+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Greetings ascended!

The team is looking into reworking the daily reward calendar in an effort to give more of a fresh look to the feature for our community. We decided to gather feedback directly from our players. Please post in the comments the rewards you would like to see in the revamped version.

Please, keep in mind that not all items are eligible for daily rewards and that not all suggestions will make it in the final version.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

The RIFT team
    Last edited by Tidbitz; 01-04-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Telaran

At the end of the calendar you could maybe add an epic artifact loot bag. (That grants one or two epics for sure)

Or some of the current upgrade items such as tenebrean engine, stellar trigger or cosmic trigger.

A big bag full of Planarite.

One very helpful thing would for sure be to unbind the mounts so they can be sold!

Regards
    Last edited by Baelger; 01-04-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Shadowlander

Hello! I think it's a good idea to update the calendar, I like the last updates that were done, the planarite and the trove of mounts are really nice. I also like the little bits of mats and artis we get as well.

I would like Day 12 and 16 to be changed in some way, possibly to give Tenebrean Engines or a Storm Cell instead of Mark of Prophecies for level 70. Also, could Day 11 be changed to give 1 Sigil of Valor, so that we can choose what notoriety we get?
    Day 1 and 8 are kind of irrelevant, even in open world, I never use the food or drinks, I just heal up with my level 65 mastery, or just plain don't get that low in health. So I would suggest changing them to a Planar Essence Removal Device and then I don't know, maybe a few Prize Tickets?
    And lastly, Day 5 and Day 20 could use an update in my opinion, maybe swapping the Void Stones to Tower Fragments, and the Sack of Currency being updated to something more relevant like Captured Intel or Legion Datagrams.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to seeing a few changes. Have a great day!
    Last edited by Hersheykisses; 01-04-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    May the frogue be with you.

Soulwalker

A day 14 trove of companion pets might be a fun option. Or potentially add in a trove of minions?

Soulwalker

Tenebrean Engines. Celestial Matrixes. Epic Artifacts. And the occasional bag of credits!

Telaran

one free lvl up for a fragment
    or
    one frag of ur choice

example : stalwart
    Last edited by promico; 01-04-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JosuaLackhand View Post
    A day 14 trove of companion pets might be a fun option. Or potentially add in a trove of minions?
    would have to agree.. also love the random trove mount at the end.. wouldn't say no to unlimited stack amount for same item stacks

the foods/ drinks aren't really needed i think as a reward

Telaran

More Affinity, more crafting marks, more planarite, a random companion crate, perhaps some rare dimension items.
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

Gar
    Soulwalker

Default Daily Calendar

I would like to see days 1, 5, and 12 changed. Day 12 could be trove of companions (like trove of mounts), day 5 could be storm cells or tenebrean engines (also make the engines bound to account, would make many happy) and day 1 could be something else that people suggest.

The artifact bags could be changed to give you artifact(s) you don't have - I'm told this is possible

Items of value to high end raiders: Storm cell, stellar trigger or cosmic trigger. bound to account for happiest results. Celestial Matrixes I suppose.

> trove of companion pets
    Agree, as long as it's ones I don't have

> trove of minions
    Agree, as long as it's ones I don't have (.. which is not many)

> A big bag full of Planarite.
    This exists, ya? It's like 40k worth

> Planar Essence Removal Device
    Disagree here. Due to the devaluation of runes and the amount of free rune unsocketing devices, I'm up to 66(!) of them in my bank. And without PERDs on the calendar, I'm at 28 in my bank.

> the occasional bag of credits
    Lol good one

> one frag of ur choice
    If I can get CP Death frags without guard ... sure

> more crafting marks
    Please no more there, I have dozens of Very Large Bags of Crafting Marks because at some point you get all the recipes you need and marks become pointless
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 01-04-2019 at 12:12 PM.

First, it's important to list out for people what the rewards are so they don't need to tab back and forth in game Down below are the days items/days in order.

1. Drinks
    2. Rune Unsocketing Apparatus
    3. Opie's artifact Stash (Green)
    4. Very Large Bag of Crafting Marks
    5. Void Stones
    6. Harvesting Resource Bundle
    7. Affinity
    8. Food Bundle
    9. Sack of Dungeon Currency
    10. Opie'ss Artifact Stash (Blue)
    11. Notoriety Grab Bag
    12. Upgrade Component Bag
    13. Hunting Resource Bundle
    14. Individual Reward Charge
    15. Trove of the Feast
    16. Bundle of Upgrade Components
    17. Opie's Artifact Stash (Epic)
    18. Mystical Resource Bundle
    19. Primal Planarite Cache
    20. Large sack of Currency
    21. Trove of Mounts

Relevancy
    An issue with the calendar is that its rewards were never kept up to date, especially for the days that reward currency. They're not rewarding in the least bit to the majority of players. As an example - Anytime a new raid tier comes out, it would be nice to reward currency for the previous tier to help people catch up. This is an especially nice reward for newer/returning players that are still catching up.

Chase Items
    Chase items (like the Trove of Mounts) should always be kept towards the end of the calendar so this may change based on what peoples suggestions are / what the devs actually implement based on said suggestions.

Now lets go through each individual reward: Brace yourself!

Day 1 - Drinks
    This either needs to be removed completely as a lot of people simply don't use them or add in an updated drink that gives more hp and mana back. The numbers for players have grown exponentially since Pyrewater was introduced and it would be nice to have something that gives HP back faster. Lowering the cost on buying them from the vendor (via the store) would be nice too.

Day 2 - Rune Unsocketing Apparatus
    Fine. It has its uses

Day 3, 10 and 17 - Opi's Artifact Stash
    Roughraptors had created some tech that made so people can get artifacts that they don't already have from these stashes. Putting that tech to use for these rewards would be nice and benefit artifact collectors.

Day 4 - Very Large Bag of Crafting marks
    Fine

Day 5 - Void Stones
    Not useful - Turn these into Celestial Remnants or Capture Intel.

Day 6, 13 and 18 - Resource Bundles
    I think these should all just be combined into one bigger bundle that gives all 3 to make room for some other new rewards for those days.

Day 7 - Affinity
    Fine

Day 8 - Food Bundle
    See Day 1

Day 9 - Sack of Dungeon Currency
    Tower fragments are not used for anything remotely useful that isn't easily replaced (in regard to gear) by anything you can get with captured Intel. The only thing it's semi useful for are palanar Fragment boxes and those areeguably aren't worth buying either as getting what you actually need/want from them is astronomically low. Not to mention the team has no idea what they're doing with planar fragments going forward which makes this even less useful. Replace it with some Previous Raid Tier currency or even current. Ethereal Shards and Datagrams respectively.

Day 11 - Notoriety Grab Bag
    Only give out current expansion Notoriety. In this case it would be 4.0 only

Day 12 - Upgrade Component Bag
    Replace marks of Prophecy with Stellar and Cosmic Triggers

Day 14 - Individual Reward Charge
    Give one of these instead:

Day 16 - Bundle of Upgrade Components
    This just gives the same exact reward as Day 12. Replace it with something different reward wise or give it the same rewards as I mentioned for Day 12.

Day 19 - Planarite Cache
    This has its uses and I don't know off the top of my head how much it gives, but giving a lot more is always better considering how much of it you need to upgrade crafted gear. Give it a significant Increase.

Day 20 - Large Sack of Currency
    Fine

Day 21 - Trove of Mounts
    I do think that if prime is inevitably going to be merged back into the live servers/population, It would be nice to copy over primes version of the trove so that mounts can be sold/traded. A lot of people get copies of the same mount that they are have due to the way the system works. Mounts with different names can still share the same skin as another mount and the system counts it as a different mount than you already have for that reason. It wasn't something that could be changed in the short term so I think bringing over the prime version would make more people happier.

New Reward Suggestions

Wardrobe Bundles - We don't have the same system on Live that Prime has where you get wardrobe bundles from everything and can trade/sell them to other people. Getting a random bundle from the calendar that you can also trade/sell would create a new market and help people get some cool looking items for their characters. Premium Bundles should also be included in this.

Transcendent Trove of Boosts - This would be a nice incentive towards the end of the calendar to keep people logging in.

Relic / Transcendent Dimension Box - Giving a box for dimensioneers that contains a random relic / Transcendent dimension item would be nice for those who enjoy building. It also adds more potential platinum flow for those looking to buy/sell.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head for now.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-04-2019 at 01:15 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Complete list of my thoughts as of right now on the Daily Rewards Calendar

Day 1: Next to useless for all of my characters, don't know what to change this to.
    Day 2: I have a mountain of these but I guess new players can use them
    Day 3: Decent
    Day 4: Useful for newer crafters
    Day 5: Useless, why isn't this a relevant currency from this expansion. Captured Intel maybe or Tower Fragments
    6: Fine as is
    Day 7: Fine as is
    Day 8: Same as Day 1, useless to all of my characters and unsure of what to change it to.
    Day 9: This is okay in my opinion Tower Fragments are useful for acquiring those pesky missing planar fragments we all need.
    Day 10: I'm all for free artifacts
    Day 11: A Sigil of Valor would be 1000 times better so we can choose which notoriety we get.
    Day 12: This should be updated to give Tenebrean Engines an upgrade component that is actually useful for newer level 70s
    Day 13: Fine as is
    Day 14: More useful for freshly gearing 70s but i think this is fine as it is
    Day 15: Fine as is
    Day 16: This should be updated to give a Storm Cell to keep endgame players interested in Calendar rewards
    Day 17: again free artifacts are fine by me, wouldn't mind actually if the quality/ammount of Day 3, 10 and 17s artifacts were increased just a bit..
    Day 18: Fine as is
    Day 19: Fine as is
    Day 20: Should be updated to give a relevant currency that the playerbase actually wants like Captured Intel.
    Day 21: Fine as is

The only days that I don't feel are useless to me currently as an endgame player are days that give me crafting materials (Days 6, 13, and 18), days that give me artifacts (Days 3, 10, 17), the Primal Planarite Cache from Day 19, the Trove of Mounts from day 21, and maybe day 14's Individual Rewards Charges if I've been active enough in my DRR Essence RNG farming. That's less then half the calendar rewards I'm looking forward to getting currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

Day 9 - Sack of Dungeon Currency
    Tower fragments are not used for anything remotely useful that isn't easily replaced (in regard to gear) by anything you can get with captured Intel. The only thing it's semi useful for are palanar Fragment boxes and those areeguably aren't worth buying either as getting what you actually need/want from them is astronomically low. Not to mention the team has no idea what they're doing with planar fragments going forward which makes this even less useful. Replace it with some Previous Raid Tier currency or even current. Ethereal Shards and Datagrams respectively.
    I'm just going to disagree since I have alts that need T1 death frags and the boxes are the only way to get them, and this is a way to get Tower Fragments without having to do dungeons.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Telaran

I'm sure this will be the most unpopular suggestion but if you aren't a patron remove the calendar. patron is pretty undervalued at this point and it would be a nice perk to people who want to be patrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I'm just going to disagree since I have alts that need T1 death frags and the boxes are the only way to get them, and this is a way to get Tower Fragments without having to do dungeons.
    Right, but you're about as likely to get a T1 death fragment as you are from doing anything else which is the point I was trying to make. At that point you might as well just make improvements to the fragment system in general (if they intend to keep it) and add something else more useful to the reward calendar. Tower fragments are really easy to get as it is precisely because they're not used for anything else. Dungeon gear can be brought up, but people will and have been skipping straight into LFR for a long time now.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast