+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: RIFT and it's Future

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I think not only Rift, but most of Trion's former IPs are a dire situation, but there are intentions to continue development and keep the games running. There are things that were and are in the works behind the scenes, but it's harder to peel back the grapevine in terms of what's going on with development as we likely won't see the same type of interaction between devs and players that we've been used to all of these years. In my person opinion I think it will last, but the second part of the question is hard to answer as it really just depends on how they go about releasing content and what type of content it is. There's quite a few mmos out there (EQ1 being the best example) that still live on with a healthy population and regular content updates.

As for your other question, that discussions has already been taking place here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ns-update.html if you really want to hear peoples opinions. It's better to post there and keep the discussion focused in one spot so it's easier for CMs and Devs to read through.
    Yes well, there is no comparison between the two mmo's as much as we would want to. People still play EQ after 20 years not just because it's EQ but because they get new content all the time. They keep playing it because they have 123142 zones, 43524323 dungeons and 524523321 raids in those 20 expansions.

Soulwalker

There's like 10 other threads on this. You felt the need to start a new one?

Rift is whatever you want it to be.

If you want to jump ship, jump.
    If you want to stay, stay.
    If you want to stop being a patron, then stop.
    If you want to continue to be a patron, then continue to be a patron

It's seriously THAT easy. Jesus Christ, people. Making a mountain out of a molehill here.

In recent years, Rift has been worsened by "mass instead of class" content Total. The blame lies with those who constantly scream for new content, but then just stand around again. They are responsible for what happens with Rift.
    I will continue to pay for the game and hope that Rift will survive me.

I am missing a survey from the new team since they obviously took over a game which is not on its hight but with a playerbase which is Steiff-style willing to stand through stuff, very honest on what they like and dislike and even when taking a content related break comes back frequently to see whats new.

Also having a open priority-ticket from 1+ month ago
    Last edited by Shas; 01-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWolf00 View Post
    Hello, this is my first forum post I played Rift a lot back in 2015-2016 and as the years have gone on I have been playing off and on and have watched the population decrease. I got curious about the whole Trion selling their games to Gamigo and that whole thing. But now honestly i'm wondering for your opinions with these questions.

Do you think Rift will last? If so for how long?

My personal opinion on this matter is with the state the game as it stands. Along with our answers to questions being sort of pushed off? I do not think Rift will be around for that much longer. Especially when the devs said they are going to start working on "Quality of life" rather than new content. Although who knows we may get some new great content we all can enjoy!

Do you think the shard merges will help or not help the game?

Personally I believe the server merges will help and not help. It will help with the way maybe shards will not seem so dead, although one of the downsides in my opinion is with merging shards from EU and NA, you may have some language barriers. Although i'm sure you can get around it.

Feel free to share your personal opinions, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!!

-Darkness
    While a business as Trion or whomever is running it now, may say they have a future for Rift.. But, There' a better gain in a minus than a subtained minium gain.

Soulwalker

Default need some changes....

i am playing rift for 6 years (more or less) i was a patron too (when i have money to spend), but i thing this game need to reconstruct again in directx 10 (at least) to be survive, and it must have some huge updates (like A NEW Expansion with flying mounts). Then, yes it will be Great again.
    and don't make people to pay patron to can play Rift Prime. and this is not change, this is a thing like , i am out off money and ideas let get some old backup live and named it Prime. There is no one on-line in these days, there is times that all on-line players know its other, because they play the same dungeon alone... I play from Greece with ping 69. FROM GREECE for God sake in America server.
    Last edited by sofian; 01-09-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Another expansion? What are you playing? The last two expansions including souls are unfinished and again a cry for a new expansion. Leave the church in the village and dedicate yourself to reality.

At least 3 month passed and we dont even know which devs are working for rift ( I asked Tidbitz guy about 20 times ). Why we are not seeing rift stream btw ? Is trove, archeage and defiance golden boy for gamigo ?

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1957 View Post
    In recent years, Rift has been worsened by "mass instead of class" content Total. The blame lies with those who constantly scream for new content, but then just stand around again. They are responsible for what happens with Rift.
    I will continue to pay for the game and hope that Rift will survive me.
    Yeah there has been a lot of wrong directions but you can't blame the screamers they don't publish the game and write code. You have to look straight at Trion for not realizing the people screaming are the outliers.

BMX
    Rift Master

A future will cease to be if we stay on the current coarse. Something significant needs to be on the front burner which has not been obvious to date. Beauty pageants and neglecting to update between world events is evidence to the state of Telara.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1957 View Post
    Another expansion? What are you playing? The last two expansions including souls are unfinished and again a cry for a new expansion. Leave the church in the village and dedicate yourself to reality.
    Only a new expansion could give some life to the game.

Rift need new content and a new communication campaign. Only an expansion can attract again palyers to the game.

PoA is in a bad state, it would be better to create something new instead of trying to repare the actual content.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Only a new expansion could give some life to the game.

Rift need new content and a new communication campaign. Only an expansion can attract again palyers to the game.

PoA is in a bad state, it would be better to create something new instead of trying to repare the actual content.
    Since there are no developers left who know the engine and the conditions of the game well enough to produce a new expansion in the next 3 years this will not happen.

Rift is based on the outdated Gamebryo engine which hasn't been developed for several years. In the next year probably the new consoles will come on the market which will increase the demands of many players on modern game/graphics engines.

It makes no economic sense to hire a complete new development team to produce a new expansion for an outdated game engine and dying game. Rift doesn't have enough popularity compared to other brands in the MMORPG market that would be worth this financial risk.
    Last edited by Bamul; 01-16-2019 at 05:05 AM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Bamul, Lars Buttler and crew spent 50m developing what we would come to know as RIFT. That was a major gamble that the market would pick up on it as a Sub2Play title back in the day.

If there was an entire rework of this game including a new or reworked engine, that could indeed be reproduced however, the man hours and initial investment would be significant. Can it be done successfully? Obviously... Are the right people in place? No. Is the funding there? Not at the moment. Interestingly, Gamigo has leveraged Golden Gate in excess of 32m. With that said, they have to pull a rabbit out of a hat at this point to make any form of payment on that balance.

What needs to be left out is the GAMBLING FETISH of Trion past.
    What needs to be included is VALUE to the PLAYER.
    The RIFT title redone on a modern engine could be awesome however, it absolutely MUST be based upon the foundation of the original game release.
    Anything else would likely be a chapter 7 in progress.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2