+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player could use some help/info

Smile Returning Player could use some help/info

Hello all,

I haven't really played RIFT since late 2012 ish I believe. I played when the game was new for a while then took a break then came back for a tiny bit. Anyway, I am so friggin lost. I got the ascendant pack and did a month patron. I'm currently 61 having just hit that level. I've been wandering around the plane of water I believe. Is there a main city? When I logged in as level 60 a few days ago I was in Tempest Bay. I've also seen basically zero other players while wandering and questing.

I'd also love help on the best level 60-61 warrior leveling spec. I'm currently a dual wielding paragon thingy. No idea if its good or not and I'm so out of my element here. Any advice at this point would be good.
    Coming back to RIFT and would like to find a decent guild.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Massiveaaron View Post
    Any advice at this point would be good.
    Tempest Bay is still the main city, despite being from an old expansion. For Plane of Water, Margle Palace and the area around it in Draumheim will be the closest thing to a new hub, but it's far far worse than TB. Same goes for Alittu when you get to the Celestial Lands at 65+, TB still wins.

With my Warrior I went Reaver. I've always loved the Unholy Death Knight in WoW and Reaver is pretty close to what that should be like. Lowlevel Reaver isn't much different from the level 70 specs with Legendary points, so you can still play it pretty well if you want to. Pretty much any damagedealing spec works pre-65, but once you get to 66, you should definitely use one of the dedicated specs with Legendary points and guides and whatnot. Go dig through the Warrior forums for current specs that suit your needs. Keep in mind, some of them require Eternal Weapon to work AT ALL, but most are just fine with minor adjustments. You'll learn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Tempest Bay is still the main city, despite being from an old expansion. For Plane of Water, Margle Palace and the area around it in Draumheim will be the closest thing to a new hub, but it's far far worse than TB. Same goes for Alittu when you get to the Celestial Lands at 65+, TB still wins.

With my Warrior I went Reaver. I've always loved the Unholy Death Knight in WoW and Reaver is pretty close to what that should be like. Lowlevel Reaver isn't much different from the level 70 specs with Legendary points, so you can still play it pretty well if you want to. Pretty much any damagedealing spec works pre-65, but once you get to 66, you should definitely use one of the dedicated specs with Legendary points and guides and whatnot. Go dig through the Warrior forums for current specs that suit your needs. Keep in mind, some of them require Eternal Weapon to work AT ALL, but most are just fine with minor adjustments. You'll learn fast.
    Thanks! I guess I'll stop wandering to find a main city and just bind to TB again then get to some serious leveling. I'll have to figure out "legendary points" and "Eternal Weapons". The last time I played it was subscription based and not patron this and weird store that with all these different currencies, awards, etc. Going from "vanilla" RIFT to what it is now is super overwhelming.

The Reaver spec is it dual wield, two hander, or anything? I remember I had a weird warrior spec that was a two hander with a pet then it changed to a dual wielding spec because those were parsed to be the best DPS.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Massiveaaron View Post
    Going from "vanilla" RIFT to what it is now is super overwhelming.
    Pffft, nonsense, nothing has really changed in 6-7 years

Most Warrior specs play as 2h now, due to Eternal Weapon. A few of them are dualwield and of course tanking is still sword&board style.

Eternal Weapon is a weapon you can get for your chosen class at level 70. It starts out as a Blue quality weapon and can then, through various tasks and quests (aka Grinding), be upgraded through several stages of Purple and finally 2 stages of Teal which means Eternal. For Warriors it's a 2h sword, mages a staff, clerics a 2h hammer, primalists gets a 2h axe and rogues, just to be the odd ones of the family, gets a single 1h sword. As you achieve the final Purple stage, you can do a quest to recieve a sword&board for warriors, mace&board for clerics and a second 1h sword for rogues to even things out.

Legendary points.... Open your Talent window. Look on the right side. You have Masteries, selecting one at each level from 61 to 65. Now look on your normal talent trees. See the very top talent of each tree has a different border that the others? And at the bottom, with all the abilities, some of them has that same border? Those can be made into Legendary versions of those abilities. Read tooltip to see what difference there is between normal and legendary and you'll see why you want some of them. In most cases it is a massive performance increase for each point and you get 5 in total.You can split them as either 3 in main and 2 in secondary or 3 in main and 1 in each of the other trees. This is the new system in place of more Masteries or even more silly talent points that add 1% crit or something.

I suggest you check out https://www.cadrift.net/ simply because there is a newbie guide right smack on the frontpage for both gearing up and getting the weapon. Again, check forums for relevant specs when hitting 70, but most of all, don't worry too much about performance for now.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 01-07-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Pffft, nonsense, nothing has really changed in 6-7 years

Most Warrior specs play as 2h now, due to Eternal Weapon. A few of them are dualwield and of course tanking is still sword&board style.

Eternal Weapon is a weapon you can get for your chosen class at level 70. It starts out as a Blue quality weapon and can then, through various tasks and quests (aka Grinding), be upgraded through several stages of Purple and finally 2 stages of Teal which means Eternal. For Warriors it's a 2h sword, mages a staff, clerics a 2h hammer, primalists gets a 2h axe and rogues, just to be the odd ones of the family, gets a single 1h sword. As you achieve the final Purple stage, you can do a quest to recieve a sword&board for warriors, mace&board for clerics and a second 1h sword for rogues to even things out.

Legendary points.... Open your Talent window. Look on the right side. You have Masteries, selecting one at each level from 61 to 65. Now look on your normal talent trees. See the very top talent of each tree has a different border that the others? And at the bottom, with all the abilities, some of them has that same border? Those can be made into Legendary versions of those abilities. Read tooltip to see what difference there is between normal and legendary and you'll see why you want some of them. In most cases it is a massive performance increase for each point and you get 5 in total.You can split them as either 3 in main and 2 in secondary or 3 in main and 1 in each of the other trees. This is the new system in place of more Masteries or even more silly talent points that add 1% crit or something.

I suggest you check out https://www.cadrift.net/ simply because there is a newbie guide right smack on the frontpage for both gearing up and getting the weapon. Again, check forums for relevant specs when hitting 70, but most of all, don't worry too much about performance for now.
    Thanks for all the info and help! I just found the boos to 65 and did that. Then checked out the reaver spec and it seems to be doing really well. I think I'm going to enjoy RIFT again for sure!

+ Reply to Thread