+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Rift is still fun!

Soulwalker

Red face Rift is still fun!

I believe this is my first post on the forums, like ever, although playing on-off casually since '11.

Well title says it all - despite the Trion/Gamigo transition, I still find the game fun and enjoyable.
    I am just a casual noob that logs on now and then, maybe that is why, cant say.
    Playerbase is def. small, but still theres enough people around for zone events, adventures and dungeons, and that is cool for me.

Just wanted to throw that out there, since I only see negative threads these days.

Over and out.

Telaran

I agree with you OP!

Took a break a little ways into Starfall (Back when it was called that haha) and came back recently as more of a casual player than what I was previous. I am enjoying my time, the timesinks offered and the new quality of life changes (i.e. Eternal Weaps).

Soulwalker

Default Me too!

I have been playing Rift since the beginning and am still getting a lot of enjoyment out of playing. I log on two or more times during the day (am retired with plenty of time on my hands) and love doing it. I hope the game survives the transition. And to those of you with the negative attitudes out there I hope you find what what you are looking for ... I sort of doubt you will.

I imagine some might be sceptical of a single post account that was created this month which is only 4 days old ... but sure, Rift is in a great place.
    Last edited by Linolea; 02-04-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Machon View Post
    I believe this is my first post on the forums, like ever, although playing on-off casually since '11.

Well title says it all - despite the Trion/Gamigo transition, I still find the game fun and enjoyable.
    I am just a casual noob that logs on now and then, maybe that is why, cant say.
    Playerbase is def. small, but still theres enough people around for zone events, adventures and dungeons, and that is cool for me.

Just wanted to throw that out there, since I only see negative threads these days.

Over and out.
    It's probably a question of perspective. I've been playing Rift since 2010.

So far I always had fun with the game because there were always new or recycled content.
    I have also survived longer content holes because i always found something in the game that could keep me busy.

The last two years this has changed dramatically and has finally come to a complete standstill.
    As a long-term player, it's hard to keep getting excited about the game without any visible progress.
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-06-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Drugs are bad for your health.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    Drugs are bad for your health.
    I know but I couldn't resist the temptation of Rift. I'm a weak human

Rift Disciple

I found what I was looking for.. Uninstall. Game sucks. Now just check for anything new on forums... So far after 1.5 years.. .nothing.

Well, more mounts and store items. lol. Have fun with that.

Rift Disciple

It depends on what you are doing. Raiding is dead atm, so if you only like raiding rift is dead for you. Pvp is also dead. Despite that you can still have fun with achievement hunting, dimensioneering, artifact hunting, doing old dungeons and raids or other stuff.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    Raiding is dead atm, so if you only like raiding rift is dead for you.
    Look how far has Rift fall.

Can we get a Rift a realm reborn?
    Actually nvm.

Ascendant

Currently Rift is great for the hardcore Dimensioners.
    And maybe achieve hunters.
    Might be great for your first play through as a new player.

it would be more fun if they balanced the classes so that clerics and mainly mages could do the same dps as warriors and primalist ... my mage cant get into a BoS cuz it dont do enough dps and i refuse to to start another class just to do BoS ... seriously, balance the classes so there capaple of doing the same dps or heal in there own way in respect to their class ... THEN DON'T TOUCH THEM!

edit: i was told that if you cant do 1 million+ dps then u cant do BoS ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 02-05-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    It depends on what you are doing. Raiding is dead atm, so if you only like raiding rift is dead for you. Pvp is also dead. Despite that you can still have fun with achievement hunting, dimensioneering, artifact hunting, doing old dungeons and raids or other stuff.
    Well I barely login to game anymore, same goes for forums but just wanted to post this. Raiding is dead since end of NMT even mid era of NMT, POA/SFP raiding is joke, it's because Trion and whoever was in charge of RIFT had no clue about how much raiding actually effected the population, I mean even with no experience in game industry, you don't need to be genius to see that 1 raid with 1 boss and weekly lockout which just drops essences barely better than RIFT drops won't keep your population yet after waiting of months pushing 10man chronicle as end game raid was direct insult to players and to audience who acknowledged RIFT as one of true raiding games.

It's so funny to see Trion believed that raiding only cared by 1% of games population of course this was because of the polyannas on this forums.

Same goes for PVP, It was essential for this game I kept saying it for years, yet the guy directly in charge and responsible for game was actually PVP developer of the game but looks like pushing p2w items, gamble boxes etc generated decent amount of revenue to keep them lying game is successful stuff to their higher ups or in other words executives of Trion.

By ruining both PVP and PVE (Raiding) communities they barely had population yet misleading figures on this forums kept acting everything is fine and old CM's siding with them and calling every other person who is actually being honest with direction game heading as forum trolls was like forcing them quit game day by day.

I hope all people who is acting everything is fine, will stop doing it because acting like this not helping game at all yet blinding devs or actually who is in charge of development and causing more harm than anything you can imagine.

Just enjoy last precious moments of this game and maybe gamigo will one day revive it from what I talked with them, they really want to do it but if people continue acting like everything is super-duper fine when actually only ashes of rift left, things will be tougher than what it looks like.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Touched

Default Aileen speaks truth as always...

Thanks Aileen. The overly optimistic folks remind me of the frog in a pan- all is fine until it isn't. By squashing out any comments from those who love Rift but spoke up about problems, the pie in the sky folk have damaged the game in their own way. This game started down its slippery slope in NMT and started the mass decline of players in COA. It has been frightfully mismanaged- and telling everyone everything is fine- just fine- is a disservice to what the game was and could be. Speaking up - in a polite way- about problems in game usually comes from those who care. This is not bashing. This is a desire to have something awful fixed.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    it would be more fun if they balanced the classes so that clerics and mainly mages could do the same dps as warriors and primalist ... my mage cant get into a BoS cuz it dont do enough dps and i refuse to to start another class just to do BoS ... seriously, balance the classes so there capaple of doing the same dps or heal in there own way in respect to their class ... THEN DON'T TOUCH THEM!

edit: i was told that if you cant do 1 million+ dps then u cant do BoS ...
    Mage and cleric can and do 1m +, when spec'd and played properly. Primy is mostly pure single target with marginal at best cleave, unlike rogue.

Unfortunately, Hartsman didn't have spine enough to hold the team leader to task in the least. Evidence of that is the lazy approach to soul system scaling that was omitted. The buck stops on the desk of the CEO, period! The Watercooler Club as a whole lacked the ambition to do a genuine, bona fide expansion and cost the franchise and corporation a brand new chapter 7.

Gross negligence, indeed.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast