+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Shard should I Be Playing On? Returning Player

Soulwalker

Default What Shard should I Be Playing On? Returning Player

Hello, it's been a very long time since I've played and I'm trying to get back in. Which shard right now is the most populated/active (PVE or PVP I do both, I'm North American). Also, not sure if it matters, but if they still do the patron thing, I will be buying that (Just in case I need it to play on premium servers, Not sure if premium servers are still a thing).

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, because I'm not gonna start a new character till then. Thank you.
    Last edited by bluezone5; 04-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

You can hop between all the shards as often as you want so a "home" shard isn't too important unless you want to join a specific Guild, not too up on NA shard populations though. No such thing as a Premium server now that Prime is gone, you can play and level 1-70, experience all the content for free if you like, nothing is blocked.

Welcome back, i'd check out the News section as well and read up on the new Battle Pass system, might sway your mind to become a Patron as well.

As far as I've heard, when you log in you'll be put on whichever server is, at that moment, most populated. (fwiw I find myself most often placed on Deepwood, Faeblight, or Greybriar).

I'd suggest looking at the guild recruitment section of the forum to see who's most active, if theat's waht you're looking for, or come ask in the Heroes of Telara discord.
    ~ Hana ~ Thorn ~ Mirceliade ~ Zondria ~ Amatsoni ~
    <Mythical Creatures>
    @Laethys @Deepwood

Hello..there..im either so old.player..sence beta test..i did stop.play 5 years ago time..
    What is situacion of the game.?!
    Servers are still high populated or?!
    What is current state of the game?!
    I today watched few twitch streamers..
    This feel.when i played so long time ago time..was nice..
    Is worth to come back again?!
    I think have 1 or 2 60.lvl heroes.
    If re.start play again..i think i feel play like new.game.
    Last edited by Dairdis; 04-14-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dairdis View Post
    Is worth to come back again?!
    I think have 1 or 2 60.lvl heroes.
    If re.start play again..i think i feel play like new.game.
    If you have been away for that long, there is still a LOT of content to go through. It WILL feel like a new game in some aspects, but also very familiar. It will sometimes look like a lot of players are online, but do not be fooled. You will be log into the game and be put on the same shard as many other people, so there is a feeling of community, even though you are on different servers. It feels good in the crowded areas, but the rest of the game is more or less a Solo player experience.

Is it worth it to come back? To try it out, yes, it is always worth coming back. But to play it "for real"? Only you can decide. Depending on what you like and dislike, it may or may not be worth it to you. We cannot decide that.

Any shard you pick can be changed (by Transfer) after a week, so try one and see. If you find a guild you want to join later, you can transfer to the shard they're on. Otherwise, as previously noted, you will be popped onto some random shard (except Seastone) when you log in (usually a well populated one).

Soulwalker

Thanks guys, guess I'm gonna jump back in now. Thanks for the info. I am a little confused however when you say it throws you into a random populated server?

hmm..well then..i will understand alone..thanks for enswer to me too..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dairdis View Post
    hmm..well then..i will understand alone..thanks for enswer to me too..
    Ambrodel replied to you.

"If you have been away for that long, there is still a LOT of content to go through. It WILL feel like a new game in some aspects, but also very familiar. It will sometimes look like a lot of players are online, but do not be fooled. You will be log into the game and be put on the same shard as many other people, so there is a feeling of community, even though you are on different servers. It feels good in the crowded areas, but the rest of the game is more or less a Solo player experience.

Is it worth it to come back? To try it out, yes, it is always worth coming back. But to play it "for real"? Only you can decide. Depending on what you like and dislike, it may or may not be worth it to you. We cannot decide that."

-Ambrodel

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluezone5 View Post
    I am a little confused however when you say it throws you into a random populated server?

Each Server can be the most 'popular' server every few days so lets say you pick Deepwood as your home server, you make a char on Deepwood.

Now you might log on and the game will put you on Faeblight server as it's the busiest that day, it just means you're playing temporarily on Faeblight, your base/home server will still be Deepwood, the only difference you can see is when you check the Auction House (AH) you will always see the Deepwood AH, no matter what other server you're temporarily on.

You simply have to right-click your char portrait to pick what server to jump to or return to Deepwood but if you like having people around you, you can stay on the server the game puts you onto when you log in.

Simple answer, Faeblight is the only real shard. All the others are pale imitations

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

+ Reply to Thread