+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Legendary Hit Removal: Explanation Requested

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Plenty of us still do multiple runs/clears on multiple characters on a weekly basis and they had already added nerfs just prior to the acquisition. I wouldn't want to see another nerf until a new tier/raids comes and who knows if/when that will be. Realistically (from a player standpoint anyway) it should've been kept the same as the Comet of Ahnket raid (which was technically going to be this expansions first raid, but released it early since it was ready) where there's 3 difficulties to allow people to work their way up and start off on whatever difficulty they feel comfortable with. Easy mode (LFR) being introduction and for those that just want to see the content, Normal for well... normal raiders / casual raiders and then hard mode for those that enjoy the challenge and for everyone else that wants to, to work their way up to later.
    True, but with so many servers, those who can do the clears easily are spread out so that they are hard to do, even in a large guild.

So I guess either they need to keep the current number of shards and make it easier so that non-hard core guilds can advance and not get frustrated .... or they need to do a shard merge so that guilds can recruit more.

I'm open to either, but something has to change, otherwise this game will die from death from a thousand slow bleeds.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    True, but with so many servers, those who can do the clears easily are spread out so that they are hard to do, even in a large guild.

So I guess either they need to keep the current number of shards and make it easier so that non-hard core guilds can advance and not get frustrated .... or they need to do a shard merge so that guilds can recruit more.

I'm open to either, but something has to change, otherwise this game will die from death from a thousand slow bleeds.
    Honestly a lot of it really comes down to how much effort people put into learning their classes/rotations which doesn't require you to be hardcore. Rogues (from my own personal experience as a guild/raid lead) are a good example as I've seen more rogues who refuse to play MM because it's too difficult (it's not) and will only stick to nightblade which in and of itself isn't a bad spec, but the the last 2 bosses require lots of cleave. This also depends on raid comps. Then there are the people "settle" for easier specs, but still don't play them well and or can't properly time mechanics while dpsing/healing.

The exception to that was prior to the nerf, commander's bubbles had far too much RNG in their spawning and damage making it a difficult wall to climb, but the HP reductions helped quite a bit. One of the downsides to 10 man raids is that there's very little room to carry anyone so it only takes 1 or 2 people to hold you back from clearing any given boss or the whole raid.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Isp
    General of Telara

Merging shards will change absolutely nothing. You can raid from any shard. And if people want to join your guild from other shard they could easily transfer to your shard. Real issue that game is dead, population is low and continue to reduce. Our guild still clears BoS 3 times per week, but what the point? Doing the same 3 boss raid year after year after year?
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Honestly a lot of it really comes down to how much effort people put into learning their classes/rotations which doesn't require you to be hardcore. Rogues (from my own personal experience as a guild/raid lead) are a good example as I've seen more rogues who refuse to play MM because it's too difficult (it's not) and will only stick to nightblade which in and of itself isn't a bad spec, but the the last 2 bosses require lots of cleave. This also depends on raid comps. Then there are the people "settle" for easier specs, but still don't play them well and or can't properly time mechanics while dpsing/healing.

The exception to that was prior to the nerf, commander's bubbles had far too much RNG in their spawning and damage making it a difficult wall to climb, but the HP reductions helped quite a bit. One of the downsides to 10 man raids is that there's very little room to carry anyone so it only takes 1 or 2 people to hold you back from clearing any given boss or the whole raid.
    Except that it isn't just about how much YOU put into learning your build and rotation ... it's can YOU and 9 other people do it.

With low server population, you are pretty much forced to "take what you get".

Now I'm not saying I'm Gods gift to raiding, but that has always been one negative for raiders, especially in a low population game.

That's what I'm really driving at.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Merging shards will change absolutely nothing. You can raid from any shard. And if people want to join your guild from other shard they could easily transfer to your shard.
    True, but PUGing for raids is usually asking for a headache. Why not just cut out the middle man and bang your head against a wall.

Except that it isn't just about how much YOU put into learning your build and rotation ... it's can YOU and 9 other people do it.
    Which is why I said how much effort people put into it.

Now I'm not saying I'm Gods gift to raiding, but that has always been one negative for raiders, especially in a low population game.

I completely understand this aspect of it. People put in a lot of time and effort into the guilds/communities and you enjoy the people you play with, but there's always the handful of people that will literally hold you back from progressing and there's either not enough of a population, too many guilds competing for players (the case in this expansion at the beginning) or there's 1 or 2 guilds that gobble up all of the potential recruits because the vast majority of people don't genuinely like progressing and will flock to guilds that have more bosses down in the hopes of getting carried. This was a major problem back in NT which lead a lot of guilds to joint raid which wasn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but it's always more preferable to down it with the people you built the guild up with. All the more reason why it's important for everyone to learn their class properly.

That being said if you take what you can get and still can't clear it even after addressing the people who may not be up to snuff then it's best to move on and look for other groups that run it. I'm typically short 1 or 2 spots myself for our run. We (the people I run with) also started a run on Friday.

Wednesday - (Invites at 7:30) 8:00pm - 10:00 pm pacific standard time
    Friday - Same time as Wednesday

If you're interested then just send me a PM on discord or here. This week my Wednesday run is full though. Should be anyway.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Isp
    General of Telara

True, but PUGing for raids is usually asking for a headache. Why not just cut out the middle man and bang your head against a wall.
    We have permanent people from other guilds/shards in our raids - they are not pugs, some of them joined guild after couple of months of raiding, some still in other shards/guilds. Again, merging shards would not solve low population issue - only huge investment in game development will help - but it would be a stupid move and it would not happen.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Server merges won't fix the need to "take what you can get." As Isp already stated, anyone from any shard can join any group to raid.
    Last edited by Skiye; 02-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Hello guys!

Here a response from our dev team:

Legendary Hit has sort of outlived its purpose. It was a heavy handed response to hybrids with the goal of forcing players into 61 point talents, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘if you want to tank you HAVE to take this or you just die’ isn’t really compelling.

Going forward we’re looking at systems that don’t deliver on what we’re trying to do in RIFT which is create a fun experience for our players. If something isn’t meeting our goals or living up to our standards it will be looked at for removal or a rework. You can read into that how you will, but I don’t have concrete details I can give you at this time as it’s not as simple as selecting and deleting. I know you have lots of questions about balance/class devs, but right now I don’t have any answers for you.

However I will say this, there are A LOT of quality of life changes, and new content coming down the pipeline soon™.
    Last edited by Zyra; 02-12-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Discord: Zyra#0666

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    However I will say this, there are A LOT of quality of life changes, and new content coming down the pipeline soon™.
    And WHEN can we expect to hear about those?

Soulwalker

The real reason is that it bugged and they don't have devs nor knowhow to fix. Stop bull****ting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
    Hello guys!

Here a response from our dev team:

Legendary Hit has sort of outlived its purpose. It was a heavy handed response to hybrids with the goal of forcing players into 61 point talents, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘if you want to tank you HAVE to take this or you just die’ isn’t really compelling.

Going forward we’re looking at systems that don’t deliver on what we’re trying to do in RIFT which is create a fun experience for our players. If something isn’t meeting our goals or living up to our standards it will be looked at for removal or a rework. You can read into that how you will, but I don’t have concrete details I can give you at this time as it’s not as simple as selecting and deleting. I know you have lots of questions about balance/class devs, but right now I don’t have any answers for you.

Thank you for the reply. A follow up question would be What type of "new content"? Typically new season event items have been considered new content so people are understandably wary when they see/hear that. To players, content means new dungeons, new raids, new quests, new maps and new open world related content. I think it's important to be transparent about that when you say new content is coming soon as to not give people false impressions/assumptions.

I look forward to what Gamigo can work up with Rift. The state of the game was so stagnant under those last months/year under Trion. Take risks and keep the game balanced and fun for all. Just be prepared for some crazy builds as Rifters can be quite creative in building op soulsets you may not have imagined.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    I look forward to what Gamigo can work up with Rift. The state of the game was so stagnant under those last months/year under Trion. Take risks and keep the game balanced and fun for all. Just be prepared for some crazy builds as Rifters can be quite creative in building op soulsets you may not have imagined.
    I agree. And I remember warpest, 1 button dervish on pts, jumpalist and the list goes on and on. I really like hybrids and miss my 2.6 warrior tempest paragon hybrid. Class devs will have a lot of hard work balancing hybrids if that's what they're encouraging and allow us to play.

I feel that any change resulting in players being able to actually play the character build they like is a good one. I know that it would leave the hardcore raiders feeling like nothing is a challenge, but it would be better for the health of the game. So many people stop playing because max level funnels you into stuff you don't want to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast