+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime Dungeon and Raid mount pool shifting to live

Default Prime Dungeon and Raid mount pool shifting to live

With Prime going out in a couple weeks, can we see the Dungeon loot pool (cosmetic bundles, companions, and mounts) as well as the Raid fluff items added into their current loot pools like Dark Levitation and Regulos Broodling? This would let us live players get the mounts from Prime, allow EU to enjoy the fluff overall, and add incentive to even do these old raids outside of achievement groups. Any feedback is appreciated!

Another sidenote; what about the mounts that still remain unreleased? Can we get those thrown into the current content raids? Like reskinned armored dragons or the purple mad max snail, or hell, throw Mecha Crucia into Tyrant's Forge or Bastion of Steel even. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Madarablackgetsuga; 03-14-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: editted sidenote
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

As a leader of classic raid achievement runs i very much would like to see the mounts, pets, wardrobe bundles, and bag drops from prime moved over to live. Like Maddy said it would breath a whole lot of much needed life into the classic content of Rift and would make old raids not only about achievements but would add rewards that would be useful in current content as well, who doesn't love a shiny new mount or a 32 slot bag?

I'd like to see those old raids added WITH PROPER MENTORING into the LFR tool. If you then queue via LFR, the cosmetic/mount drops are enabled.

Adding mount drops and cosmetics to raids which you can solo nowadays is quite pointless, either make the raids interesting for groups (with some decent challenge) -OR- add them in another (non pointless) way -OR- sell them for cash in the RIFT store.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

yes add fluff to all the old raids

I think it would be nicer to add a special fluff currency to all old bosses, droping in various amounts from every boss..
    something like..
    1 fluff point for killing each boss in a level 50 expert
    3 fluff points for bosses in level 50 raids
    2 fluff points for killing each boss in a level 60 expert
    5 fluff points for bosses in level 60 raids
    3 fluff points for killing each boss in a level 65 expert
    7 fluff points for bosses in level 65 raids

then you can triple the fluff points if you kill the bosses while the whole raid is mentored (or as sesh/volt says above, if the group queues in through an LFR system and gets auto mentored.

then add a fluff store that takes these fluff points and sells all the cosmetics, mounts, pets, wardrobe etc.
    prices ranging from 300-5000 fluff points.
    when new stuff is added to the store, reduce the price of the older stuff.

random drops from bosses is such an old system.. better to use currency so people can get small amount towards their bigger goal and dont come away raid after raid feeling disappointed.. that feeling is not enjoyable.
    Last edited by caduto; 03-14-2019 at 12:23 PM.

I would also love to see this.

Since the assets are already developed, why let them go to waste?
    ~ Hana ~ Thorn ~ Mirceliade ~ Zondria ~ Amatsoni ~
    <Mythical Creatures>
    @Laethys @Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I'd like to see those old raids added WITH PROPER MENTORING into the LFR tool. If you then queue via LFR, the cosmetic/mount drops are enabled.
    That'd be fun.

Run some 'proper' old raids (or at least some semblance of auto-mentoring to intended challenge level range of raid) for folks to pick up some cosmetics/mounts, 'cheevies, with decent LFR rewards and solid XP to boot.

It sure would add some variety and range to that sparse LFR tool, and for more recent players, give them an interesting and 'realistic' experience in quality legacy raids worth playing.

Yeah, it wouldn't be perfect and you'd still have OP'd participants by virtue of gear etc., but it'd be neat to have a global LFR option to play several legacy raids as intended.

sell them for cash in the RIFT store.
    Love the idea, I get scolded everytime I suggest it so thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    That'd be fun.

Run some 'proper' old raids (or at least some semblance of auto-mentoring to intended challenge level range of raid) for folks to pick up some cosmetics/mounts, 'cheevies, with decent LFR rewards and solid XP to boot.

It sure would add some variety and range to that sparse LFR tool, and for more recent players, give them an interesting and 'realistic' experience in quality legacy raids worth playing.

Yeah, it wouldn't be perfect and you'd still have OP'd participants by virtue of gear etc., but it'd be neat to have a global LFR option to play several legacy raids as intended.
    and just think they could have just made new rewards for mentoring back to the original content and running it again for new players and achievements instead of Prime and Gamigo wouldn't have the opportunity to make the choice to do this that Trion SHOULD have made lol

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    That'd be fun.

I would like this too and the old devs did hint at that once Prime died, the LFR system there would integrate here, however they would need to make the LFR system compatible for 70 too. Right now if they were to just add the mounts to dungeons/raids until they get this sorted out and make LFR drop a different chase item or a chance at something better or an eternal armor. That said the old raids currently have near 0 incentive to even touch them outside of achieves and even then that's a strained reason

sell them for cash in the RIFT store.
    Oh god no, keep them out of the store, its the same principle to the Mecha Crucia Pack on Live. The Prime Players (and most live players) paid for these mounts too, so making them pay for it again just to have it on live is just stupid.
    Last edited by Madarablackgetsuga; 03-14-2019 at 10:26 PM.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Madarablackgetsuga View Post
    Oh god no, keep them out of the store, its the same principle to the Mecha Crucia Pack on Live. The Prime Players (and most live players) paid for these mounts too, so making them pay for it again just to have it on live is just stupid.
    Prime people keep their stuff on the characters on which they got those mounts etc., also they didn't pay for them as they were drops. I would prefer to have them added to interesting in game content rather than the shop of course, but if I had to decide between soloing boring, old, untuned raids every week for a chance or just buy them in the store, I'd prefer the latter. If they make proper LFR versions of the raid which are fun to group up for I think it would be cool tho, but not with adding cool stuff to boring, easy old content. Just doesn't fit for me.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Adding mount drops and cosmetics to raids which you can solo nowadays is quite pointless, either make the raids interesting for groups (with some decent challenge) -OR- add them in another (non pointless) way -OR- sell them for cash in the RIFT store.
    Prime people keep their stuff on the characters on which they got those mounts etc., also they didn't pay for them as they were drops. I would prefer to have them added to interesting in game content rather than the shop of course, but if I had to decide between soloing boring, old, untuned raids every week for a chance or just buy them in the store, I'd prefer the latter. If they make proper LFR versions of the raid which are fun to group up for I think it would be cool tho, but not with adding cool stuff to boring, easy old content. Just doesn't fit for me.
    They still paid the sub to then have it transferred to a live shard, NA only, and those mounts are Soulbound at that. But yeah if they were to put it into an LFR system that'll be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Madarablackgetsuga View Post
    They still paid the sub to then have it transferred to a live shard, NA only, and those mounts are Soulbound at that. But yeah if they were to put it into an LFR system that'll be cool too.
    To be fair, lots of us/people in general had existing and current subs for years and don't get mounts for free (until they added the monthly box) so I personally don't see that as a valid argument.

I'm also of the opinion that they should just be added to the existing raid drops and give them a decent %chance to drop so people can go form them on their own or some friends if they chose to. It gives people something to do and they won't really be forced into grouping up for it just to do it. Proper mentored raids (similar to WoW's timewalking) with fluff rewards would be nice, but I don't see that realistically happening anytime soon. I would personally much rather see mounts and other fluff rewards be added too more raids in the future that are specifically tied to achievements instead of drops. This gives people something to aim for once the raid is on farm and they have all of the gear they need. It will also give people something to go back to later on when those raids / the expansion they're in become obsolete. It just adds more longevity to old raids.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

I dont mind if the dungeon mounts from Prime are made available on the Live servers as a dungeon drops similiar to how we obtained them on Prime. Probably should only be available in the LFR feature. If they drop by walking in everyone will just solo the content till they get the drop. The prime cash only mounts like greyhound and crucia mount should be made available as cash shop or bundle on Live at some time. Perhaps sometime around the death of Prime would give Live players a chance to purchase them if they wish. Those 2 mounts were bundle mounts and never dropped from content that I know of. Thats my opinion as someone that is playing Live now after playing Prime for the year as a patron.

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Thats my opinion as someone that is playing Live now after playing Prime for the year as a patron.
    unfortunately they cannot change the loot table for lfr queue to walkin because they count as the same type of instance only differentiations would be EZ mode or LFR mode to NM or HM

and to the hater against letting them sell us mounts, wardrobe and other fluff items in the store whether they came from Prime or not, this is the best kind of items for them to get money for, they are not advantage gaining items that define pay to play,

in fact all the cash options for gear packs in the store need to be reduced to in game currency options only to take out the cash win scenario, the ONLY items that should be in the store for cash are mounts, cosmetics, pets and skins, DLC (which should now offer all the packs that have ever been offered as long as you still have them in the database for all the Prime players who never had a chance to get them for their mounts and 40 slot bags), Prize Tickets need to be offered to us by some means other than lockboxes as those seem to have phased out, services, boosts, dimensions and rift ZE lures.

you REALLY need to revamp the referral rewards shop that rewards players for ascending new friends into the game and spend cash to offer more content relevant items since that hasn't been updated since F2P more mounts, more wardrobe, more pets, dim items and either update lockboxes or remove it

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    To be fair, lots of us/people in general had existing and current subs for years and don't get mounts for free (until they added the monthly box) so I personally don't see that as a valid argument.

I'm also of the opinion that they should just be added to the existing raid drops and give them a decent %chance to drop so people can go form them on their own or some friends if they chose to. It gives people something to do and they won't really be forced into grouping up for it just to do it. Proper mentored raids (similar to WoW's timewalking) with fluff rewards would be nice, but I don't see that realistically happening anytime soon. I would personally much rather see mounts and other fluff rewards be added too more raids in the future that are specifically tied to achievements instead of drops. This gives people something to aim for once the raid is on farm and they have all of the gear they need. It will also give people something to go back to later on when those raids / the expansion they're in become obsolete. It just adds more longevity to old raids.
    This is also a fair point, i would love to see extra fluff added to achieves outside of titles. That said there is borderline 0 fluff that drops from raids and dungeons, i can only really think of 1 dungeon (Caduceus Rise) and 1 raid (Rise of the Phoenix/Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix) that drops pets, no mounts drop in any instance, and RotP drops specific wardrobes, Mind of Madness drops a bag but outside of that most of the fluff in raids are tied to achievements, why not also put some of the fluff from Prime (i.e the drops) into the loot pools, it would be quick, easy, and sets up for further implementations of LFR because that is no where close to ready to be used on Live in the way Prime used it. That said putting these mounts in the current pools (with Mecha Crucia being on the debate) would get people to do these old raids again and add some reason to do it, and then if and when they revitalize LFR they can put a different chase item in there plus level relevant rewards.

Soulwalker

We can all agree that we would enjoy a properly tuned LFR system for the old raids, however the LFR system on prime is so broken it would probably drive away many of the long time players if you were to implement the forced mentoring into running old dungeons just for fluff items. If the LFR were tuned properly then it would be a different story. We all would like new content but i think we can all agree that at the minimum it would be great if they just took the loot tables from prime, the 32 slot bags from dungeons, dark lev from RoS, ect, and just put them in their respective raids and dungeons so that you could grab a few friends and go back and enjoy the old content. Chase achievements, get some fun new mounts, pets, fluff items, and have some fun and have something to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast