+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we please improve on communication?

Default Can we please improve on communication?

Hello,

I have been relatively quiet regarding the whole Gamigo takeover, and I just recently started feeling somewhat optimistic as I can see Gamigo is at least trying. If the Battle Pass is what I think it will be, it sounds like a good way to bring frequent activity to the game. The new dungeon/raid, and then the events. This all sounds good to me, and like a lot has been done in the midst of a takeover. What is frustrating is anything I just mentioned is hard to verify. We have seen bad communication on a number of factors:
    • The social media post about the Battle Pass with no information on it.
    • An email that does not seem to exist anywhere on the website.
    • MMO websites linking to "more information" on the update, which redirects to the home page of Rift. No further information is on this homepage for 4.8

You guys should be proud of the work you do, yet I am not seeing any information that I can view. Why not make a 4.8 preview news article? Detail the Battle Pass, the new dungeon/raid, and other relevant things coming. To be fair, I am somewhat casual. I do not sit in the Discord, or play on the PTS. But still, It's very frustrating when it feels like a secret update is taking place, and I have no idea what is in it.
    Last edited by Starfox; 03-29-2019 at 11:44 AM.

To be fair, Battle pass is something that Roughraptors and the Trion team worked on to almost near completion prior to the takeover. Gamigo (from what has been circulated) has changed the original intent behind the pass about and we didn't (still don't) even know the details for those were back then. Battle pass sounds like it'll be one of the last projects to come as we move into the second half of 2019 which won't be for a while I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    Hello, If the Battle Pass is what I think it will be, it sounds like a good way to bring frequent activity to the game.
    This really depends on what kind of objectives we need to complete. If it's more of the same stuff then it won't be all that appealing to a lot of people. I personally want the rewards involved, but that's not going to be enough incentive for the vast majority especially if it's grinding the same type of stuff that we did with the eternal weapons. You also don't want to players to feel forced into specific activities. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-feedback.html

They'll discuss it when it's ready to go and hopefully even before then when it's ready to hit PTS. Unfortunately it's likely going to be radio silence until then.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-29-2019 at 01:35 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Thanks for the reply. I understand the Battle Pass a little better now. I just wish we had a little better communication is all. I mean, I would rather be told that they are working on X, and it will take quite some time. Uncertainty is never the answer in an active service game. I'm hopeful they can turn this around. I can at least see some effort being made, which really was lacking early on.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Hi hi!

I understand what you mean with your first point regarding the Battle Pass, the other points though I do not understand. Can you elaborate on what you mean by those?
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    the other points though I do not understand.
    Is that a translation issue or just ignoring the fact that we, the players of this game, is being met with a big frekkin huge wall of Silence about the future of this game? Some examples of what the OP means:

You guys should be proud of the work you do, yet I am not seeing any information that I can view. Why not make a 4.8 preview news article? Detail the Battle Pass, the new dungeon/raid, and other relevant things coming.
    I would rather be told that they are working on X, and it will take quite some time.
    Since Gamigo took over, THAT part, the flow of information, has been absolutely horrible. We know nothing about what you PLAN on doing with this game, despite several posts indicating that you HAVE plans and that you ARE working on stuff. And one where you directly tells us
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    we canít wait to show you what the year 2019 has in store for RIFT!
    Well... you've waited 3 full months now, since 2019 started and we still know nothing, because COMMUNICATION IS BAD seems to be the mantra in Gamigo.

Not having enough information isn't entirely true. They told us from the very start that the first half of 2019 was like going to be smaller QoL projects while they lay out a long term plan to go forward with. I don't disagree that it would absolutely be nice and better if we got to hear about said plan, but like most other companies, they're not going to release information about upcoming plans/projects unless they're 100% sure that it's going to happen the way they say it is outside of any last minute issues that push it back of prevent its release.

1. Carnival - There are/were new items being worked on, but it looks like they didn't quite make the cut. Mainly due to new artists being hired and still learning the tools.

3. New Expert - Despite the controversy around runes, it's at least something new and it points to the potential for the final raid as you're essentially starting a pre-assault on Ahnkets tower. We know from some inklings that ahnkets tower was in the process of being worked on, but we don't know to what extent.

3. Calendar Rework - It was confirmed through Avathar that this would be pushed out once the new dungeon made it to live. They're likely in the process of doing that now.

4. More CTA revamps - Not 100% confirmed which one will be next, though there's been some word from anonymous sources that unicorns and budgies were the 2 closest ones to be doing / almost done.

5. Battle Pass - As I mentioned above, they're not going to release any information on it until they're sure what it's going to entail. We know that Roughraptors and team worked on this long before the acquisition and while they had their own plans for it, it was already changed from when Gamigo took over. This has been confirmed, but we don't know what changes they plan on doing and once they're sure of it, then they'll likely start teasing it with new information.

If you release information too early, people get their hopes up and make assumptions and or take it as gospel that the thing you talked about is for sure coming on the estimated time frame you gave and in the exact same way that you first described it and not considering that plans and things in general can change at any given moment. We all want more information on what's going on with roadmaps and content, but I think most of us have expected that we won't see it until they're ready on their end.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    They told us from the very start that the first half of 2019 was like going to be smaller QoL projects while they lay out a long term plan to go forward with.

1. Carnival - There are/were new items being worked on, but it looks like they didn't quite make the cut. Mainly due to new artists being hired and still learning the tools.

3. Calendar Rework - It was confirmed through Avathar that this would be pushed out once the new dungeon made it to live.
    Let me guess.... All of this information is given on Discord? I can't find it in the dev tracker. Which leads me to the point the OP already made:

Quote Originally Posted by Starfox View Post
    To be fair, I am somewhat casual. I do not sit in the Discord, or play on the PTS. But still, It's very frustrating when it feels like a secret update is taking place, and I have no idea what is in it.
    Discord is not the place to use for stuff like this. The official website and the official forums should be used to spread information, as that is where most players come, compared to third party sites and apps, like Discord. There have been numerous posts on the forums since the takeover stating that they would tell us something, so it is only logical to assume that they will tell us something on the forums. If we have to join Discord or Twitch or CNN to find out what's going on with Rift, then that's just with a big dose of

Honestly they don't need to put out a news post until the content is actually ready and coming out.

But in the meantime is months of feeling like nothing is happening, sure.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Hi hi!

I understand what you mean with your first point regarding the Battle Pass, the other points though I do not understand. Can you elaborate on what you mean by those?
    There has been some improvement since Rift Prime closure was announced on forums the 11th but blog post didn't appear until the 14th so all emails could be pinged.

The two contests put forward by the office were not on the blog but the Discord one is.

Thank you.

However it creates uncertainty as to why this team didn't issue news on the blog then forums for Rift Prime closure (as an example) - it simply would not happen in ArcheAge/Trove like this encouraging concern of who is over seeing this team & why is this occurring?

The mount sale is not on the blog as another example yet on Trove & ArcheAge blog all sales appear. Putting it bluntly the ball is continuing to be dropped for Rift and I'm honestly unsure how any business can feel ok not introducing themselves after 5 months. It is rude.

I've seen Marko set up Livestreams, a Christmas message from the ArcheAge team, a picture of 5 girls for Trove team (would be great to know whose who) as well as Dev events in game/on PTS - but this loud silence over here.

Are the team waiting until after Rift Prime closes to become more transparent/interactive?

How do customers feel good about supporting Rift if we don't know the people behind it and it doesn't feel like they want to know us OR have little interest in providing consistent information/news via the proper channels?

Why do such discrepancies even exist between games for the same company? I'm too afraid to look closer at Atlas Reactor/Defiance I need my hair to NOT turn grey any faster than it already is....

Zyra, please save my hair
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-30-2019 at 08:18 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Is that a translation issue
    Yes, it was. Hence me asking for elaboration. I'm sorry.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

The two contests put forward by the office were not on the blog but the Discord one is.
    However it creates uncertainty as to why this team didn't issue news on the blog then forums for Rift Prime closure (as an example) - it simply would not happen in ArcheAge/Trove like this encouraging concern of who is over seeing this team & why is this occurring?
    The mount sale is not on the blog as another example yet on Trove & ArcheAge blog all sales appear.
    Regarding this I can tell you the following: blogs were mainly done by Fasti, as he is the one most familiar with all the tools. However, he did the blogs for every game (except for AA I think), which can be time consuming. Concerning Liluri and me - we now feel more comfortable with doing them and will do so. We appreciate your feedback regarding this and will certainly take notes. Thank you!

Putting it bluntly the ball is continuing to be dropped for Rift and I'm honestly unsure how any business can feel ok not introducing themselves after 5 months. It is rude.
    I'm not quite sure I understand this one. What do you mean with introducing and what do you suggest we should do/should have done? (Again, just in case, not trying to be ignorant, I just don't understand what you mean.)

I've seen Marko set up Livestreams, a Christmas message from the ArcheAge team, a picture of 5 girls for Trove team (would be great to know whose who) as well as Dev events in game/on PTS - but this loud silence over here.
    To be fair, there is some internal stuff I cannot tell you regarding all of those points. Liluri and me are aiming for streams, though you have to consider we have never done that before and want to make sure we will be comfortable in doing so (and have approval of course, though I don't think that will be an issue).

Short fun fact: Liluri can be seen in that Trove post. Please keep in mind though, that it should be up to everyone for themselves if they show their face or not. (I, for example, didn't feel comfortable being in the Trove picture, so I was the one taking it.)

How do customers feel good about supporting Rift if we don't know the people behind it and it doesn't feel like they want to know us OR have little interest in providing consistent information/news via the proper channels?
    We really do want to get to know you. What do you suggest would make you feel this way, too? Streams, as you already suggested or something else as well?

We certainly did not and do not aim to turn your hair grey and I'm/we are sorry that you feel this way.

It would be good to know how many devs rift has .
    Are there plans for new content like new zones,raids etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    It would be good to know how many devs rift has .
    Are there plans for new content like new zones,raids etc ?

3 Devs working for rift.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Concerning Liluri and me - we now feel more comfortable with doing them and will do so.
    I believe many people will be looking forward to that. Sooner rather than later!

I'm not quite sure I understand this one. What do you mean with introducing and what do you suggest we should do/should have done?
    We have no clue how many actual developers are on board since the take-over. How much content can be produced depends on that. If you only have 2 people then you're very limited in what you can do and how fast you can do it. If you have 200 then things are obviously going to be easier and get done faster. Introducing yourself is not just personally saying "Hi, my name is Ambrodel, I like playing Rift", it's also about introducing the company to the players. A blog stating "Hi, we're Gamigo, we bought this game and we're going to do stuff with it. Here's what you can look forward to happening in 2019, but remember plans might change".

We really do want to get to know you. What do you suggest would make you feel this way, too? Streams, as you already suggested or something else as well?
    I'm going to comment on the last bit of what Kiwi wrote. "Little interest in providing information". Well, you could do as was promised in the early days. Provide information about what is coming. What is happening. Before it happens. Many posts claim you will give information, we just have to be patient. No information. Some of the official posts have gone unanswered in months, like these three:
    5 months with no real news
    More news will be coming down the road so please bear with us a while longer.
    4 months without showing anything
    We couldnít have asked for a better community of players and we canít wait to show you what the year 2019 has in store for RIFT!
    3 months with no questions answered
    Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    If you have additional topics and questions you would like to receive an update on, feel free to post it below

Let me finish this with a simple thing that the very first Gamigo CM posted shortly after the company took over. The highlighted items is where you need to improve. Gamigo is currently working in the exact opposite way of what Anne stated they would.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.

We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.

We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are, so please feel free to raise your concerns and suggestions, we will do our best to make this community stronger than ever!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Regarding this I can tell you the following: blogs were mainly done by Fasti, as he is the one most familiar with all the tools. However, he did the blogs for every game (except for AA I think), which can be time consuming. Concerning Liluri and me - we now feel more comfortable with doing them and will do so. We appreciate your feedback regarding this and will certainly take notes. Thank you!
    Give Fasti a raise! I get y'all are training but is there not someone like Anne Bonny making sure there is some consistency across the board?

I'm not quite sure I understand this one. What do you mean with introducing and what do you suggest we should do/should have done? (Again, just in case, not trying to be ignorant, I just don't understand what you mean.)
    Who is developing Rift? Who is running the NA office? Who is running the EU office? Who is running both? Who are the entire team? (etc)

To be fair, there is some internal stuff I cannot tell you regarding all of those points. Liluri and me are aiming for streams, though you have to consider we have never done that before and want to make sure we will be comfortable in doing so (and have approval of course, though I don't think that will be an issue).
    Nice to hear. It is understandable that some folks might be camera shy but I would hope in 2019 that anyone considering a gaming community management role would know that customers are very visual especially with the way content creation has evolved, as well as marketing for games. All the best learning the ropes on this!

Short fun fact: Liluri can be seen in that Trove post. Please keep in mind though, that it should be up to everyone for themselves if they show their face or not. (I, for example, didn't feel comfortable being in the Trove picture, so I was the one taking it.)
    See Above

Thanks for asking. Some suggestions alongside your own plans:

- Blog posts introducing the developers for Rift. Blog posts/streams of a Gamigo office tour and the new office NA side. Who is leading the Rift team?

- Are new team members enjoying Rift? Blog Posts on things you've enjoyed?

- Do y'all read past blog posts etc to see what we've been use to?

None of these things really involve development but of course that is always the most pressing thing on everyone's minds. I am super curious how the office/development and gaming culture is on your side of the globe for our game that's been NA central all these years.I cannot imagine how difficult this acquisition has been for what seems a fairly young/fresh team.

Basically we need your thoughts of the game today & what you would like to see moving forward as a culture not just a game. Not just you and Liluri - everyone who plays Rift or works on it in all three offices..

We certainly did not and do not aim to turn your hair grey and I'm/we are sorry that you feel this way.
    This is going to be a little long winded to try and give you the best analogy I can for context:

We have had such a personable exchange with staff on the game we have loved for 8 years + I personally don't expect you to do everything like them - that would be impossible and also came with its own blurry lines of questionable professionalism. The grey hair I refer to was partially a joke yet also reality because this acquisition has been like having a child but someone adopts it out on you & you aren't sure whose now caring for them.

The challenge is that we were dealing with this sense of loss/neglect/confusion before the acquisition as the wheels began falling off Rift a long time ago. I think the community are doing really well not blaming you (the current developers) for that however we still have blindfolds on and just want to see if the people who have our baby now really care for it.

Lastly: another challenge is there were some essential members on the Rift team and it is worrying how this game will survive/evolve without them I am referring to Dead Simon and CaptainCursor, there may also beothers but they were the lore and the shiny life - the soul of this game. Lore was something they orchestrated together via artifacts and all sorts of mischief how is Gamigo rising to that level of RPG depth? Will you try?

Thanks for your time and know that even in these learning times for everyone we really hope you all come to love Telara as we have and want to continue to because if you do enjoy it the chances things will be ok will increase.

Please let us know at any time if you want our help to make this happen. Don't be afraid to log into servers and say hello and any translations with our communications needed please never feel afraid to ask.

Cheers.
    K

Edit: What Ambrodel said also. This was sitting on my screen since last night - read what they said after sending.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-31-2019 at 11:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast