+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Flashmemory
  • 1 Post By Elayara

Thread: Prime question

Default Prime question

I have seen that prime will be coming down.

I am wondering if those players that no longer have patron are able to transfer their characters as well?

thanks
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Shield of Telara

I would assume that all the character on Prime will be moved to the Reclaimer server. They call it a server but I am also assuming that this will just be a shard on the US server. So if you can access the US server (which everyone can) you should be able to go to that shard and then transfer the toon to one of the permanent US shards.

Of course this is just my assumptions so clarification wouldn't hurt.

You'll need patron if you want to go on before vigil closes to organize / move stuff around so it's not lost upon closure. As rip pointed out though, the characters will automatically be moved to reclaimer once vigil goes down and from there you can transfer to any of the main shards listed.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    You'll need patron if you want to go on before vigil closes to organize / move stuff around so it's not lost upon closure. As rip pointed out though, the characters will automatically be moved to reclaimer once vigil goes down and from there you can transfer to any of the main shards listed.
    did they say if only lv50 plus toons would go to reclaimer or all toons on a lv50 plus account?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    did they say if only lv50 plus toons would go to reclaimer or all toons on a lv50 plus account?
    I think you're confusing things you don't need to confuse. The announcement is easily found. But it says "all transferred chars go to Reclaimer", nothing about only chars above level xy or needing a char high enough.
    The stuff that is only relevant to 50+, is the loyalty and 65 boost. You only get those if you have a 50+ char.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 03-12-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I think you're confusing things you don't need to confuse. The announcement is easily found. But it says "all transferred chars go to Reclaimer", nothing about only chars above level xy or needing a char high enough.
    The stuff that is only relevant to 50+, is the loyalty and 65 boost. You only get those if you have a 50+ char.
    thank you I actually didn't read it carefully enough to catch the grammatical clarity

Ascendant

Too bad they never really understood what the players wanted in general which was just a regular shard for EU and NA players to play together at the release of Prophecy of Ankhet. They made a big deal with catering to the few who wanted a fresh start server based on deleted or lost code which was a big reason to ditch the idea in the first place since they had to practically rebuild the game.

This is what happens when YOU don't listen to your community and you listen to the community of other games, for example, Classic WoW servers. The community would have been happy with just a basic server to migrate to for NA and EU players which I can't figure out how that would be more impossible to create than rebuilding and rebalancing an entire game from the ground up while also maintaining LIVE at the same time.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-15-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Too bad they never really understood what the players wanted in general which was just a regular shard for EU and NA players to play together at the release of Prophecy of Ankhet. They made a big deal with catering to the few who wanted a fresh start server based on deleted or lost code which was a big reason to ditch the idea in the first place since they had to practically rebuild the game.

This is what happens when YOU don't listen to your community and you listen to the community of other games, for example, Classic WoW servers. The community would have been happy with just a basic server to migrate to for NA and EU players which I can't figure out how that would be more impossible to create than rebuilding and rebalancing an entire game from the ground up while also maintaining LIVE at the same time.
    I cannot remember having seen even one post where a player asked for a classic progression server. The only reaction when Trion released their plans was a lot of people being very surprised that the devs wasted their time on a new server while abandoning the live ones.

I also cannot remember a significant number of players asking for all live servers to be merged into a single one - a rather unpopular move, as it results in the loss of character names, guild names, and usually more lag for people that live on the other side of the atlantic.

Then again I also cannot remember when you were elected as the official community spokesman, so maybe it's just me and my memory capacity slowly running out

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I cannot remember having seen even one post where a player asked for a classic progression server. The only reaction when Trion released their plans was a lot of people being very surprised that the devs wasted their time on a new server while abandoning the live ones.

I also cannot remember a significant number of players asking for all live servers to be merged into a single one - a rather unpopular move, as it results in the loss of character names, guild names, and usually more lag for people that live on the other side of the atlantic.

Then again I also cannot remember when you were elected as the official community spokesman, so maybe it's just me and my memory capacity slowly running out
    they shouldnt merge, but putting the EU shards on the NA server without changing their server times might be advantageous to all the players wanting to be able to play together and then making it so the credits purchase system just charges us based on where we are purchasing at

+ Reply to Thread