+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: The Rift Revamp

Default The Rift Revamp

It's no secret that for Rift to have a future it needs to be profitable and the only way for THAT to happen is to completely overhaul and revamp Rift from the ground up. MAJOR changes to the game NEED to be made. I have my ideas for NEEDS to be done. Here are a few:

Delete Storm Legion, Nightmare Tide and Starfall Prophecy in their entirety. These were ALL failed expansions that jarringly deviated from the foundation that was laid out in the original Rift - light on content, HEAVY on grind.

Delete Primalist and the most recent souls.

Reset ALL souls back to the way they were in patch 1.7 so that we can run effective hybrid builds again.

Add a monthly stipend of 1000 or so credits with Patron.

Add a currency/ feature that allows players to reset daily, weekly and event content.

Completely remove weekly instance lockouts and replace with weekly boss loot locks that can be reset with the aforementioned currency/ feature that allows players to reset daily, weekly and event content.

Either completely remove ALL crafting professions OR make crafting relevant to endgame by adding recipes that craft endgame level gear. ALL slots.

Rebalance LFG to allow groups without tanks and healers.

Simplify/ consolidate currencies. There are WAY too many different currencies in Rift.

Allow dimension items to be salvaged/ broken into useful crafting items.

Completely remove ALL lockboxes from Rift forever.

Lower the price of REX by $2.50 in the store. This should increase the availability of REX in game which should drive down the plat price.

Bring back PvP rifts and PvP dailies like the ones that were in IPP. Maybe add a pop up warning asking the player if they REALLY understand that their action will flag them for PvP making them vulnerable to open world PvP actions and then give them an instant out that gives them a one or two hour deserter debuff preventing them from engaging in any PvP activity for the duration. A debuff that can be reset with the aforementioned currency/ feature that allows players to reset daily, weekly and event content.

I have more but I'd like to read what changes you think Rift NEEDS to make to have a profitable future.

So, what changes would you make to Rift?
    Last edited by Arthritis; 03-23-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'd like less wishful thinking on our end & more input from the Dev end, more interaction & an introduction of the visual not just verbal kind.

Soulwalker

I'd really like it if I could buy a character from another player maybe pick up an alt that someone else got bored with and don't play no more. I'd pay real money for that.

so your idea is to delete live, make prime the new live server and move forward? thats got to be one of the stupidest thing i ever read here ... if you were going delete 3/4 of the current content then what was the purpose of buying the game from troin? i can see making changes here and there or re-balance and/or change soul trees but not deleting 3/4 of the content. that's as bad as the idea that gamigo bought the game for millions just to shut it down permanently ...

this thread is nonconstructive
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

expect nothing so its a dead game my friend.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Rift Disciple

you win the stupid idea award, for 7 years in a row. grats

The main issue is with too much older content being useless at current level. Enhance the mentor system to something along the lines of Guild Wars 2 and add in weekly quests to clear old raids via LFR, maybe the old weekly outdoor raids too, and this game could see a revival.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Champion

make rift great again :P

Telaran

your brain has arthiritis if you think any of that tripe was a good idea.

How about YOU delete your account and **** off into playing cards and the rest of us can enjoy Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Mozer View Post
    ...buy a character from another player...
    I like the sound of this idea but how would it work? Put toons you don't want on a serverwide Auction House? What about Account Bound items that toon has collected - do those get sold, too? I like it and think it's worth exploring but I think it might be too complicated to enact.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    ...delete 3/4 of the current content...
    You obviously read a different thread and have no idea how to quantify what "content" is. Please point out where I made any mention of deleting Live and replacing it with Prime. Also, deleting the expansions would at most delete half of ALL current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    ...something along the lines of Guild Wars 2...
    Ew. Really? Um,...okay. I guess I could get on board with a variation of this. I definitely support looking in to this further. I do like the idea of making ALL content relevant for ALL players regardless of level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatacid View Post
    you win the stupid idea award, for 7 years in a row. grats
    Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    ...How about YOU delete your account and **** off into playing cards and the rest of us can enjoy Rift
    Since you chose to attack me instead of my ideas I can conclude that you could find no fault in any of them and you agree that they are sound and reasonable improvements that NEED to be made for Rift to have a long and profitable future. I thank you both for your votes of support.

For old times sake -
    Last edited by Arthritis; 03-24-2019 at 02:22 AM.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Ascendant

Rift did not suffer mostly from bad xpacs, the worst damage was done through inane monetization schemes, pure neglection, and arrogance.

What this game needs is an owner who cares, new content, and a monetization scheme that works. I don't know if Rift can be saved this way, seeing how most players were driven away by Trion, and how the word about Rift's downfall was spread. But throwing away all the work Trion has put into the game over the last years, and releasing a classic server (again), this time making it the only available server, is outright nonsense.

Plane Walker

This is like telling Microsoft that they NEED to delete all versions of Windows newer than 3.1, port 3.1 to PalmOS, and make the default language Finnish if they want a profitable future.

There's a good point about monitization sches being bad.

I'm still of the mindset that encouraging subs would be a step in the right direction.

A few ways to encourage this that come to mind would be...

1. If premium items are going to be the way forward with BiS runes then a small credit stipend per month for patrons would be a good idea. 500 or so per month.

2. Make some new or revamp some old Chronicles that are patron only where new wardrobes can be dropped and premium mounts gained for achievements.

3. Add group summons as a patron benefit.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    Please point out where I made any mention of deleting Live and replacing it with Prime. Also, deleting the expansions would at most delete half of ALL current content.

you said here,

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    Delete Storm Legion, Nightmare Tide and Starfall Prophecy in their entirety. These were ALL failed expansions that jarringly deviated from the foundation that was laid out in the original Rift - light on content, HEAVY on grind.

Delete Primalist and the most recent souls.

Reset ALL souls back to the way they were in patch 1.7 so that we can run effective hybrid builds again.
    without pulling out graphing charts to show how how many hours it takes to do what area of the map, the map basically divided into 4 sections silverwood/meridian section (mathosain?), storm legion, nightmare tide, and allitu. you said delete last three sections in there entirety and souls. looking at the map and not going by how many hours it takes someone to do things because we play at different rates of time, this IS 3/4 of the rift content. this is what prime is now exept for the fact that storm was added afterwards which i kinda forgot about when replying but even then that would mean that the current prime would have more content than what you originally suggested. so basicly your saying in a nutshell, delete live instead of prime and go from there but even then you would have to delete SL from prime. no your right you did not say replace prime with live, I'm saying it cuz thats exactly what your suggesting and then some. i mean I'm all for making some changes in the game. especially those that tries to use old content and raids in events or weekly activities as suggested by Skiye, as i thought the same several times almost certain touched on something similar in past threads somewhere. but to simply delete 3/4 of the area without using it some how in game is just dumb. personally i kinda like SL i just don't spend a lot of time there or in nightmare cuz the game don't give you a reason to unless your a completionist ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Rift did not suffer mostly from bad xpacs, the worst damage was done through inane monetization schemes, pure neglection, and arrogance.

What this game needs is an owner who cares, new content, and a monetization scheme that works. I don't know if Rift can be saved this way, seeing how most players were driven away by Trion, and how the word about Rift's downfall was spread. But throwing away all the work Trion has put into the game over the last years, and releasing a classic server (again), this time making it the only available server, is outright nonsense.
    I completely agree on the second part. Gamigo is stacking up as more of the same. And they are slow to getting things turned in any direction. Some are displeased now with the possibility of runes being added on gear. Not smart whoever came up with this one. Is it a precursor to removing runecrafting? Gamigo seems like Trion. A company barely making it with little talent staffed and their funding is just getting by. Which means less time and resource for creating quality and also making things appealing to playerbase. And also means more horrid monetizations practices just to stay afloat. Glad I'm only visiting for right now, passing through.
    Last edited by Sails; 03-25-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    10.7.19 *Out of the daze. Into something new.* - Rift is too far gone.-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast