Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Metsa
  • 1 Post By Bamul
  • 3 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: Last quest in Gedlo offers 175 hit gear - Why

Soulwalker

Default Last quest in Gedlo offers 175 hit gear - Why

Quest name: Scarlet Night.

As the subject suggests, you get offered 175 hit gear (pants) as your reward for completing the last quest in Gedlo Badlands. When doing all the previous quests, you are offered 200 hit gear.

I'd say this is an oversight and never been corrected.

But this gives no incentive to do the quest, other than getting the achievement.

I'd like to see a lot of this gear get checked in quest rewards, so that it is actually rewarding doing the quests. I can buy 200-225 hit gear for next to nothing on the Auction House.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AresAtlas View Post
    But this gives no incentive to do the quest, other than getting the achievement.
    Gedlo is considered a leveling zone, so the amount of hit is irrelevant at that point. If something like this happened in Ashenfell or Vostigar, then sure, it should be fixed. But Gedlo is too low level to matter when it comes to Hit.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Gedlo is considered a leveling zone, so the amount of hit is irrelevant at that point. If something like this happened in Ashenfell or Vostigar, then sure, it should be fixed. But Gedlo is too low level to matter when it comes to Hit.
    You are dead wrong. Hit will always matter. 175 hit gear is offered in Scatherran. Gedlo is the next zone in the quest line, and offers 200 hit gear. But I am not posting here for a pissing match, I'd rather hear from what the new Devs have to say.

The hit is irrelevant till you are lvl 70 and need to be able to hit expert and LFR bosses. At that time your 8 pieces that carry a hit stat will need to average 250 hit a piece to total the required 2000 hit. Any gear that drops from quests/mobs prior to level 70 zones will not have this hit and will need to be replaced regardless.

Not worth the time for the limited team this game has, nor would have been worth the time even with a full team. Think of all the caster items with Martial stats and vice versa that have lingered throughout the game and some still do, these are pretty small priority situations unless we are talking end game 'tiered' gear.
    Wolf@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Wolfsoul@Vigil <Ten Inches Unbuffed>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Metsa View Post
    The hit is irrelevant till you are lvl 70 and need to be able to hit expert and LFR bosses. At that time your 8 pieces that carry a hit stat will need to average 250 hit a piece to total the required 2000 hit. Any gear that drops from quests/mobs prior to level 70 zones will not have this hit and will need to be replaced regardless.

Not worth the time for the limited team this game has, nor would have been worth the time even with a full team. Think of all the caster items with Martial stats and vice versa that have lingered throughout the game and some still do, these are pretty small priority situations unless we are talking end game 'tiered' gear.
    I am talking about levelling, not end of game content.. Try levelling with mediocre gear and then tell me Hit is irrelevant. But whatever, I can see the forums is not the place to try and give feedback to the Dev/Devs.

General of Telara

I am talking about levelling, not end of game content.. Try levelling with mediocre gear and then tell me Hit is irrelevant. But whatever, I can see the forums is not the place to try and give feedback to the Dev/Devs.
    You can easily test if the lower hit values play any role. If you don't miss a mob on the same level as yourself then Hit has no influence on your DPS. Important are the other values for your DPS like intelligence, wisdom, strength and so on.

Hit was introduced as a progression element to ensure that players could not simply skip the content (Experts/LFR > T1 > T2 > T3). The mobs in Experts and raids have certain hit requirements if you fall below them there is the possibility that you will miss your target.

So Metsa and Ambrodel are right when they say the hit value is irrelevant till you are lvl 70 and need to be able to hit expert and LFR bosses.
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-05-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

But I am not posting here for a pissing match
    Which is good, because as you can see, you would have lost it.

Try levelling with mediocre gear and then tell me Hit is irrelevant.
    I actually tried doing just that. I took off all my Hit gear (except weapon for obvious reasons) on a 63 cleric and found a 63 mob. Killed it, no misses. Found some more, killed them, no misses. Went to the ramp up to Tarken Glacier and killed a 64. No misses. Moved in further, to a 65. No misses. Sure, they were still yellow, but that's irrelevant. Because most of my gear was early POW gear, which means that I was using "mediocre gear", as you put it.

But whatever, I can see the forums is not the place to try and give feedback to the Dev/Devs.
    If you don't want to discuss things, or find out that you might be wrong on certain topics, you're right, the forums is not for you. As for feedback, there are subforums for that. If you think this is a bug, you should go to the Bug Reports forum. If you want to talk about Dimension items, go to the Dimensions forum. Here in General Discussion we can have a discussion about why the Hit doesn't matter before max level and why it doesn't make any sense to complain about it being "wrong" on a "lowlevel" item. It's perfectly fine that you think it's wrong. But in this case, it is pointless to change it. You will change gear so so many times before the hit becomes an issue.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 02-05-2019 at 04:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread