game has gotten so dead barly anyone left on
    gamigo you know your not gonna do anything to imorove it
    so just shut down all severs let rift die with once of respect left

Ascendant

Would you have anything constructive to add? I might be overlooking it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    Would you have anything constructive to add? I might be overlooking it

What more is there to add, at this point? It's terrible... I would rather them just shut it down, out of respect for the people who came to this game when it first went online. Not let it be remembered in this sad state.

An MMO is only as "good" as its players. There is enough content in the game to keep someone with a single character busy for at least 3 years. You decide which parts of the game you want to experience. I, for one, miss players doing the old legacy stuff. In the 5 years I've been playing this game I've rarely seen posts in the chat along the lines "LFG Primal Feast" or "LFG RR Bloodfire Incursion". I kind of remember Grim Dawn from the chronicles but I've never seen the 20-man version. All people seem to care about these days is farming their eternal weapon to bore themselves to death in the aftermath because they one-hit anything below a T2 raid boss. So please don't say such terrible things as "shut down the servers" but look into your achievements window for all those small things you might have missed rushing to level 70. That's what really makes up a game.

Champion

i think they should do a crowdfunding campaign to help revitalize rift. and to secure it for the near future. it's an expensive game. no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    i think they should do a crowdfunding campaign to help revitalize rift. and to secure it for the near future. it's an expensive game. no doubt.
    I mean if they can do it thats a good opportunity for rift.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Rift Disciple

If some regular person had been handed the game for a token amount of money, in the hopes of keeping it alive, it would totally be worth it. But no. A gaming company bought it. For several millions dollars. They should have the money to not only keep the game running themselves, but also actively develop new stuff.

They are not getting a single penny out of my pocket if they can't show us that they're going to do that. It has been MONTHS since the take-over and they are still, according to the latest article, "planning their 2019 product roadmaps". We have seen absolutely effin ZERO that indicates anything good will happen to this game. A lot of stuff to buy, a lot of broken stuff implemented, and a whole lot of "please wait more".
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 01-27-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If some regular person had been handed the game for a token amount of money, in the hopes of keeping it alive, it would totally be worth it. But no. A gaming company bought it. For several millions dollars. They should have the money to not only keep the game running themselves, but also actively develop new stuff.

They are not getting a single penny out of my pocket if they can't show us that they're going to do that. It has been MONTHS since the take-over and they are still, according to the latest article, "planning their 2019 product roadmaps". We have seen absolutely effin ZERO that indicates anything good will happen to this game. A lot of stuff to buy, a lot of broken stuff implemented, and a whole lot of "please wait more".
    Note that even today, Rift is not included in the list of MMORPG games on Gamigo's website. If they really wanted to do something with Rift, would they not want to try and promote it, at least on their own website?

Rift isn't dead yet but, it is as the Dodo, on the day before the last bird was killed..

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kremmen View Post
    Note that even today, Rift is not included in the list of MMORPG games on Gamigo's website. If they really wanted to do something with Rift, would they not want to try and promote it, at least on their own website?
    neither is Trove, defience2050 , archeage or the other one ... and for that matter trions site is not promoting gamigo's games either. that really dont mean anything. you would be surprised on what companies actually owned what stores in the usa. sears and kmart are actually owned by the same company, you don't see them advertising each others stores in hopes to get more busines. this is not the first time I'm reading something like that here, you really need to stop thinking that all the games are gonna be moved over to their site, that will never happen.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    game has gotten so dead barly anyone left on
    gamigo you know your not gonna do anything to imorove it
    so just shut down all severs let rift die with once of respect left
    I figured as much. But they may have a small collection of players with active patron. It wouldn't be fair to them. Play something else instead of logging in here.

Would that be beneficial with the current company since no one is sure what the currency situation will be once the game transitions to their system?
    Last edited by Sails; 01-27-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Bravo!! Very well said.

I wish more people on this board had your attitude toward playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenos View Post
    An MMO is only as "good" as its players. There is enough content in the game to keep someone with a single character busy for at least 3 years. You decide which parts of the game you want to experience. I, for one, miss players doing the old legacy stuff. In the 5 years I've been playing this game I've rarely seen posts in the chat along the lines "LFG Primal Feast" or "LFG RR Bloodfire Incursion". I kind of remember Grim Dawn from the chronicles but I've never seen the 20-man version. All people seem to care about these days is farming their eternal weapon to bore themselves to death in the aftermath because they one-hit anything below a T2 raid boss. So please don't say such terrible things as "shut down the servers" but look into your achievements window for all those small things you might have missed rushing to level 70. That's what really makes up a game.

Plane Touched

Default The point is not solo play...

To those of you who think a game is made up of players- yes and no. I agree there is more to a game than a grindfest to endgame. I do not agree that a game devoid of population is much of an MMO. I have single player games (Witcher and Skyrim for example) that I enjoy- but my heart is in the MMO genre. Why? Not dimensions, or artifacts, or quests, or chronicles- but for the teaming. I enjoy playing *with* others. I enjoy large raids -even world events- that have 20 or more players that have to do mechanics a certain way in order to down a boss. It is satisfying and that social element is not in solo play. I miss the way our guild used to raid. It was a source of pride and something to look forward to. There is not enough of my guild left to raid now- not even 10 mans- and there are no new raids anyway. Is a game only a raid? No. But equipping, assisting, crafting, and training to raid keeps far more interest in the game- and provides an incentive and interaction with other players not found in dimensions or quests.
    Last edited by Andracleric; 01-29-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Peoples are really blind nowadays, EU side population is died already. So many peoples quit and some peoples are joining known guilds. This is not a solo game this a MMORPG and need content. I'm just jumping in TB all day and checking forum and praying for something new but I know we cant see any kind of new or shiny thing soon. I just dont understand people acting like everything fine and good wtf is your problem ?

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    To those of you who think a game is made up of players- yes and no. I agree there is more to a game than a grindfest to endgame. I do not agree that a game devoid of population is much of an MMO. I have single player games (Witcher and Skyrim for example) that I enjoy- but my heart is in the MMO genre. Why? Not dimensions, or artifacts, or quests, or chronicles- but for the teaming. I enjoy playing *with* others. I enjoy large raids -even world events- that have 20 or more players that have to do mechanics a certain way in order to down a boss. It is satisfying and that social element is not in solo play. I miss the way our guild used to raid. It was a source of pride and something to look forward to. There is not enough of my guild left to raid now- not even 10 mans- and there are no new raids anyway. Is a game only a raid? No. But equipping, assisting, crafting, and training to raid keeps far more interest in the game- and provides an incentive and interaction with other players not found in dimensions or quests.
    I completely agree. This entire expansion has been based mostly on solo grinds and very little on group play.

Group events like Conquest, weekly outdoor boss raids, and 20 man raids are sorely missing from the way the game is today.

If I could make a suggestion to the devs.

There is a lot of content currently in the game that is sitting mostly unused. I think it would be wise to futher refine the mentor system to make the old stuff relevant again. HP totals and dps can still be a bit wacky while mentored.

The system for IR loot is already in the game. Perhaps add some of the old raids to the LFR system, no need to reprogram them, just force mentor players while in the instance. Override the boss loots to work off individual rewards.

Perhaps even add 2 tiers of LFR loot, LFR for 10 man stuff offer T1 rewards for the 20 man stuff.

After that look into adding weekly outdoor boss quests back into the game. Perhaps a different one or two each week. Stuff like Kazz-Ra, Akala, or the PTW Teth ones.

Give the bosses something like a 200m debuff aura that auto mentors players nearby so that it's still a challenge.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-29-2019 at 05:39 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post

Group events like Conquest, weekly outdoor boss raids, and 20 man raids are sorely missing from the way the game is today.

There is a lot of content currently in the game that is sitting mostly unused.

Perhaps add some of the old raids to the LFR system, no need to reprogram them, just force mentor players while in the instance. Override the boss loots to work off individual rewards.

Perhaps even add 2 tiers of LFR loot, LFR for 10 man stuff offer T1 rewards for the 20 man stuff.

After that look into adding weekly outdoor boss quests back into the game.

Give the bosses something like a 200m debuff aura that auto mentors players nearby so that it's still a challenge.
    Holy crow, you literally just provided them with a quite-feasible short term trajectory, if resources for new content are an impossibility.

A lot of smart larger-scale activity already exists, ready to re-activate and calibrate using existing scaling mechanisms. Pretty wise during this popular era of larger-scale competitive online experiences, such as battle royale.

All the tweaks and dial-turning you've mentioned above = something even a 9-10 person team could handle, considering it's content that's already in the development game files they have received in the Trion hand-off.

It's also a broad PvP and PvE mix, which is nice. More warm bodies.

Of all your suggestions, revamping Conquest's rewards/grind/seasons/leaderboards might be the most difficult, as well as general PvP (Port Scion is active again? Yay), but happily the core gameplay and mechanisms, the functioning prototype stats and map changes -- they're all in there somewhere to tweaked.

One imagines that Gamigo sees more $$-generation potential from PvE elements, however. Fair enough. And the current staff situation would probably have an impossible time untangling planned PvP/CQ changes, compared to the PvE roadmap they inherited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast