• 1 Post By Andracleric
  • 3 Post By Linolea
  • 1 Post By Isp
  • 1 Post By RedViperOfDorne
  • 2 Post By Flashmemory

Thread: Is this game still active?

Soulwalker

Default Is this game still active?

Hello , i ve played this game for a year when it was released long ago but then i quit
    now i want to get back and i have some questions:

1- is is still active and crowded?
    2- which EU shard should i play on ? ( needs to be crowded )
    3- what's patreon and what does it give? since the game is free anyway

Thanks in advance

Rift Disciple

Hey and sort of welcome back.

1. Active, yes. Crowded, no. Far from it. There's ENOUGH players to do everything, just no enough to call it a crowded game. It looks like that because everyone gets put on the most active shard when they log in, regardless of which shard the character is really on, but it's not.
    2. Due to the above, pick whichever you like.
    3. There's plenty of info on that ingame and on the official Patron page, so no need to list it all here. Just click on the Patron button in the shop and then All Patron Benefits to see it all. Basically it's bonus to currencies and XP gain and some minor perks, but nothing that is needed to play. Just makes it more convenient.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 03-13-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Plane Touched

Default Yes and No

The game is active- but not well populated. It affects grouping and the AH/game economy. If you like solo play (doing solo quests with NPCs, crafting, dimension building, etc) you will have a lot of fun. If you like well populated world events, easy pops on dungeons, or quick response on raids - not so much. As Ambrodel mentioned, it does not matter what shard you play on except for which guild you may join. The benefits of patron are spelled out pretty well in the store. Personally- I would not pay a dime towards this game until you decide if you enjoy it. If you do- then it is worth supporting it.

Telaran

Just want to throw in too that moving your character between shards is completely free with a cooldown (I think a week or two) before you can do it again.

Welcome back
    Game is active. Not crowded and keep in mind that most playerbase is at level 70 .

might even be better off on NA not sure how the populations compare atm but if you only played for a year you probably dont have much progress to lose, I know there are quite a few EU players on NA

I have chars on both regions. NA is way more populated than Eu.

Depends what you mean by active ... several here have a definition which strays somewhat from Merriam-Webster methinks. EU shards (and NA Shards in off hours) are not active in the slightest, and you'll struggle to form groups except for the most basic end game content like 10-man TDez. NA in peak hours is still reasonably active, but I can't imagine it being in anything but decline ATM. End game guilds might have one or two die hards who login every day, but most simply raid log for the 30-60mins a week required to clear T2. Most of the rest of the people you see logged in tend to be:

1) AFK
    2) Social types and dimensioneers.
    3) In for 5 mins flipping minions.
    4) People just goofing around or levelling because it is F2P while they wait for a good game to be launched.

Yeah that pretty much covers it
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Soulwalker

Default Yes sorta?

I still play, well try to level. I miss more people around to do other aspects like invasions etc. I need better gear but being new I'm not sure what the best way is haha. My character is Snaldo-deepwood I believe. I try to message people but some are AFK, some don't want to be bothered, and most are 70. I'm 65 at the moment. It seems super slow tbh leveling right now. Dungeons never pop everrr, so I do the Instant Adventure.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by futfo112 View Post
    I still play, well try to level. I miss more people around to do other aspects like invasions etc. I need better gear but being new I'm not sure what the best way is haha. My character is Snaldo-deepwood I believe. I try to message people but some are AFK, some don't want to be bothered, and most are 70. I'm 65 at the moment. It seems super slow tbh leveling right now. Dungeons never pop everrr, so I do the Instant Adventure.
    It will take you forever to level 65-70 in IA, best way to level 65+ is storyline quests.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

the game is kinda dead tbh , most people i whisper are afk , city is empty , dungeons NEVER pop like never ever , i waited for more than 2 hours twice , and maps are empty so doin events or rifts is kinda near impossible

Quote Originally Posted by RedViperOfDorne View Post
    the game is kinda dead tbh , most people i whisper are afk , city is empty , dungeons NEVER pop like never ever , i waited for more than 2 hours twice , and maps are empty so doin events or rifts is kinda near impossible
    have to be in a good circle of friends or guild to get regular dungeons premades mostly there

Quote Originally Posted by RedViperOfDorne View Post
    A bit slow, yeah.
    Surprisingly there's PvP, if you're level 70, which tends to pop pretty darn fast every evening (North American), and is consistent day/evening on weekends. Pops faster than random dungeon.

Ascendant

I'm really hesitant with telling people to come play Rift. Every time I see a massive loyalty direct purchase it feels like they are SUPER desperate to do a cash grab. This is what Trion did in the last year or so before they bailed and sold the company off. So I am always skeptical that another company would adopt that strat and eventually shut down after they procured what they think was the max they would ever get for the direct loyalty purchases. When directly selling loyalty for money is the only thing the company sees as a way to turn a quick profit it feels to me that they have already decided to not invest much into the game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-15-2019 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I'm really hesitant with telling people to come play Rift. Every time I see a massive loyalty direct purchase it feels like they are SUPER desperate to do a cash grab. This is what Trion did in the last year or so before they bailed and sold the company off. So I am always skeptical that another company would adopt that strat and eventually shut down after they procured what they think was the max they would ever get for the direct loyalty purchases. When directly selling loyalty for money is the only thing the company sees as a way to turn a quick profit it feels to me that they have already decided to not invest much into the game.
    what concerns me is the amount of big loyalty grabs they have offered without giving more loyalty tiers to satisfy the players who are willing to by things like the dragon horde pack

+ Reply to Thread