+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: dead

Default Bye Rift

Played since 2012 sad to see it go.....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silenos View Post
    An MMO is only as "good" as its players. There is enough content in the game to keep someone with a single character busy for at least 3 years. You decide which parts of the game you want to experience. I, for one, miss players doing the old legacy stuff. In the 5 years I've been playing this game I've rarely seen posts in the chat along the lines "LFG Primal Feast" or "LFG RR Bloodfire Incursion". I kind of remember Grim Dawn from the chronicles but I've never seen the 20-man version. All people seem to care about these days is farming their eternal weapon to bore themselves to death in the aftermath because they one-hit anything below a T2 raid boss. So please don't say such terrible things as "shut down the servers" but look into your achievements window for all those small things you might have missed rushing to level 70. That's what really makes up a game.
    The whitest of the white knights! Dude....i'm happy for you! No, really i am! You have found a way to kick the dead horse and have fun with it. You suggest that people should follow your example. Like play a dead game on a dead server but just go out there and enjoy the little things. I believe i am speaking for the majority of rifters out there when i say that most casual and hardcore players have already done that. They went back to all zones, completed all achievements, have done the most boring and time consuming stuff you can ever imagine just to do something with their time in their favourite game while they wait for SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. I can continue rambling on and on like most beta rifters out there but i think everything has been said already about the state of the game. I'll just say that you would be an excellent PR staff for gamigo and you should send a CV already. /salute

I think EU is literally death. I dont know NA tho how is population on NA nowadays ? On EU everyone is sitting afk in TB kinda

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

That explains why we have seen Euros playing alts on NA servers. Seeing more and more pugging into raids lately. Nice to have new faces, but sheesh, I thought NA was dead, but I guess EU is far gone.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Champion

Exclamation all forgotten

you all for getting one thing
    gamgi bought trion for ARK AGe and trove
    they never wanted rift in the frist place..
    rift is just left over baggage that their dead with by bleeding it for what lft it has in it then shut it down for ever. and I hope that is soon so RIFT

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Linakis View Post
    I'll just say that you would be an excellent PR staff for gamigo and you should send a CV already. /salute
    Whiteknighting kept Rift afloat for a long time. This person is just incapable of getting the memo. Doesn't mean everyone else is blind. And good pr isn't based in complete delusion.
    Last edited by Sails; 02-05-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    gamgi bought trion for ARK age and trove
    they never wanted rift in the frist place..
    rift is just left over baggage that their dead with by bleeding it for what lft it has in it then shut it down for ever. and I hope that is soon Rift RIP
    While practically unintelligible, I do appreciate the point:

One wonders how many Pat/Prime subs they inherited in the deal, and if there's some strategy there to just sit on them and collect, pad that trickle with a handful of cash store additions to encourage sales, and once it all falls below a 'Basic Operational Level' revenue, Rift is finally terminated.

Champion

Default true

we all the facts ahrch age and trove all gamigo wanted
    they let rift stay on line for while longer so they milk it for ever last dollor they can get out it then BANG rift RIP

To be honest I only login anymore for two reasons:

1) I see nothing I want to move to full time yet (I am a serial MMOnogamist).
    2) I find it interesting to see the death of an MMO from the inside. I missed out on this with SWG because I was out before NGE hit.

Rift is barely on life support and the DNR^ is all but signed (might have been signed already, but it's not like they'd tell us).

^ Do Not Resuscitate - cos someone was going to ask.
    Last edited by Linolea; 02-05-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Champion

Default hole

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    To be honest I only login anymore for two reasons:

1) I see nothing I want to move to full time yet (I am a serial MMOnogamist).
    2) I find it interesting to see the death of an MMO from the inside. I missed out on this with SWG because I was out before NGE hit.

Rift is barely on life support and the DNR^ is all but signed (might have been signed already, but it's not like they'd tell us).

^ Do Not Resuscitate - cos someone was going to ask.
    the hole has ben dug.. its to late save rift now.. just toss it in and covre it up..found and farewell to rift... send to its finaly resting place

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    game has gotten so dead barly anyone left on
    gamigo you know your not gonna do anything to imorove it
    so just shut down all severs let rift die with once of respect left
    Is dead as an Elvis players kill it,not the devs.

Ascendant

I wonder if Rift would've turned out a bit better if they did a real Rift Classic and not the Rift Prime instead.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by upgradeyd View Post
    Is dead as an Elvis players kill it,not the devs.
    Elvis is not dead, he's just on vacation!!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    I wonder if Rift would've turned out a bit better if they did a real Rift Classic and not the Rift Prime instead.
    No it wouldn't have. People only wanted classic/prime because of the poor direction rift took after it went free to play. Especially the last 18 months where a lot of grinding and RNG was introduced with things like planar fragments and eternal weapons.

Thumbs down Interesting Points

I like Rift, I got it and enjoyed it when It first came out. One it became FTP it turned into a money grab and lost all interest.

Gone are the days where you can sub a game and able to buy and sell with coin you looted from bodies or chests. Now you have to buy specialty items with cash and/or purchase REX. Curious to know what all my coin is for.

15 different types of currency, a store filled with items to boost your character, showing that in game items from defeating bosses/rifts are not worth anything to improve your character.

Most of patches are focused on dimension and dimensional items, got forbid anyone should be able to complete invasions quests in Silverwood where the quest objects spawns once every three years (ok, little exaggeration), but I have fire rift quest yet to complete since I bought the game because the boss won't spawn.

Again, I like Rift. It's still better than anything I've played as far as MMO's go, but a little more attention to quests and gameplay rather than cosmetic costumes and dimensional homes which I don't even yet understand what they are for or why I need one.

Make gold worth something again. Quick bugging paying customer to purchase shards, or rex coin when they are already paying for a sub.

I realize the devs won't see this any since I am only 1 voice, nothing will change, so there will not be a new sub for me.
    Last edited by Garlos; 02-17-2019 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Typo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast