Thread