+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Excited about Battle Pass but what is it based on?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Sails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    254

    Question Excited, no longer about Battle and what at it is based on?

    The Battle Pass looks exciting as far as how it works. Its just that it isn't stated what its about. The graphic on the post looks like its in the Schism area of PoA. When it mentions season, what is the theme its based on? I was thinking episodes or chapters of some sort. Is this from the most recent region map and its lore or parts of like Votsigar Peak or which part of the game?
    Last edited by Sails; 04-04-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

  2. #2
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,727

    Default

    Also add previews of the cosmetics and mounts please

  3. #3
    Ascendant simpa1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    More infos and previews would be nice.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    After the recent news update I'm for once very welcoming to the idea. I think it's a decent idea worth trying, and the price with the 3 split reward tiers seem reasonably thought out. Gamigo's purpose with buying out Trion was to test new ideas on a particular type of clientele (my personal opinion anyway), and if testing means finding out what pleases customers while bringing in dollar, then fair enough.

    I guess my only concern is, can the few devs that exist on the game deliver enough new content every season (which I'm assuming is every couple of months), to satisfy the battle pass's requirements to be interesting and worthwhile?

    If it's rehashed cosmetic items with differing colours such as the white snail then I'm not so sure. Great balls of Fire mount sounds great, but for only $10 plus a few other cosmetics, my experience and logic is very much predicting this will be a rehashed mount with different colours.
    Saying that the carnival budgie was actually a decent variation with minimum effort (I'm right to think this was new this year right?!), so they're showing they've got the right ideas (here's hoping it was made by the new devs and not already ready before the takeover).


    If you make a decent amount of money from it, then it's probably a worthwhile idea as $10 is not exploitative and money = progress. As long as it doesn't become the ONLY thing you're working on.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-03-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Clowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    After the recent news update I'm for once very welcoming to the idea. I think it's a decent idea worth trying, and the price with the 3 split reward tiers seem reasonably thought out. Gamigo's purpose with buying out Trion was to test new ideas on a particular type of clientele (my personal opinion anyway), and if testing means finding out what pleases customers while bringing in dollar, then fair enough.
    Just so you know, the battle pass was in development when Rift was still owned by Trion. Hints about its development and data related to it have existed in some form since August/September 2018. It has only been completed recently after the Gamigo acquisition.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Right, that changes things a little, thanks for clarifying that.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  7. #7
    Plane Touched TurbidBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    256

    Default

    pretty sure the mount is in the announcement picture. levitation mount with floating fireballs. not sure if the fire crown and fire eyes are part of using the mount or other cosmetic rewards.

    Last edited by TurbidBlue; 04-03-2019 at 01:55 PM.

    ..on the birth of a search, white trash my native son..

  8. #8
    Telaran discosoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    74

    Default

    What *is* it, though?

    The way it's priced, it sounds more like they're trying to create a Fortnite-style "Season Pass" where it's essentially just a checklist of tasks to complete for rewards, but I'm not entirely sure.

    Call me jaded, but it sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Bontoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Is this $9.99 price per season? A one time purchase?... If it's the former will it be added to patron, or will the cost be an addition?
    "You Can Never Truly Beat Someone Who Never Gives Up"

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    372

    Default

    i don't understand any of this, does this mean that the current F2P system that we've been playing will be over? should go somewhere else?
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  11. #11
    Ascendant Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,223

    Default



    Not everything shown there is set in stone. Raids are supposed to only be restricted to weeklies. I would suggest if you guys have feedback to post it over here so it's focused in one place: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ic-test-shard/

    Quite a few of us have already taken issue with the class specific pvp stuff. It sounds like they're still discussing and tuning a lot of these things so there's time to make changes.

    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

    Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Refuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurbidBlue View Post
    pretty sure the mount is in the announcement picture. levitation mount with floating fireballs. not sure if the fire crown and fire eyes are part of using the mount or other cosmetic rewards.

    Oh right haha. And those levitation mounts are pretty zzZzz.

    I honestly don't see much worth in this, I doubt I'll buy it. It's up to them if they make the rewards decent enough. Better rewards = more buyers, simple as that.


    Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    What *is* it, though?

    The way it's priced, it sounds more like they're trying to create a Fortnite-style "Season Pass" where it's essentially just a checklist of tasks to complete for rewards, but I'm not entirely sure.

    Call me jaded, but it sounds like a solution looking for a problem.
    Essentially yes, like fortnite with tasks to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bontoose View Post
    Is this $9.99 price per season? A one time purchase?... If it's the former will it be added to patron, or will the cost be an addition?
    Pretty sure it's $10 for the whole season, which is basically 1 month. I doubt it will be a whole new set of tasks the next month, I don't think they could roll it out that quick. I would expect a gap of a month of 2 before season 2.




    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    i don't understand any of this, does this mean that the current F2P system that we've been playing will be over? should go somewhere else?
    The quests will be available to all players, just the cosmetic rewards will be slightly improved for those who buy the pack. They'll be really mundane quests too, that are already in the game, but will require completing again. Or silly ones like complete so many bgs etc.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-04-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Sails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post


    Not everything shown there is set in stone. Raids are supposed to only be restricted to weeklies. I would suggest if you guys have feedback to post it over here so it's focused in one place: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ic-test-shard/

    Quite a few of us have already taken issue with the class specific pvp stuff. It sounds like they're still discussing and tuning a lot of these things so there's time to make changes.
    Wait so is this 30 levels of rewards? Basically Battle Pass would be an amped up version of reward harvesting?
    May the six bless the one, on the 1-2. For the vigil has bailed and forsaken all.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Speedbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    165

    Default Tasks are easy yet

    and we do get 4 rex for 10 bucks?

    Why not? As long as the tasks provide players for actual content so everybody can meet mor efrequently is a way to bring the playerbase together. And for the others, your dps will be still the same even without the cosmetic stuff...

    win/win?

    thoughts?
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood in Hello Kitty
    Orgone Maydayy Tailgrab Torusterritory all @ brutwacht in Gilgamesh
    my music: https://www.numberonemusic.com/artist941 https://whussup.net:333/?q=release/timelines

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Ambrodel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbug View Post
    and we do get 4 rex for 10 bucks?
    There's no REX in there. Only a total of 1500 credits spread out over 5 reward levels.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts