+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: We can do this...Rifters.

Default We can do this...Rifters.

So, every game on the market is pay to win. I truly think that this game has the ballsz of steel and then some. I really dont think this game even tries to be like them. ...we are talking about gaming that asks so much money to even excel in end game when Rift is not that at all.

lets list all the play to win games shall we, gw2, , EVE online, eq1 and 2. eq2 mostly eq2 no one gets to end game unless you are loaded. WoW is a joke they got rid of all their good developers years ago, making the game a **** shop. If this game really wants to excel, don't be like them. Stand out..., but why say this when the game is in CPU ...I just think that this game is better than them other games and also ESO, another game that wants all your money to play it. When half the system of the game isnt right.

Maybe we can help make this game great again. I mean by vouching forth that no other game is going to give you stuff from running IA's. No other game is gonna reward you for being here, unless your paying for it; and the whole battle pass is cool, its an option. get over it if you dont support this game, I have a feeling most will pay for it just for the cool stuff you can get. Maybe they are trying to bring us all together. I mean with pvp and pve....why is everyone complaining when in reality we need both. I agree about having it class based, I mean who does that/? I think this game has more to offer than most out there and the smart ones stay here for that reason because your not buying any bull **** in end game here. You are not this player who has to spend a ton of money in a game just to get to raid. I like this about Rift however the grind of it all could be cut in half. Let everyone be balanced. I think the most popular time was before the last expansion because everyone was balanced. Yep.

just take my words in please because we deserve a chance.And dont beat around the bush asking for money with this battle pass, just ask for it for a new raid...we/I will pay for it surely.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Plane Touched

The problem is the visibility. The game is not advertised anywhere/enough on reddit/twitch. Few streamers only do Bos which is very very very boring to watch (awful colors, etc etc). Stays Seshatar who do great job with his stream (even after being laugh at/deceive by trion) but the 2 or 3 buttons smash make it boring fast.
    A lot of people may get bored of Wow but with no advertising they will not join much Rift and this summer people will certainly go back to wow classic server.

BMX
    Rift Master

For anything to come to be of Rift, there will need to be content delivery, zero gambling required and genuine class balance complete with soul scaling that was left behind from NT to now.

After the above is actually achieved, an advertising campaign that will be seen by more than a few twitter fans...
    Banned

Rift Master

This can be done.

But it would require Mamigo to have a long-term plan, at least for the next 3-5 years, and I'm not sure that they're ready to have that yet. Maybe not ever.

If they're plan on plodding along, doing some things here and there, hoping that will bring players back (maybe because that worked with some of their other games), they're wrong.

What this tells me is that their purchase of Trion may not have been really thought thru - kind of a spur of the moment purchase because it was cheap, I don't know.

We'll have to wait and see, and hope.

Telaran

just take my words in please because we deserve a chance.And dont beat around the bush asking for money with this battle pass, just ask for it for a new raid...we/I will pay for it surely.
    Well said!

This battle pass pay to win / pay to play which is all it is, was not needed at all. End game content is what we need not some cash grab from the store...via a quest to cover it up and make it look like you're not buying off the cash store directly.

Can't wait for us to have to pay a battle pass to get better loot drops in BOS...

Well, for the game to move forward i guess it needs funding, just playing does closer to zilch for the "developers"/current owners. I've personally feel embarrassed thinking how much i have spent over the years, but i liked the game and had fun in it, made friends, made enemies or whatever, so it's not all regret.
    Would i see something new and exciting and polished - i might dare to do it again. Currently - i'm not even on the fence. It's all grinding and RNG and zero transparency when it comes to loot and also... communication between the company is kinda meh, even though it's a significantly smaller community now.

We're in a vicious cycle, where there is no new content, no reason to spend on the game, smaller budget (supposedly) and team... as result delaying production of content. One of the sides will need to be more flexible and i don't see players "taking one for the team" yet again after so many promises not being kept (or fully kept) in the past.

The main thing going for Rift is lack of new game competition at the moment. That changes towards the end of this year/start of 2020. There are plenty of new shiny things coming along in the MMO market that will substitute for the itch that was Rift. So Rift has a half year window to get cracking or it will be largely over IMO.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    So, every game on the market is pay to win.

lets list all the play to win games shall we, gw2, , EVE online, eq1 and 2. eq2 mostly eq2 no one gets to end game unless you are loaded.
    I cut out the parts i will answer because i found it to be a ridiculous statement about GW2 (and to be fair the other games too but i leave that for others) and if you are to bash other games at least don't make up things that are not true.

Guild Wars 2 is a buy to play game. But we have a very generouse f2p version of the core game. That means you can level your character to lvl 80 (end level) and also play the old endgame content for as long as you want. Sort of a extended trial. If you decided you want to go on playing the game and get in to all the new maps and the content that came with it such as raids, stories, meta map events, fractals, pvp and wvw, amazing mount system, gliding and the like then you will need to buy the expac because again GW2 is a buy to play game.

GW2 do not have any sort of subscriptions, vip or anything else that give you benefits other players can not have unless they cough up money.
    The gem store is only cosmetic and convinience items and you can use your ingame gold and exchange it straight off without any middle hands. So there will never be a point were you feel left out because you do not have the money.

I know this is not RIFT related and you tried to make a post in favor for that and i agree that RIFT need more visibillity, more content and easier to get in to it then it is now. It will never survive in the state it is now. It will never survive if the content you get are only cosmetic (regarding the last video from Gamigo) it need content that apeal to both veterans and casual players. It should also show more of the amazing housing system RIFT have, now when Wildstar is gone, RIFT deffo took the spot and should show that they did.

RIFT should also leave the damn hippi stories that expansions brought and go back to the old story and build around that. It was interesting and fun whilst the new stuff never got me to stay when ever i joined back to check it out.

All very good ideas and opinions. Visually, this game is still stunning. I can't keep away from creating a new toon and starting over, and over. I agree with class balance, less p2w cash shopping and bringing back the value of crafting trade to sell your wares on AH. Open world drops for anything and everything, regardless of what level toon you have. I crave adventure.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Refer below, comment deleted.
    Last edited by Sails; 04-09-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    So, every game on the market is pay to win [not Rift].
    Well, I mean, there's a temporal element that can't be ignored.

Let's say Vince and Jimmy are ostensibly equal skilled in Rift (like within 1% of each other) and use the same spec, same gear, have the same game/network performance, and they're each facing the same content for the first time.

Vince spends $100 in the Rift store on potions which accelerate % rewards of many key progression metrics, buys items which immediately increase his base character statistics, and buys passive effects which allow his character to move faster, regenerate faster, craft faster, and claim more, higher grade rewards.

Jimmy, on the other hand, just installs Rift and spends nothing in the store.

There's a very significant chance that when they each face that content for the first time, Vince is going to enjoy greatly increased odds at "winning" thanks to what he paid. When Jimmy and Vince compare relative stats/challenge/recovery/rewards in that time span, it's quite clear where Vince's payments directly augmented his player statistics compared to Jimmy, tilting the balance of these equally-matched players to Vince, by virtue of cash-for-more-stats.

If the Rift shop (or any game's shop/microtransactions) had entirely cosmetic-only items, then, and only then, can we claim it's not potentially Pay to Win.

If we're being honest. For science.

Rift is more like Pay to Progress much faster. This would work if it wasn't so much faster it is considered Pay to Win. If you're going to give a pay-to-progress player a 6 months headstart it is usually regarded as pay to win.

The reverse argument that it is not Pay to Win is if you are competitive and view classes as equally performing. In this case you can play the most overpowered classes and just feel good about slaughtering the other classes in PvP and PvE so it feels like it does not pay to win when you play vs. other classes. You will still not feel too good vs those that p2w with the OP classes though. Accidently choosing the worse classes will have you logging out of the game more often, not wanting to participate in content like PvP and just eventually rerolling or accepting the bare minimum performance. For instance, comparing yourself to your own class and not any other class to make sense of the situation. Like the new Rift Meter tried to do to hide Total Performance in an Instance by cutting performance into sections. Many of you will be surprised how incredibly underpowered classes are when you view Total Performance with the Old meter which is actually much more accurate at determining the performance of classes in a total instance rather than slicing the instance up.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-09-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    The problem is the visibility. The game is not advertised anywhere/enough on reddit/twitch. Few streamers only do Bos which is very very very boring to watch (awful colors, etc etc). Stays Seshatar who do great job with his stream (even after being laugh at/deceive by trion) but the 2 or 3 buttons smash make it boring fast.
    A lot of people may get bored of Wow but with no advertising they will not join much Rift and this summer people will certainly go back to wow classic server.
    I agree. 100%/ wow is a joke now and now is the time to really take advantage of the elements of this game.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    For anything to come to be of Rift, there will need to be content delivery, zero gambling required and genuine class balance complete with soul scaling that was left behind from NT to now.

After the above is actually achieved, an advertising campaign that will be seen by more than a few twitter fans...
    yep. I also think they need to focus on the uniqueness of the game such as dimensions. , they rule all other gaming housing,period. Maybe put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    This can be done.

But it would require Mamigo to have a long-term plan, at least for the next 3-5 years, and I'm not sure that they're ready to have that yet. Maybe not ever.

If they're plan on plodding along, doing some things here and there, hoping that will bring players back (maybe because that worked with some of their other games), they're wrong.

What this tells me is that their purchase of Trion may not have been really thought thru - kind of a spur of the moment purchase because it was cheap, I don't know.

We'll have to wait and see, and hope.
    well I agree but also what if their plan goes south because they realize their are more players than they expected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast