+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: when's the next soul balancing patch?!?!?

Shadowlander

Default when's the next soul balancing patch?!?!?

^^^^^^^^^^ its been what half a year?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ul-tweaks.html
    7/26

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pints View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^ its been what half a year?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ul-tweaks.html
    7/26
    I guess around 2026.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Champion of Telara

The database contains 629 players.

Trion originally aimed for a DPS difference of maximum 20%.
    Source: The Ghar Station Dev Chat Roundup
    a 20% top to bottom spread is a generally solid target (much tigher than that is nontrivial to maintain)
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-28-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post

What's sad is cleric players have to work very hard for those very poor numbers lol.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

The second round of changes to hit PTS were supposed to be scheduled back in September, but we never heard anything. This was according to the interview salvatrix gave in germany last year. I don't imagine we'll be seeing any for a long time considering how long the first round (mainly for warrior) took to get out.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The second round of changes to hit PTS were supposed to be scheduled back in September, but we never heard anything. This was according to the interview salvatrix gave in germany last year. I don't imagine we'll be seeing any for a long time considering how long the first round (mainly for warrior) took to get out.
    Plus the small detail of needing class designers and an internal QA department for Rift.

Telaran

God not another crying session from the elites again because someone can do more dps than them!!! Everytime we get soul balances from the crybabies its worse than before.

Gamigo send them some e***** pumps to help as i don't want another ego based nerf once again.

Lol I can see elite graphs and sheets flowing my way

Sword of Telara

The founding devs are the only statements that count. Ever since the class devs started breaking classes due to itemization and direct bugs within the classes they started to make up rules on the fly.

For instance, melee is suppose to be doing more damage than range between classes according to those rules but that is INCORRECT. Some classes range is far superior to their melee and some classes melee which is superior to their range is far less dps than other classes range souls.

After SL went free to play the devs just made up rules on the fly. Even the 20% disparity was a made up rule and used by the devs to justify clerics having upwards of 60% dps deficit over other classes when they released POA. They had horrible developers for class balance. IE they broke the game with the last round of changes which ommited many guilds from playing content they were playing for almost a year in favor of bring more overpowered classes to clear raids and less classes that were gimped and needed to be carried were obviously punished. Trion devs sabotage their own game to fail in my opinion.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-28-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    God not another crying session from the elites again because someone can do more dps than them!!! Everytime we get soul balances from the crybabies its worse than before.

Gamigo send them some e***** pumps to help as i don't want another ego based nerf once again.

Lol I can see elite graphs and sheets flowing my way
    It's not just about one class doing more dps than another. Primalists for example (much like warriors were) are pigeonholed into one spec and or a sub soul for every build they use. That being Fury blast all day everyday for them. Most people don't want to have to play the same single spec for years at a time which is what's happening and has been. The same goes for rogues and realistically only having Marksman as nightblade barely does anymore damage than it, but lacks the raw AoE and utility it has. We have also yet to get healing passes for the other classes. Preserver and clerics need it.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

The problem with this type of metric is it doesn't take souls into consideration. If a class has only a single build that reaches the goal, then the entire class "looks fine" on that chart. People not acknowledging this is a depressing bit of white-knight strategy going on :/

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    The problem with this type of metric is it doesn't take souls into consideration. If a class has only a single build that reaches the goal, then the entire class "looks fine" on that chart. People not acknowledging this is a depressing bit of white-knight strategy going on :/
    Currently all classes have only 1-2 dps specs which are useful in a raid.

Rogues were able to catch up with the Primalists and Warriors thanks to a new Spec that didn't exist long ago.

I have always criticized the current system, especially the Eternal weapon effects because they limit the variety of possible specs.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The founding devs are the only statements that count. Ever since the class devs started breaking classes due to itemization and direct bugs within the classes they started to make up rules on the fly.

For instance, melee is suppose to be doing more damage than range between classes according to those rules but that is INCORRECT. Some classes range is far superior to their melee and some classes melee which is superior to their range is far less dps than other classes range souls.

After SL went free to play the devs just made up rules on the fly. Even the 20% disparity was a made up rule and used by the devs to justify clerics having upwards of 60% dps deficit over other classes when they released POA. They had horrible developers for class balance. IE they broke the game with the last round of changes which ommited many guilds from playing content they were playing for almost a year in favor of bring more overpowered classes to clear raids and less classes that were gimped and needed to be carried were obviously punished. Trion devs sabotage their own game to fail in my opinion.
    This is 100% correct. The funny/sad thing is if you wanted to crash a business you could not have done a better job than Trion did. I really hope many of them arent given another shot to have this much responsibility in another game.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Telaran

it's been my opinion (only) that the major problem with rift was lazy devs. rift has a super dedicated player base both with those who never take a break and those who take a break but never drop subscription or patron status. I feel like that devoted player base has been taken advantage of, but I still play the game, keep my patron status, and support the cash shop as best I can.

gamigo would do really well, to keep the quality of the game graphics intact and try their best to take a look especially at new content and class balance. I know they're likely working quietly and internally to get something going, but I'm hoping they soon speak up and show us their intentions. we're hanging on out here, but I don't know for how long.

Rift could become a shining star for gamigo if they give it a chance.

Rogues are currently:

MM BOFORS > MM61 & NB61 >> all

So essentially rogues have one build as well for ST DPS. Problem is that raids have relied for so long on rogue AoE that MM BOFORS is not desirable unless you have mages to do the dirty AoE DPS padding for you.

I say dirty, because all the 1337 players think AoE padding is the debil. This includes all the NB/Sab haters from ye olde days... and yes, it _was_ broken, but so many specs in Rift were and are broken, so...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Rogues are currently:

MM BOFORS > MM61 & NB61 >> all

So essentially rogues have one build as well for ST DPS. Problem is that raids have relied for so long on rogue AoE that MM BOFORS is not desirable unless you have mages to do the dirty AoE DPS padding for you.
    Well that depends really on how many cleavers/passive cleavers you have in a raid.

BOFORS rogues can easily respec and put one Point into an AoE ability and practically make them do the same AoE as a 61 MM. But from what i've experienced raiding in BoS, if you have for an example 1 mage with firestorm and 2 BOFORS killing vindicator, that's enough to kill the adds while doing high ST dmg on the boss.

So yea, BOFOR rogues are desireable
    Last edited by Slaybae; 01-29-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    https://gyazo.com/ae345963423e9df4e70beb9decad7aff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast