+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree98Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    Right after they hire the humans required to actually implement a game's development schedule.

Moreover, new owners should have the capability to grow the game, not regurgitate existing content endlessly as an excuse to run a microtransaction shop.
    Why should they? Flipping the occasional switch involves much less risk and has a much higher profit margin than trying to revive an old MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Why should they? Flipping the occasional switch involves much less risk and has a much higher profit margin than trying to revive an old MMORPG.
    Fair enough, but that means players need to take a good, hard look at what future gameplay entails for them in Rift.

Not to mention, how willingly they toss their money into a malfunctioning wishing well.

Soulwalker

Default Daily Calendar Reward Program

1. Rare White Dimension Item
    2. Rare Green Dimension Item
    3. Rare Blue Dimension Item.
    4. Opie's artifact Stash (Purple)
    5. Rare Purple Dimension Item
    6. Rare Gold Dimension Item
    7. Planarite Cache
    8. Rare Dimension Item
    9. Sack of Raid Currency
    10. Rare Blue Dimension Item
    11. Trove of Mounts (Blue)
    12. Large sack of Storm Cells
    13. Rare Red Dimension Item
    14. Box Individual Reward Charges x5
    15. Rare Gold Dimension Item
    16. Notoriety Grab Bag (we choose)
    17. Opie's Artifact Stash (Gold)
    18. Rare Red Dimension Item
    19. Eternal Accessorises LvL 70 (Low Levels - A good Gold item suited for there level)
    20. Rare Purple Dimension Item
    21. Trove of Mounts (Gold)

Rest of the other items which like Food and drink are useless .. reason because we can make them ourselves, most of the time we don't even really use them when Skill is in order!

Thank you for listening and do us all proud and make me a Rare Red Dimension item more

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JCTCOM View Post
    7. Planarite Cache
    8. Rare Dimension Item
    9. Sack of Raid Currency
    19. Eternal Accessorises LvL 70 (Low Levels - A good Gold item suited for there level)

Rest of the other items which like Food and drink are useless .. reason because we can make them ourselves, most of the time we don't even really use them when Skill is in order!

Thank you for listening and do us all proud and make me a Rare Red Dimension item more
    Good reflection of current state of rift - only dimensions and artifacts
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JCTCOM View Post
    7. Planarite Cache
    8. Rare Dimension Item
    9. Sack of Raid Currency

go away with that dim fetish
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Prophet of Telara

Well this all feels a bit like rearranging deckchairs on the titanic...

Anyway, one man's trash is another man's treasure: I actually really -like- the large bag of crafting marks. I do agree that things need to be updated to the latest expansion however. Perhaps scale things to the character that accepts the gift. So if it's a level 20 then Void stones and mathos notoriety are appropriate. If it's level 68 then prophecy stuff instead.

Personally I don't care for the rune unsocketers or food/drinks, but I am all about the artifact troves - maybe give artifacts that the character opening the bag has not already collected? The random mounts have mostly been fun too, though preventing duplicate models that simply have different names would be appreciated.

I'm one of those players that has no interest in dimension items so I would not be keen on a calendar half filled with those things. If any are to be introduced as a daily reward, please keep them not bound so they can be shoved on the AH for a couple of plat as a win-win situation.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Soulwalker

One of the most important rewards the game misses is a free Bag Slot. Right now in my opinion the bag slots/bags are predatory. Even while your subbed to the game as a patron, you still have to pay a predatory price to unlock a bag slot. I say predatory because the cost to unlock a bag slot, the minimum payment wont cover, so you are forced to buy 2x minimum or a higher package.

So I think 2 new rewards on the daily calendar should be a free Bag Slot and a good sized bag, 14 slots perhaps?

I also think patron should be reworked on a whole, if I am spending monthly, I expect atleast to have all bag slots unlocked.

If you want my general feedback on the presentation of the face of the game, it should be presented as Professional. RIFT is a really solid and well made game, don't throw it away Gamigo, if you play your cards right this can take the spot from WoW for this style of game. Undo all predatory marks Trion have left to please the shareholders. I look forward to future raids. I believe in your opportunity to polish up and produce a highly succesful and popular MMORPG.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by z0mm3h View Post
    One of the most important rewards the game misses is a free Bag Slot. Right now in my opinion the bag slots/bags are predatory. Even while your subbed to the game as a patron, you still have to pay a predatory price to unlock a bag slot. I say predatory because the cost to unlock a bag slot, the minimum payment wont cover, so you are forced to buy 2x minimum or a higher package.

So I think 2 new rewards on the daily calendar should be a free Bag Slot and a good sized bag, 14 slots perhaps?

I also think patron should be reworked on a whole, if I am spending monthly, I expect atleast to have all bag slots unlocked.

If you want my general feedback on the presentation of the face of the game, it should be presented as Professional. RIFT is a really solid and well made game, don't throw it away Gamigo, if you play your cards right this can take the spot from WoW for this style of game. Undo all predatory marks Trion have left to please the shareholders. I look forward to future raids. I believe in your opportunity to polish up and produce a highly succesful and popular MMORPG.
    Trion originally tried to position and market Rift as a WoW-killer, with the tagline "We're not in Azeroth anymore." This strategy failed hard, and then Trion failed so hard that they don't even exist anymore. Rift peaked at barely 10% of WoW's playerbase, and now it's at a tiny fraction of that peak.

Rift's chance to be a large, popular game has passed, but it can still be a profitable title to maintain with minimal investment, and that's what gamigo is doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7