+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Runes: Currently P2W

Default New Runes: Currently P2W

So when a few of us started testing the new dungeon, we were told that new runes were going to be made available, but they would be on the gear. You would have to use rune unsocketers in order to take them off of that gear and put it on whatever gear you're currently wearing. We immediately stated that it would not sit well with anyone: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5372867

The dev team was in agreement and there were discussions to either make them into individual drops and or turn them into rare drop recipes. It seems that the decision (likely on Gamigo's end) made to keep them as is which brings me to this thread. I messaged the CMs directly about this and they will be taking the issue to whoever is in charge on their end. I suggested to either make them drops like we originally suggested or at the very least make the unsocketers available for in game currency so that people can at least earn them. As it currently stands, you only get them 1 unsocketer once a month and outside of them you will have to buy them for credits.

I would strongly suggest that if you also don't agree with this decision and or have any other suggestions in regard to it then be sure to voice them here as that's likely going to be the only way to see it changed.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

I wholeheartedly agree with Holyroller here - this delicate topic was already discussed for weeks in the PTS thread and I cannot understand how this decision could have been made.

When gamigo took over Trion, they announced in interviews:

Quote Originally Posted by gamigo
    “We’ll do that by evaluating our business models and phasing out some of the older, aggressive micro-transactions along with reducing the reliance on lockboxes. Instead, we’ll focus on selling the service and optional objective rewards through modern, hybridized models.”
    How is this not an aggressive micro-transaction, if you need to buy premium items every time you want a BiS rune for your gear?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I, too, must voice my disagreement with this concept.

To begin though, I do appreciate the idea that you can get a new tier of runes through the newer content. These are clearly excellent chase items to keep farming through featured dungeons.

That being said, one of the founding Free to Play principles of Rift was always the fact that "Best in Slot" anything would never be made available for credits, you would always have to play to get it. While indirect, this is precisely that.

You must now pay the equivalent of $1 if you have not stockpiled rune unsocketers over many months in order to utilize these runes on any better gear you may have.

My suggest would be to either make Rune unsocketers available via in-game currency, or make the recipes for these runes available in-game so they can be crafted and therefore available through gameplay. I'm sure there may be other ways to even this out.
    Last edited by Clowd; 03-21-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

I also agree that this should be true. When we were testing Enclave this was the first thing we gave intense vocal feedback on and got an agreeing response that the runes should either drop in their own or the recipe should drop. I personally think it should be recipes to add further use to Runecrafter.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

I hope that they just didn't have the time to fix it this week

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    I hope that they just didn't have the time to fix it this week
    No, this was not about making it in time. This was an intentional decision on Gamigo's end from the sound of it. Dev team and CMs agreed with the points I made, but it's ultimately not up to them.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-21-2019 at 11:44 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

It is certainly a big departure from how loot is distributed in the past. Recipe drops has been the gold standard for Rune drops.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

This makes me fairly upset to read they were released this way after our concern with them was voiced. As I haven't been on yet can anyone tell if they split the one-handed and two-handed weapon runes or not? On the PTS they were the same runes for both. If not that's another major problem with these runes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimui View Post
    Two-handed runes need to be their own separate runes with double the stats of the one-handed version otherwise you're short-handing mages, clerics, and primalists while warriors and rogues get an unfair stat advantage from them.

Yeah in light of this I am not renewing my patron and will not spend another dime on game until they take this bs out, I have said time and time again that I will drop cash on fluff and cosmetic but when gear packs and upgrades are cash locked that is pay to win and this game will suddenly end to a lack of players over it, and

they went and bubbled this reality with the launch of Carnival which will make it seem as though no one will protest this because they are all on participating in the event

they have us distracted PLing toons on Prime for 1 mil loyalty and insta 65 packs

Gamigo's true P2W colors are showing true if this goes on unchanged
    Last edited by Challengere; 03-21-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Ascendant

Please do this Gamigo.

I am going with the whiteknights on this, totally add this so we core players that truly care about you and this game could support you with some hard warm cash or credit every time we upgrade a piece of gear.

you must be one of my haters trying to troll forums since I actually agreed with how ALL players feel about this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    you must be one of my haters
    Not everything is about you and not everyone is out to get you. Please keep your paranoia to Real Life and leave it at the door when you enter your Cyber Life.

On topic, this is just another example of Gamigo having their own agenda and not giving a flying FCK about what the existing playerbase actually wants. I am in no way surprised, but do sign me up on the list of people saying DO NOT DO THIS!

Soulwalker

Default Are you 100% sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    So when a few of us started testing the new dungeon, we were told that new runes were going to be made available, but they would be on the gear. You would have to use rune unsocketers in order to take them off of that gear and put it on whatever gear you're currently wearing. We immediately stated that it would not sit well with anyone: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5372867

The dev team was in agreement and there were discussions to either make them into individual drops and or turn them into rare drop recipes. It seems that the decision (likely on Gamigo's end) made to keep them as is which brings me to this thread. I messaged the CMs directly about this and they will be taking the issue to whoever is in charge on their end. I suggested to either make them drops like we originally suggested or at the very least make the unsocketers available for in-game currency so that people can at least earn them. As it currently stands, you only get them 1 unsocketer once a month and outside of them you will have to buy them for credits.

I would strongly suggest that if you also don't agree with this decision and or have any other suggestions in regard to it then be sure to voice them here as that's likely going to be the only way to see it changed.
    Ran the ex[ert 3 times today on the third a guild mate of mine for a rune drop and it wasn't attached to any gear 414AP one. So sm wondering if you are 100% sure that this is the case. Maybe they released unsocketed ones too at the same time, it's been less than 24hours since patch after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomsiege View Post
    Ran the ex[ert 3 times today on the third a guild mate of mine for a rune drop and it wasn't attached to any gear 414AP one. So sm wondering if you are 100% sure that this is the case. Maybe they released unsocketed ones too at the same time, it's been less than 24hours since patch after all.
    It was confirmed by Avathar and CMs that they would be dropping on the gear. I ran it as well today and they had to be removed from gear. I haven't heard of anyone else getting them as drops or maybe they changed it between earlier today and now (as of this post). They can however be traded once removed from the gear.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-21-2019 at 06:55 PM.

RIP Runecrafter 22/03/19
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast