Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Neuronfly
  • 1 Post By Neuronfly
  • 1 Post By Isp
  • 1 Post By Last Man of end content
  • 3 Post By Burnlogic
  • 1 Post By ArcticGypsy
  • 1 Post By Captain Kremmen

Thread: When are we getting the next expansion?

Shadowlander

Default When are we getting the next expansion?

Are we ever going to get a new expansion for this game? Of all the mmorpgs available in the market Rift is by far my favorite mmo and its sad to see this game in such a bad state.

An expansion wasn't even on the table before the acquisition happened so I wouldn't expect one for a long time. The goal prior was to complete the Ahnket storyline and push out (most likely) IGSB and then the final Raid (Ahnkets tower) which was confirmed to be in the development process, but no one knows how far long. Probably not very. The first half of 2019 will most likely be short term / smaller projects like revamping the calendar, bringing back more CTA events and Carnival. We still don't have a roadmap for the games future and don't know what waits in the second half.

https://www.mmobomb.com/exclusive-in...illion-assets/

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    An expansion wasn't even on the table before the acquisition happened so I wouldn't expect one for a long time. The goal prior was to complete the Ahnket storyline and push out (most likely) IGSB and then the final Raid (Ahnkets tower) which was confirmed to be in the development process, but no one knows how far long. Probably not very. The first half of 2019 will most likely be short term / smaller projects like revamping the calendar, bringing back more CTA events and Carnival. We still don't have a roadmap for the games future and don't know what waits in the second half.

https://www.mmobomb.com/exclusive-in...illion-assets/
    The article that you linked doesn't answer anything about the future of Rift. We as loyal customers have the right to know whether our favorite game will get future expansions or not. Is it worth spending time on this game or is it finally time to move on? We need an honest and clear answer from Gamigo.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Neuronfly View Post
    The article that you linked doesn't answer anything about the future of Rift. We as loyal customers have the right to know whether our favorite game will get future expansions or not. Is it worth spending time on this game or is it finally time to move on? We need an honest and clear answer from Gamigo.
    We’re currently working to restore extended services (customer support, community management) while our game teams are eagerly rebuilding and planning their 2019 product roadmaps. We’re very capable and will produce great content under Gamigo US for years to come.
    They don't know yet. In 2019 they going do decide what to do with Rift. Most likely choices are: kill it fast or kill it slowly.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Easy answer is No. There is not that typo in the future of Rift at this time. Stay tuned as things can and may change at some future date but as of now. No there is not an expansion level content release planned.

Unless I missed something

Soulwalker

Live Patch notes:
    Fixed a bug that caused the minions from CTA: Mechs on Parade to have the incorrect icons.
    Adjusted the stamina of the Mk 2 Siege Tank Minion.

That's all?
    Just do not expect too much, everything will get better
    Keep it up Gamigo

Quote Originally Posted by Last Man of end content View Post
    Just do not expect too much, everything will get better
    My new motto for life: Just don't expect much, and everything will get better!
    Especially useful for MMOs on their last legs.
    Set one's expectations as low as humanly possible to take the edge off neglect and no future roadmap, and soon the smallest tweaks appear miraculous.

If only Gamigo can and want to keep small updates trickling down to the game it'll be better than what we had from Trion; I already like the new CMs a lot better - might be just me but I felt a lot of veiled, passive-aggressive, sarcastic hostility and self-righteousness from Trion culture so the change of attitude is a big fresh start already.
    By "small updates" I don't mean new fluff and loot-right bundles DLCs, of course not... I mean a new map, a new soul, a new quest-line with new rewards, new mechanics and so on. Particularly, I'd like to see that map to the east of Draumheim released sooner or later - I recall CaptainCursor saying a long time ago work on it was underway but we never heard anything new. Also, does anyone know if he is still on the Rift team?
    Many functions in game need fixing (broken mentoring) or changing (I detest the chance to be dismounted, maybe give us a mount HP pretty please?) so if they could address those as well the game could begin a recovery path.
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

the secret date is 2023.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

I would rather they spend their time fixing current bugs. There are some game breaking things happening that need to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    My new motto for life: Just don't expect much, and everything will get better!
    Especially useful for MMOs on their last legs.
    Set one's expectations as low as humanly possible to take the edge off neglect and no future roadmap, and soon the smallest tweaks appear miraculous.
    T'is a sad time for Rift when we have to default to that way of thinking, in order to mitigate the inevitable disappointment.

+ Reply to Thread