+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we please improve on communication?

Plane Touched

Personally I don't understand the demand to know exactly WHO is doing what. And I fully understand their desire to retain some form of anonymity. People from the last company that made themselves public had problems with being doxxed, getting death threats and even threats against their families. All because of a video game.

I also understand and advocate for an open flow of information about the games development and future.

But y'all gotta chill with some of this demand for personal info. It's getting to be a little creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    Personally I don't understand the demand to know exactly WHO is doing what. And I fully understand their desire to retain some form of anonymity.
    Personal information is a no-no for me too. There is absolutely no need for that. But knowing who does what helps a lot with understanding the process behind the scenes.

BMX
    Rift Master

Personal info is irrelevant... We don't need a DNA sample, hair sample and retina scan of every Gamigo employee...

Zyra,

I think a flow of communication from Gamigo along with a proper intro would be very well received by the community. Is there a plan in the works for Rift? Keeping info flowing here in the Rift forum is necessary and streams being available for the groupies is a good approach to staying in contact with the community although, hiding it away in discords and streams without transcription to the Rift forum is rather alienating to many.

Yus, it would be nice to hear of the future offerings that would be above and beyond the festival and mount/dimension collectables. Genuine content is required along with fluff to entice the community.

Frankly, a bona fide development team should be front burner as soon as a game plan is sorted. This requires effort and investment, yus however zero investment returns bills as opposed to revenue and profit.

AAA is the goal, ammiright?
    Banned

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Personal info?

I have never invested more than 100 hours in anything and not known who is making what I am investing my time and money. The question in a few months becomes will I continue my sub, as Prime closes for many it will be a consideration now. No one is asking for DNA, fingerprints or home address its called business etiquette in the entertainment industry.

As well as whose doing what of course I want to know because it helps knowing how dimensions are going to run will they continue being mainly items in game or will they be new art assets (as an example there are many more.) What is the team going to be capable of? If you don't want to know that I really don't know why one would even bother being on forums tbh.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-31-2019 at 06:06 PM.

For me, communication is imperative. I had never heard of Gamigo before and as I have yet to see what they want with Rift, my Patron is in off-mode.

Let us know what you plan to do with this game, I for one will be happy to start up my patron again IF I know you are investing in this. The promises of information are not holding up anymore, you need to actually provide information as well....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Personal info?

I have never invested more than 100 hours in anything and not known who is making what I am investing my time and money. The question in a few months becomes will I continue my sub, as Prime closes for many it will be a consideration now. No one is asking for DNA, fingerprints or home address its called business etiquette in the entertainment industry.

As well as whose doing what of course I want to know because it helps knowing how dimensions are going to run will they continue being mainly items in game or will they be new art assets (as an example there are many more.) What is the team going to be capable of? If you don't want to know that I really don't know why one would even bother being on forums tbh.
    I would love to hear a rational explanation of how knowing the name of who is working on dimensions in any way tells you where the future of dimensions is going.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    I would love to hear a rational explanation of how knowing the name of who is working on dimensions in any way tells you where the future of dimensions is going.
    Knowing the name? How about just knowing? They have already asked what we would like & this is my response

Question?: Are dimension items still tied to only being items in game? Thanks to Salvatrix & the old team in the last couple of years we had items introduced that were not in game but implanted via seasonal events. Is this how keys & items for dimensions will continue?

Question?: Who is taking care of Dimension items?
    I asked because its been helpful to know whoever is working on it and their extent of knowledge/process they are sticking to so we can give them the right suggestions when Devs ask otherwise us dimensioneers will race off and ask for a million things that just aren't even possible wasting everyone's time.

I ask for intro's so they know folks are interested in them and their time in Rift, hoping it gives confidence. It's been a weird few months, need to shake the funk and just get stuff done.

Is that rational enough?

If it isn't, no problem we can just agree to disagree on what we think might improve communication which is what this thread is about and keep moving forward. Cheers.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-01-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Rift Master

One of the things I would like to see is a definitive statement by Gamigo that they have plans for the game to keep it going and improve it. I presume you're not spending all that money on the purchase of Trion's games, and then just let Rift go under?

I don't do Discord (don't even know what it is), and like to get my information from this website. Don't know how others feel about that, but that seems to be the likely place to use to keep us up-to-date.

However, after playing WoW for 14 years, and seeing the abuse Blizzard has gotten with early release of information in both WoW and D3 (which had to be pulled back/changed later for many reasons), I'm not surprised that Gamigo is keeping a tight lid on information.

I'll play more if I knew what we're looking at long-term, but I'm not doing that on the little bit of information that's now available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hi hi!

I understand what you mean with your first point regarding the Battle Pass, the other points though I do not understand. Can you elaborate on what you mean by those?
    Hey Zyra,

Sorry for the late reply. I believe I received an email from you guys with what 4.8 will look like, however I was not able to find that information on the site anywhere. By the way, the email was very well done. I also greatly appreciate you taking the time to engage on this post. I think if you guys improve on the communication, and continue doing the updates, we could see some real progress.Since I got you here, I want to recommend a new expansion to clear the slate and start over if and when you guys have the manpower and familiarity with the Rift software for that to happen. Thanks very much for the replies, I greatly appreciate it!

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Personal info?

An in game handle is all the team should divulge unless at their discretion want to divulge more.
    We had Rough Raptors, Tacitus etc. which is fine, Brasse AKA Linda Carlson chose to divulge more. So, there we have it. It's akin to stage names used by many celebs, so be it.

Would be nice if some of the team would show their support along with our CM's, needless to say.
    Banned

Hi. I don't really care either who's doing what. My main concern with the turnover was what would happen to crossevents chat. We know how bad the trolling can sometimes be, historically speaking. But so far no unavoidable trouble there and I am not a great user of IGNORE either. So...

Actually I have been feeling vaguely optimistic. Closing Prime seems a positive. It just hurt Live in my view. But primarily I base this sense on the number of lower players (sub 70 I mean) out and about. It is a majority in the places I frequent. Or at least seems like it. I'm sure something might come out of this.

I do think crafting needs some attention. Right now there are still only planar crafted for headgear (4) and ranged weapons (again 4). There are runes for 3 or 4 spots. Why not more of each. And while mentioning runes the olden days was better when a rune was just a rune. If you had a low rune that gave like 10 endurance you could still use it. I mean you can only use one right. It made sense.

I wouldn't even mind bringing back Conquest. (the Conquest King will be surprised) But if people want it go for it. I even liked it when there was CQ power and lots of people played. For example I kept 2 alts maxxed. After that it became more problematic, balance wise, real or imaged. I am envisioning a three faction Conquest like at Port Scion though. How cool would that be, 3 faction fights in the church! Anyways, something to think about maybe.

I just wanta blame sorry now for coining the phase, <Gamigo Amigos> We Don't Bullsh*t You Around. It's apt. I'm Sorry!!

Ciao, out.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    An in game handle is all the team should divulge unless at their discretion want to divulge more.
    We had Rough Raptors, Tacitus etc. which is fine, Brasse AKA Linda Carlson chose to divulge more. So, there we have it. It's akin to stage names used by many celebs, so be it.

Would be nice if some of the team would show their support along with our CM's, needless to say.
    Indeed. I went back to see where anyone said they needed real names etc yesterday & couldn't find it. That being said Salvatrix, RR & others were introduced with full names via articles, their names are on their social media/LinkedIn etc also. I've never seen a studio lead not introduced fully, which I'm curious about most. Maybe these things just aren't settled yet which is also another big reason for asking for intro's?

Sidenote: Fasti has left the team leaving iArches on ArcheAge (Edit & Morgana) on the NA side of the community team currently.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-02-2019 at 04:52 PM.

You know, improving communication would include things like "not advertising a service that's no longer offered on the front page of the website."

You probably want to take down the Rift Prime stuff.

Default I think you guys always stress the devs s little bit too much

Just keep it on the down low a little bit more?

You know the game, do you think they will make groundbreaking changes with 3 devs?

They still dont even have put down all the prime stuff ...

I think the devs/gamigo just need more T I M E

They also will have to think about revenue now that the prime subs run out!
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood in Hello Kitty
    Orgone Maydayy Tailgrab Torusterritory all @ brutwacht in Gilgamesh
    my music: https://www.numberonemusic.com/artist941 https://whussup.net:333/?q=release/timelines

RIFT Fan Site Operator

"More time" is the fuel Telarians run on heh agree now Prime is closed everyone can breathe a little. Battlepass feedback seeking is rolling out etc

Though a few things being suggested in this thread have nothing to do with development BUT time will indeed tell.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-04-2019 at 06:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast