+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Eternal Weapon Quest - Taking Power

Soulwalker

Default Eternal Weapon Quest - Taking Power

We tried to get the devs from Trion to remove the Capture Particles part of the quest line, but all they did was nerf the numbers a bit from all of the quest chain.

This Capture Particles is quite silly, and should be removed.
    If I wanted to do that kind of thing, I would play those games on a phone.
    I expect a few negative replies and a bit of trolling, but I am just asking if this can be looked at seriously by the NEW DEVS.
    At least give some thought to players that have no choice, but to play when their ping is over 400ms.
    Last edited by AresAtlas; 01-26-2019 at 01:45 AM.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AresAtlas View Post
    by the NEW DEVS.
    Why you using plural here?
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

We tried to get the devs from Trion to remove the Capture Particles part of the quest line, but all they did was nerf the numbers a bit from all of the quest chain.

This Capture Particles is quite silly, and should be removed.
    If I wanted to do that kind of thing, I would play those games on a phone.
    I expect a few negative replies and a bit of trolling, but I am just asking if this can be looked at seriously by the NEW DEVS.
    At least give some thought to players that have no choice, but to play when their ping is over 400ms.
    I totally agree, those who for medical reasons can not do the quest, we are stuck either allowing another to log into our accounts to do it for us (which breaks the rules), or just stay below accepted dps /stats and not acquire it.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Ascendant

I think it was a good idea to add a task to the game that is not the usual "kill 10 X, gather 10 Y" quest.

So having this sort of puzzle as a daily? Fine. Basing some achievements, a pet, a title, or even a mount on it? Great. But making it a mandatory part of the only weapon you were supposed to use for the complete xpac? Ricidulous.

For the record: I did the 15 first try without reading about the quest or watching a video. 20 took me a bit of practicing, and 25 seem to be impossible. I watched a video by Seshatar, and for some reason there where next to no red bubbles at the ground, while whenever I try it, the last blue bubbles are always surrounded by red ones, which makes it nearly impossible to not touch a red one. Not that I need the 25 (I probably won't ever reach that stage of the Eternal), so I only tried it a couple of times out of curiosity. But if I was interested in seriously advancing my toon and had to get through this endeavour, I definitely would be p*ssed.

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I watched a video by Seshatar, and for some reason there where next to no red bubbles at the ground, while whenever I try it, the last blue bubbles are always surrounded by red ones, which makes it nearly impossible to not touch a red one. Not that I need the 25 (I probably won't ever reach that stage of the Eternal), so I only tried it a couple of times out of curiosity. But if I was interested in seriously advancing my toon and had to get through this endeavour, I definitely would be p*ssed.
    There's 3 different layouts of bubbles. Swap shards if the one you're on doesn't work for you.

I think the challenge is great and I would love to see more stuff like this rather than more grind.

I could agree although, that an additional 2-3 bubbles in the air would be okay to make it a tad bit easier (not so punishing if you miss one) -OR- an additional alternative upgrade path, that then should be very grindy or expensive.

MMORPG suffered mostly by people complaining that stuff is too hard, causing any lack of challenge in the game. I do not agree that everyone should have access to everything without effort.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Shadowlander

Hi Ares, if you need a hand with these send me a tell "andysodandy@laethys" and we can sort something out to get them done

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    Hi Ares, if you need a hand with these send me a tell "andysodandy@laethys" and we can sort something out to get them done

I finished it, no problem. In fact, I have done this on about 10 toons so far, and now I have 3 toons on the EU shard. Thanks anyways for the offer and happy hunting.

I finished it, no problem. In fact, I have done this on about 10 toons so far, and now I have 3 toons on the EU shard. Thanks anyways for the offer and happy hunting.
    It's really intuitive with a well-calibrated gaming mouse -- I use a few of the side thumb buttons to assign the powers they give, and I basically treat it like I would a shooter.
    Mouselook like a champ the view/aim, spam thumb, mouselook, spam thumb, etc.

I found it to be a decent little action-based challenge. Almost out of place in the game, but a refreshingly 'arcadey' mini-challenge.

However, it must be nasty for those with poor ping or sluggish frame-rate. I remember aborting one attempt because I was fluctuating ms a little too variably.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    There's 3 different layouts of bubbles. Swap shards if the one you're on doesn't work for you.
    I tried a while with the current pattern of that day, but when I started to fall out of the area while navigating around the packs of red bubbles at the ground, I lost interest, and moved on.

Thanks for the tip anyway, maybe some day I'll get back to this puzzle.

Soulwalker

Default Eternal Weapon Quest

Dear Devs,

I have been having the same issue with regards to this quest, I have cerebral achromatopsia, and I cannot see red or blue colours, so everytime I jump to the bottom, how ever I see green partials that pop saying I have lost -1.

Someone in the game mentioned that I place a tick in the colourblindness section but unfortunately it does not make any difference ticked or not ticked I still cannot see the cosmic particals.

I am aware their is several people in Typhiria & Gelidra Sufforing for Colourblindness, and there is many of you that have helped them by logging on to their accounts and doing the quest voluntary.

So personally I cannot upgrade my eternal weapons this stops me from furthering my quest-lines,. I hope you can re-arrange the quest lines so we may complete our tasks. otherwise I think I will have to leave this game.

Thank you for listening to my rants.

Katrinia

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Katrinia;5371312]Dear Devs,

I have cerebral achromatopsia, and I cannot see red or blue colours, so everytime I jump to the bottom, how ever I see green partials that pop saying I have lost -1.

I have the same disorder and so do more people than you know but you miraculously can see green? You can't see blue but you can see green. Green. Okay. You're a medical marvel.
    Last edited by Ammortentia; 01-30-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinia View Post
    Dear Devs,

I have been having the same issue with regards to this quest, I have cerebral achromatopsia, and I cannot see red or blue colours, so everytime I jump to the bottom, how ever I see green partials that pop saying I have lost -1.

Someone in the game mentioned that I place a tick in the colourblindness section but unfortunately it does not make any difference ticked or not ticked I still cannot see the cosmic particals.

I am aware their is several people in Typhiria & Gelidra Sufforing for Colourblindness, and there is many of you that have helped them by logging on to their accounts and doing the quest voluntary.

So personally I cannot upgrade my eternal weapons this stops me from furthering my quest-lines,. I hope you can re-arrange the quest lines so we may complete our tasks. otherwise I think I will have to leave this game.

Katrinia
    Sorry to hear it.
    Ask a friend to complete it on your behalf if possible.

Shadowlander

Thumbs up DEVS take note

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinia View Post
    Dear Devs,

Katrinia

I agree with Katrinia & I second this, we have it hard with colours and something seriously needs to be sorted with this program quest line, its okay for persons that dont have our issues but seriously some people are so naive and think they're the only people living in this planet with no colour problems!

I think the new DEVs should get this problem sorted out ASAP so we can also reap the benefits aswell

Even if you make 2 different quest lines with this Eternal quest, but keep it hard so we have also have to see the items but no merely jumping into no mans land and seeing nothing.

I also dont have my Eternal weapon upgraded! So I stopped with trying to move froward in this game and started designing Dimension

This quest is ****ing stupid.
    There are 3 types of people in this world...
    1. People with buttons
    2. People who like to push buttons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast