+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Rift is still fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Eomund View Post
    Cool, toss all your glitter.
    It's just not driving a former progress raiding player to return to the game.
    Then again, it's not my responsibility to drive players to the game in the first place so I fail to see your point. Of course if my silliness does indeed make someone new play the game then all the better

Either way I'm having fun XD
    Last edited by Honoun; 03-08-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

the ONLY things that are positive in rift right now are dimensions and some open world stuff.

endgame? BORING. pass.
    grind? BORING. hard pass.
    pvp? hahahaahahaa. dont even get me started.

oh, did i mention, you MUST be loaded with $$$ to be a dimensioneer, since it costs an insane amount of money.

i think there's just a few dozen whales (literal and figurative) who keep pumping money into this game.

well, thanks to YOU, the game is in the current situation.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

this game really is boring now ... I'm at end stage and the only things to do is irotp and bos and maybe tdnm, pvp was butchered so many time in past because of care-bears whining about being killed that now pvp simply does not impress me nor is there any incentive to pursue it (the 300 data-grams you get for weekly is not enough for me to agonize myself for) and apparently i'm not alone on that thought cuz it has been taking longer and longer to get in a match depending on the time of day. and no offense to gamigo but im just not very confident that they have what it takes to do what needs to happen to fix this game, they cant fix something they weren't a part of to begin with, they simply don't know what the problems are to begin with.

because i never did green-scales blight and river of souls (as a raid) or any of the old raids for that matter, i wanted to see what would happen if i took my lvl 70 mage in there. to my surprise i was able to go thru the whole thing in one shot without dying to get the mounts that they award you with in river of souls. really? why was i able to walk in there as a 70 with no resistance? seriously, as the game expanded to new area's they couldn't be bothered to have a few people checking old content to make sure its keeping up with the time's?

the game needs more raids to keep the game going for everyone when they dont have anything else or better to do. all these old raids are the perfect opportunity for gamigo to capitalize on. they need to introduce some mechanic in game that guarantees that anyone that walks into a old raids will be met by force. no more of this "walk in as 70 alone and take it like i own the place" you dont!! go get a full raid started and do the old content like it was intended to be. and while your at the "re-scaling of old raids to make it more challenging" point, make sure ALL the old raids become part of the LFR group window that currently exists in game that no one uses ... then put a few people on making sure that there is always something meaningful some how being awarded for people that use the LFR process window going forward, data-grams maybe or some other currency or maybe something else? this would ABSOLUTELY mean that those awards would NOT be awarded to private groups, they could do the raid but unless they use the LFR grp window they would NOT be able to collect awards. and also dont allow to enter as group. if you were able to enter as grp then it kinda defeats the purpose of having a LFG window than, unless you limit you grp to two poeple maybe (that would garentee that a husband and wife or friend enters the same raid). the other thing im thinking is maybe have some other award things available for the guilds that are always running raid content for guild purposes (again, this would ensure that guild grps do not conflict with LFR grp window in any way, and even then awards given could be different some how) ...

i think all these suggestions would be a nice start to overhauling the existing game without actually adding new content in the traditional sense. make a game where people need to put there big boy pants on to play, then do whats needed to be done to keep them there!
    Last edited by Merlin666; 03-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Impressive. All those posts are made today. Nice opportunity to see who's browsing here frequently.

Rift is crack and everyone knows it.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Even me? Do I know it?

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    I'm afraid you're a dying breed in Rift, my friend.
    We had our time to shine when Rift was at its peak, up to about 2014 when the original team was intact.

Back then, being a min-maxer and class theory-crafting obsessive in Rift -- well, it made sense.

There was a large design staff compromised of MMO veterans, and class-maxing lovers were consistently reassured by their active presence. You had a 20 person subteam exclusively dedicated to souls.

You know your big post above re: Current soul balance/DPS/hybrids, etc.? Explained well, stuff we all understand well enough?

Right now, as we speak, Theres *maybe* - a BIG maybe - 1 or 2 humans on the current Rift team who even vaguely comprehend the words you've written -- for others it's meaningless gibberish.

And let's not even talk about team members who can test, tweak, and implement soul balancing.

We're a million miles away from that.

That's the level of expertise on the Rift team right now.
    Your post is way above their pay grade, so to speak.

Forgive me for being a Negative Nancy, but I'm reading your post and it occurred to me: 99% of the people currently in charge of Rift don't know W.T.F. you just wrote. To them, you were speaking in tongues.

Everyone set your expectations accordingly.
    Miss those days. I'm going to download for a single player walk through for nostalgia sake but the Rift I loved appears to be dead.

Shadowlander

Default Still Fun

I still play Rift on and off..just started playing again. The game is still fun and plenty to do. I don't raid either so, no biggy on that.

I watch the forums sometimes but there's no hope and it's sad.
    Last edited by Robokapp; 02-16-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Soulwalker

Old lurker here and I agree, OP.
    On and off ever since Rift came out and I think this is the first time I got a toon over 30. Small community makes for a peaceful gameplay and I actually enjoy exploring without tripping over people. No "party plz" spam and "wanna buy?" whispers.

P.S. You people on game chat are damn weird!

Telaran

LOOOL imagine lying like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robokapp View Post
    I watch the forums sometimes but there's no hope and it's sad.
    Itís sad but I feel the same way, I check the forums to see if there is a plan for rift or any news of note but nothing so I've come to the realisation that rift is in maintenance mode and nothing will change other than token fixes and cash shop items.

It would take at the very least an Archeage style reboot to get players back and interested then proper ongoing updates to keep them.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by C00lit View Post
    It would take at the very least an Archeage style reboot to get players back and interested then proper ongoing updates to keep them.
    Trion has already tried this with the Prime Server and we know how that ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Trion has already tried this with the Prime Server and we know how that ended.
    The issue with prime was that Trion cut corners and tried to sell the chocolate Rift experience with the current live game systems under the hood and not the original Rift systems which doomed it before it even launched. I'm sure it would have been quite different if they had relaunched with proper chocolate rift systems (akin to WoW classic) and marketed it as a persistent server unlike Prime which was another reason it didnít work.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by C00lit View Post
    The issue with prime was that Trion cut corners and tried to sell the chocolate Rift experience with the current live game systems under the hood and not the original Rift systems which doomed it before it even launched. I'm sure it would have been quite different if they had relaunched with proper chocolate rift systems (akin to WoW classic) and marketed it as a persistent server unlike Prime which was another reason it didn’t work.
    The Original Rift as in Rift 1.0? They lost 100s of thousands of players with that design because they could not make up mind on how to progress players. Essentially they have to consider what worked and what doesn't work for the players of Rift and not for any other game. They definitely had some good ideas, fan based mostly, but they mixed it with some traditional ones and it ruined the game play for lots of fans. In some cases the system is better than 1.0 and in other cases a lot worse. It should have always been better.. after 5-6 years they have never implemented the right solution for progression all the way. In some cases they got it right with individual loot rewards for raids in prime. Rarely any guild leader wants to have to distribute loot and make others feel bad.

No MMO should encourage a system that makes you feel bad that another person won a loot that you wanted. If you have Individual Loot you can blame just the system itself and there won't be any underlining animosity built between players as a result. This makes the most sense for a MMO designer. They only implemented it half way with dungeons and not with raids.

Tank loot was suppose to go away. Fragments should have been ultimately what determines if the player would want to role a tank and if they wanted to role a dps after then they would just get dps fragments. Never implemented that correctly.

Upgrade paths are horrendous. All avenues should essentially lead to raiding including PvP gear. The best in slot PvP gear should be equivalent to what is hero gear for the top most raid. The second gear up would have been world and dungeon PvE gear. Then the raid gear should have the next tier and it should upgrade twice into the last 2 concats. Real logical and simple.

Trion never understood what keeps players playing. They never should have encourage class locking and division. In this case if a player wanted to play more they would have geared more and more alts to raid each week with giving them massive amounts of different ways to experience the game. Yes, some people would have stuck to one class and others would have drop tons but in my opinion they would have dropped tons to be able to raid 5-10x a week both on EU and NA if they feel the experience and time investment was worth it. It was way too limiting.

Planar Essence progression needed an overhaul.. with its on concats distributed between the avenues. PvP being the least but good enough to get you into the top end raid..

Raid replayability. I may be wrong but I feel raid replayability should actually be something that happens toward the end of the expansion. Phasing out a 10 man with 3 bosses after a year should be maximum time you want your raiders to experience that content. If they have to go back an revisit it.. it should happen at the end of the expansion and should only be like adding HM bosses to those raids like it use to be back in early expansions. If you want a chance at that rare RED ring or ammy or earring etc. you will go back and do those raids but it shouldn't be something like how the red trinkets were...the procs caused too much problems in futur content. They never had to be glorified that much to encourage gameplay of older content. The biggest weakness Devs have had in this game is procs on gear. They could have just made it like set gear.. 3 pieces boost damage 5% or something like PvP gear.. and you get that boost from killing HM bosses at the end of the expansion from the raids. It didn't have to be procs . In the case of eternals etc. and all the relic loot of the past they should have considered a much-simplified way to handle gear bonuses. They could have level locked the items so they can't interfere with the next expansion as well.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-25-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Soulwalker

I agree with OP. First timer here. I can't believe I didn`t try this game earlier. It is very enjoyable, the graphics are very good and pretty smooth. The story is engaging so far. I like the UI and everything is neatly presented. I saw a lot of people doing activities in the starting zone and for now I am just having a blast.

Thumbs up from me !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast