+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree128Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    It shouldn't be raid consumables. It should be a currency that they can use to purchase raid consumables so that you can spend it on what you need. Some people may not need certain upgrade parts and would like to use that currency on more of the other upgrade parts. It is also more future proofing in this way since they won't really have to update the calendar as they add new upgrade parts. Instead they can just add all the new parts to the shop and have it a 1 to 1 trade for the parts they need.
    except every new tier requires a newly introduced currency, it simply has to be changed in the calendar, but don't ever expect the top tier upgrades or currencies to be released before at least one guild on each shard has obtained full max min gear to the current standard

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings ascended!

The team is looking into reworking the daily reward calendar

The RIFT team
    I really liked the Prime calendar, it was relevant.
    Change up the currency.
    Have perhaps one piece of gear even a random greater planar essence.. rng for the lesser as most times appearing.
    Reputation token rather than random
    Perhaps dust off some relics of the past for dimension addicts.. no love found for dimension addicts in the calendar (yes I am one).
    Pets in Prime calendar.. yes! Mounts as well, please keep that.

Perhaps a mystery box, relevant to that 'main' or if has already.. please make it so we can pass to alt

Perhaps a X day(s) patron to get new players (and old) a chance to see what patron can do to help character(s), this can randomly appear in event calendars

please make all items account bound even when opened.. sad when you have to destroy.. just sad

Cheers,
    have fun selecting!
    Liltam

(Yes, I am aware that I repeated a few suggestions: aggregated info, ty)

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    except every new tier requires a newly introduced currency, it simply has to be changed in the calendar, but don't ever expect the top tier upgrades or currencies to be released before at least one guild on each shard has obtained full max min gear to the current standard
    That is the problem you have to keep changing the calendar and they don't do it successfully at all. In this case you don't have to change it in the calendar just not put the raid upgrade part for conversion on the store at all until the content is outdated and there is a new active raid tier in progress. You can use the same token that you get in the calendar to purchase the gear upgrade for each individual tier so you can even stay with the upgrade path or move to the next. Obviously, you don't want to put the gear upgrade for the tier that is top on the store at all until the next tier is out for some time and getting actively ran and completed. Don't know how else to explain it. Seems pretty easy to understand. Let us say Tier 3 is the last Raid for this expansion. The upgrade part will probably come in at the last month or two to trade on the store before a refresh comes in to help those who had poor RNG get those parts upgraded before new Xpac causes them to refresh their gear anyway.

Expert Dungeon Upgrade Part
    LFG Tier 1 RaidEZmode Upgrade Part 3months After release Dungeon Upgrade part appears in store
    Tier 1 Raid Upgrade Part 3 months after release LFG Upgrade Part appears in store
    LFG Tier 2 RaidEzmode Upgrade Part Etc
    Tier 2 Raid Upgrade Part ect
    LFG Tier 3 RaidEZmode ect
    Tier 3 Raid 2 months before new expansion is predicted these upgrade parts appear in store

Honestly, it was sort of like this before but they implemented so wrong. They basically turned raids into ezmode which was a lot more work to do and increased drop rates which only benefited those in end with good RNG.

The best implementation is Ezmode to Normal Mode with a toggle to switch some bosses to hard mode and individual loot system that encourages players to play and do activities in Open world together for the charges like on Prime. They will have to eliminate the Individual Reward charge purchase or limit purchases of it at least so people stop PTW and participate in actual game though. Like something of only being able to purchase 20 individual charges per month of something like that so it isn't SO pay to win but it would still make a profit.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 04-05-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Daily Calendar revamp

Update the currencies. Keep the mounts but make them available to trade or sell, and add in the rare and currently unobtainable mounts that have been available in the past. Change artifact rewards to give artifacts the character can use/doesn't have. Add minions and pets. Add gear that will be an upgrade to the character redeeming. Add loyalty and affinity.

Telaran

Well i got over 4 million void stones so they are worthless.Also i have 1677 artifact sets so basically its just from the Community meta i need plus those 3 nightmare sets that aren't in game Nightmare 8 9 and 10 the only other set is the pants on fire which is up in Battle Pass now. Minions would be nice i got 245 so another 5 woulds be handy to get achievement. Storm Cells would be very nice. At this moment in time only thing worth anything to me is the mount trove.
    Last edited by Hagina; 04-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Shadowlander

I believe they should re-vamp the entire structure, most of those items we cannot use anymore, I think Rift is living in the stoneage and they havent found the right person to sort out the junk. I believe personally they will never tackle this issue, they will however create another issue making us to have to pay for our quests missions, I believe this game is ready to say good bye to everyone soon. I think its time for all your gamers to find another game to play.

put ethereal shards in or captured intel instead of void stones/celestial remnants.

And how many marks of prophecy can you need?

Soulwalker

How about we get rid of the "calendar" altogether? I mean seriously nearly everything on there is hopelessly outdated and useless.

Instead replace it with a wheel of fortune, load it up with plat, cosmetics, some rare items etc.
    every day (and I mean every day not 21 out of 28) you get a free roll (more could be purchased with credits perhaps?) every roll awards the item you win and a reward credit and then have a menu filled with items from everyone's suggestions in this thread, you have 5 months of them at this point and not a thing done with it.

Not only does this create a potential revenue stream, but players will get the items they actually need and are relevant to them. This also would add a bit of excitement to logging in maybe I win 500 plat, maybe today is the day i have the reward charges for those sparkly wings, or maybe I will get the 1 in a million roll on that Golden elephant mount that is obnoxiously big and only winnable on the wheel to show off my unique basically one of a kind item.

We had a similar system where you could buy a chance to get specific things..

It was called lockbox

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8