+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: We can do this...Rifters.

  1. #16
    Champion MissGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Well, I mean, there's a temporal element that can't be ignored.

    Let's say Vince and Jimmy are ostensibly equal skilled in Rift (like within 1% of each other) and use the same spec, same gear, have the same game/network performance, and they're each facing the same content for the first time.

    Vince spends $100 in the Rift store on potions which accelerate % rewards of many key progression metrics, buys items which immediately increase his base character statistics, and buys passive effects which allow his character to move faster, regenerate faster, craft faster, and claim more, higher grade rewards.

    Jimmy, on the other hand, just installs Rift and spends nothing in the store.

    There's a very significant chance that when they each face that content for the first time, Vince is going to enjoy greatly increased odds at "winning" thanks to what he paid. When Jimmy and Vince compare relative stats/challenge/recovery/rewards in that time span, it's quite clear where Vince's payments directly augmented his player statistics compared to Jimmy, tilting the balance of these equally-matched players to Vince, by virtue of cash-for-more-stats.

    If the Rift shop (or any game's shop/microtransactions) had entirely cosmetic-only items, then, and only then, can we claim it's not potentially Pay to Win.

    If we're being honest. For science.
    for science reasons it makes sense , however I disagree with you for the fact being that anyone can lvl up and grind end game ****. I am one of them. I can get into raids just fine, it dismisses all the ptw ********, because it does. so maybe look at two people getting in the game to move forward, rather than looking at ptw. And that is what I meant.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

  2. #17
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    If gamigo really wants to save Rift they need to focus on creating some sort of new stuf. But that means they need to invest the rift. Currently rift has a 3 dev expecting a raid, new zone new in game stuff is kinda dream at this point.

    They are creating some kinda cosmetics + mounts which is nice for some amount of people but not for me sorry. ( White knights especially )

    Battle pass is like a total joke I dont wanna talk about that thing. This game needs investment + man power that is so obvious.

    Lastly gamigo is doing the thing what was trion doing before. Creating dimension items, costumes not a content.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    So, every game on the market is pay to win......
    lets list all the play to win games shall we, gw2..... WoW is a joke they got rid of all their good developers years ago, making the game a **** shop.
    gw2 is (like Leaa said) pay to play and WoW has a good subscription model with all included (even bank and bag space).In their shop are only mounts, pets, services and recently two toys. One can buy something, but it is not relevant for the game itself. It is also not necessary to buy something in addition to the subscription. In Rift I must buy bank, bag space, minion slots, key´s for ingame found boxes and a lot of more things that should be in the subscription.

    Rift has already taken a path that I hope WoW will never have to take. Unfortunately, they have made some wrong decisions, even in Diablo.Their mobil game idea seemed like an April fool's joke to the die-hard fans. Unfortunately, they were serious.

    In every game were layoffs. This is a really sad development. But these both games you named are, in my opinion, not pay to win.
    Last edited by Maelya; 04-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.

  4. #19
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Lastly gamigo is doing the thing what was trion doing before. Creating dimension items, costumes not a content.
    Hate to burst the myth bubble of folks thinking Dimensions get everything BUT dimensions were broken for three years, a year after their release - with no fixes and are still broken as far as I am concerned without logical storage UI. That Salvatrix took on the mountain of Dimension doom in her spare time was something we as a game are indeed very lucky to have received or the long list of things among broken code, lost assets, not working updates etc would still be around.

    Dimensions has not received anything new since Gamigo took over that wasn't already in the pipe line nor is there any dimension items in the battlepass. Yes, dimensions may seem to get a lot but every segment of this game has endured long running neglect at some point so PLEASE for the love of Nico the Dimensional Bartender stop making up stuff regarding dimensions because you (and others) don't get a lot of this stuff is already in game and doesn't require extra work that new content does.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2019 at 06:48 AM.

  5. #20
    Plane Walker Omerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hate to burst the myth bubble of folks thinking Dimensions get everything BUT dimensions were broken for three years, a year after their release - with no fixes and are still broken as far as I am concerned without logical storage UI. That Salvatrix took on the mountain of Dimension doom in her spare time was something we as a game are indeed very lucky to have received or the long list of things among broken code, lost assets, not working updates etc would still be around.

    Dimensions has not received anything new since Gamigo took over that wasn't already in the pipe line nor is there any dimension items in the battlepass. Yes, dimensions may seem to get a lot but every segment of this game has endured long running neglect at some point so PLEASE for the love of Nico the Dimensional Bartender stop making up stuff regarding dimensions because you (and others) don't get a lot of this stuff is already in game and doesn't require extra work that new content does.
    I'd recommend you to play simcity. That's all.

    Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

  6. #21
    Champion Burnlogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    for science reasons it makes sense , however I disagree with you for the fact being that anyone can lvl up and grind end game ****. I am one of them. I can get into raids just fine, it dismisses all the ptw ********, because it does. so maybe look at two people getting in the game to move forward, rather than looking at ptw. And that is what I meant.
    Nah, if Rift sold strictly cosmetic items, the game's microtransactions would inherently be exempt from pay-to-win or pay-to-progress.

    But that's not the case.

    You can spend real world dollars to augment base character statistics, augment character regeneration, augment traversal speed, augment token accumulation, augment faction accumulation, increase rewards, reduce timers, and so forth.

    Inherently tied to gameplay within core progression systems.

    That's pay-to-progress.
    As a result, the stats, values, and metrics in-game ("progression balance") are deliberately gimped - with exaggerated advancement curves - when unassisted by paid-for-progress.

    This design compromise is simply a side effect of cash shops in all games with microtransactions that have an effect on core/global player progression.

    Sorta' unequivocally. It is what it is.

    *If a game's shop is 100% cosmetic only, this is the only case when a game can technically claim it's not pay-to-win or pay-for-acceleration or pay-to-not-be-compromised-by-exaggerated stat curves.
    Last edited by Burnlogic; 04-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.

  7. #22
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    I'd recommend you to play simcity. That's all.
    Sim City on iOS is not my jam. The Sims 4 is great though, started playing last year you should try it also!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2019 at 09:30 AM.

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple fantasyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    186

    Default

    you cant do it.

    game is dead.

    you have a better chance of rezzing jesus than this game surviving for long.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

  9. #24
    Telaran Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    82

    Default

    In terms of "P2W" No, this is not true, Pay to progress faster? yes, P2W? no, there is no end game content, BiS gear, currency. buffs, etc that is available for actual money, so the P2S argument is baseless.

    In terms of content, currently anything past BoS is impossible to do on a technical terms and thats why we got stuck with it for a year (games in 32 bit and we hit that threshhold with Azranel) so if we get anything new it will be Azranel or lower.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts