+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 2 Post By Saido
  • 1 Post By Rhipf

Thread: Cross Shard Mail Disabled

Telaran

Default Cross Shard Mail Disabled

Now that cross shard mail is disabled, can someone tell me how I can transfer my "Bound to account" pet to another one of my characters ?

Aside from making another character on this shard, levelling it to 15, transferring the pet to that character, then moving the new character to the shard with my required character and finally transferring the pet a second time!!
    Gamingo: The more limitations you place in the game, the less people will want to play

An irony: The more we play, the more we win and collect, items, notoriety, pets, artifacts. The more we collect, the more likely we are to win something we already have, which means we are not really winning anything any more.
    Gamingo: Any chance you can look at what we NEED before rewarding us with something random, especially when we cannot even use it on another character?
    Last edited by Player01; 04-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.

You have to do the transfer dance.

Cross-shard mail has never been enabled on live btw.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Player01 View Post
    Trion: Any chance you can look at what we NEED
    Nope. they didn't when they existed and they certainly won't now that the company has been bankrupt and non-existant for half a year.

Now that cross shard mail is disabled, can someone tell me how I can transfer my "Bound to account" pet to another one of my characters ?

use the shared bank tab to transfer stuff between shards ... if you don't have one yet then maybe you should get one
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    use the shared bank tab to transfer stuff between shards ... if you don't have one yet then maybe you should get one
    The Shard bank is only for characters on the same shard; it does not allow items to be transferred between shards. (Perhaps you're thinking of Aion? I recall a single "row" in the Aion bank UI that was visible to all characters on the account, regardless of which server/shard they were on.)

World of Warcraft had (might still have?) cross-shard mail, but only for account-bound items. but Rift has never had that functionality. (Friended toons transferred to other shards have shown up on the Rift Friends list, but I don't recall ever successfully mailing to them.)
    Last edited by Saido; 04-17-2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added WoW info
    ~ Hana ~ Thorn ~ Mirceliade ~ Zondria ~ Amatsoni ~
    <Mythical Creatures>
    @Laethys @Deepwood

Plane Touched

Default Bank toons

So- you make a low level toon on the shards you want to trade stuff with. You stock up the toon and transfer it. Yes- there will be a week or so turnaround before the mule toon can come back. Take the week to figure out what you want shuttled. This system has been used for years on Live- no cross shard bank or mail ever took place.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    You have to do the transfer dance.

Cross-shard mail has never been enabled on live btw.
    Yes it has, I have transferred items to other characters in the past

Sword of Telara

Are you sure you did cross-shard mail on the Live server?

I found this post that Trion was working on a cross-shard system and had implemented it on PTS for testing but cannot find any indication that it ever went live.

Yes it has, I have transferred items to other characters in the past
    Nope. As Rhipf pointed out, they had it up on PTS between the 2 test shards there, but turned it off shortly after. It was part of a larger test that also would've been followed by cross shard auctioning which likely would've lead to a mega server at some point. All of that got shelved as other things became higher priorities.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Cross shard MAIL - no, you haven't. Not on live.

Cross shard trading - yes.

+ Reply to Thread