+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Legendary Hit Removal: Explanation Requested

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    If something isn’t meeting our goals or living up to our standards it will be looked at for removal
    Goodbye, clerics.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    I feel that any change resulting in players being able to actually play the character build they like is a good one. I know that it would leave the hardcore raiders feeling like nothing is a challenge, but it would be better for the health of the game. So many people stop playing because max level funnels you into stuff you don't want to do.
    Step one in that is the removal of legendary abilities along with re-balancing souls around not having them as they pigeon-hole you into certain off-souls to be remotely competitive.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    Step one in that is the removal of legendary abilities along with re-balancing souls around not having them as they pigeon-hole you into certain off-souls to be remotely competitive.
    I think step one should be removing the eternal weapon proc only after that you can think about what to do with the legendary abilities.

The eternal weapon proc force a certain way of playing on us and limit the diversity of souls.
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-14-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Telaran

i agree with bamu , eternal weapon's proc should move away, or just change back to a single damage proc like it was back in nightmare tide.

After that , changing or removing legendary abilities will be a lot easier , cause this won't have the weird interaction some eternal procs have with some legendary abilities.

Some souls are just useless with how eternal procs work , and that's sad. I prefer having less damage overall and being able to play 5-6 different dps spec if i want without being stuck with only 1 like the game is now.
    Last edited by Hokhmah; 02-13-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Champion

The game never existed without the cookie cutter specs. There usually was one to rule them all. It was really one big thing that forced people to switch or for more people to be wanted in different roles. One is the mechanics of the fight. If the fight was not melee friendly which should always be the best dps you should play a range spec. If it had tones of adds then one or two person should be playing that role. That makes you play 2-3 different dps roles. The second is buffs and 20 man content as well as PvP content. What raid buffs would offer the group and how big of the positive effect it would have on that group. What kind of PvP'er you were. A healer, an objective go getter, or simply wanted to crush the competition as a dps'er. There is plenty of roles that can be made for pvp specific tasks and playstyles.

And about cleric. Very easy to come up with the idea to fix and keep it relevant. Implementing it is a hard part. Like buffing all the lower parts of defiler will bring a lot of useful synergy to other souls like caba, inquisitor and justicar and more. Then they can do what others have mentioned in other post and move Mein of Leadership down to doctrine of bliss spot.. Fervent Strike bandaid would be the biggest problem for that class... because it is a melee ability that offers so much damage so range have to sit in melee.. However, I think cleric need 1 sec for other souls to work.. Maybe make the range pet turn druid into a 20m range playing soul and make the Fae Mimicry cause the next 5 attacks not to have a GCD. Precept of Refuge can be made into a single target pull every 10 secs. and cut time in half of rebuke to 30 sec. since justicar does have some bad utility.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-13-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Telaran

Default No need to explain

The more time they spend responding to every pet peeve we have the less time they have to work creating content so i don't think we need every little thing explained. This has been disabled for a while already this is nothing new.
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

Quote Originally Posted by fearhi View Post
    The more time they spend responding to every pet peeve we have the less time they have to work creating content so i don't think we need every little thing explained. This has been disabled for a while already this is nothing new.
    I was actually told to post it here if I wanted an answer for the reasoning. It's been bugged in BoS for the last several months, but was never intended to be disabled and was officially confirmed which is partly why it came as a surprise when they just decided to remove it completely. Relaying information like this is also not only a part of their job (no intentions for that to sound mean/blunt) but it's also important as communication or the lack there of was something we've desperately needed especially when Trion was still around. The more of it we get, the better for everyone on both ends (devs and players).

It's also important to note that it was Zyra (one of our new CMs) that relayed this information to us and not a developer like we've been so used to which probably means their attention isn't really being drawn away from development.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    it's getting hard to put together a 10 man raid of people who can even down the 1st boss in BOS

I've killed the first boss several times, but honestly, it's getting harder and harder to down him because many have left. Maybe it's time to make the bosses a bit easier, given the change in the player base.
    that is exactly, my guild had two groups raiding now the hard cores from our first team ghosted leaving players without a run unless they go PUG in hard cores that cant get a full raid in their own guild, our second team only just progressed into BoS and even with the help of BoS accomplished members we have been unable to get past the first boss with players who cant afford to replace computers everytime the stats go up on video demands and get trampled by instant mechanics.

I'm open to either, but something has to change, otherwise this game will die from death from a thousand slow bleeds.
    I think keeping Fae(RP), Lae(Oceanic) and then mergin the rest would make maintenance far easier for Gamigo, but lockout timers and other factors need some reconsideration the way Prime was because less shards means less shard hopping opporunity for open world content, 1.x-3.x raids and expert dungeons just need to be openned up ffa imo and the 4.0 raids need more than one go a week possible so players can hit more than one to help out friends or even a daily lockout or just the IRC lockout being able to run as much as you want in order to let players run more than one for the sake of others unavailable or over the count get in each week

With low server population, you are pretty much forced to "take what you get".
    which actually shouldnt be a problematic factor but with the perfection standards necessary to complete anything with perfect FPSs, perfect pings and perfect mental clarity, many of us less capable players just get left out if we rnt what ppl want to take

True, but PUGing for raids is usually asking for a headache. Why not just cut out the middle man and bang your head against a wall.
    which is a result of making everything challenging for the gamer elite, it makes PUGs take on players who want in on it that cant meet the perfection standards in place now

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    forced mechanics like ‘if you want to tank you HAVE to take this or you just die’ isn’t really compelling.

However I will say this, there are A LOT of quality of life changes, and new content coming down the pipeline soon™.
    thats pretty much all the arguements whether players reallize they are arguing against it or not is forced mechanics, the elitist, perfectionist, challenge seeking top end bottle necked the game into a casual unfriendly game

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The game never existed without the cookie cutter specs. There usually was one to rule them all. It was really one big thing that forced people to switch or for more people to be wanted in different roles. One is the mechanics of the fight. If the fight was not melee friendly which should always be the best dps you should play a range spec. If it had tones of adds then one or two person should be playing that role. That makes you play 2-3 different dps roles.
    what we have lost is needing 20 players running 20 different specs or even ten if it can be properly diverified, you got 5 classes, design raids that need two or three diff warrior specs to handle soul specific skills like stuns, speed boosts, deflects, reflects, intercepts, dmg boosts, less move around to get out of 20 simultaneous things and more react with the right skill to prevent something severe

i recall when BMs, Bards, Oracles, ChonDoms, Rangers, Elementallists and other soul specific classes were crucial, make the raids require less tank/healer/8xidentical dps and more various versions of everything for different aspects of a single fight, make them need to change roles for each boss, make each boss only tankable by having a skill two of the classes posses in their tank builds so you need at least one of every tank available, add something only specific heal souls can handle so you need a handful of them, give us back our reasons for diversifying

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The second is buffs and 20 man content as well as PvP content. What raid buffs would offer the group and how big of the positive effect it would have on that group. What kind of PvP'er you were. A healer, an objective go getter, or simply wanted to crush the competition as a dps'er. There is plenty of roles that can be made for pvp specific tasks and playstyles.
    Im trying to ignore the fact that pvp is even a conversation right now, just make it a rewardless arena again that uses its own stat gear to satisfy pvp players and not give pve players a venue to go farm for upward progression in openworld content, pvp was rich and alive back when we earned our pvp tier gear and had to have vengeance and valor to be capable in pvp, it didnt choke the pvp arena with openworld casuals that pissed off the hardcore pvpers, i wasnt hardcore but i enjoyed having a completely separate subset of accomplishment, we took out pvp gear cause ppl whined about bag space, we have portable bankers and frags now, add frags with pvp stats like vengeance and valor to keep from needing the bags

To hell with the dependency on the Eternal proc.
    It's old now, it's shallow, it's lame.
    Balancing the entire output of a class around one weapon's proc is laughable.
    And restrictive.

new content coming down the pipeline soon™
    Note the (tm) they placed there.
    I.e., 7-8 months from now, earliest.

Plenty of new microtransaction item packages coming to the cash shop, however!

I'd prefer more (in-game, gameplay) reasons to have Patron status.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    To hell with the dependency on the Eternal proc.
    It's old now, it's shallow, it's lame.
    Balancing the entire output of a class around one weapon's proc is laughable.
    And restrictive.
    amen

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Plenty of new microtransaction item packages coming to the cash shop, however!
    I sure hope so I have had little reason to keep providing them with my 1-2k monthly spending support since Prime launched

King of Slackers

Imo Enrage Timers have sort of outlived its purpose. Forcing players into decent specs and rotations, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘Play the right spec for the encounter or we will wipe’ isn’t really compelling.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Imo Enrage Timers have sort of outlived its purpose. Forcing players into decent specs and rotations, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘Play the right spec for the encounter or we will wipe’ isn’t really compelling.
    yeah I remember fighting dragons in EQ that took an hour to kill, whos ******ed idea was it to make killing a boss a timed thing and not a survival thing, the boss doesnt need to be so over the top that it takes 128 players 2 hours to kill it, but it doesnt need to be restricted by an insta kill timer, if a boss can be killed in 8min i think casual players will feel ok spending 16min to succeed and feel good about themselves for it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3