+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I like the idea, experimenting with new specs has always been the greatest strength of Rift.

Since we probably can't expect any new content either, the expected messed-up balancing caused by this change wouldn't be a real problem.

I would even go that far and disable the effect of the eternal weapons at the same time. The effect of eternal weapons causes more problems than use and unnecessarily limits the number of useful souls.

The collected data could also be a good starting point for future balancing.
    Agreed. Even lifting the limit on the max legendary points that could be allowed for each soul would be fun and provide something to experiment with. Might be less of a design change.

Allow users to select all 5 legendaries in a single soul if they allocate enough points for those abilities to be available and eliminate the player damage/heal increases from the eternal. You can keep the group bonus on the eternal to keep it relavent.

Rift Disciple

seasonal events, calendar, new dungeons when everyone is already 70 and full stuff..................that shouldn't be the things to prioritize. it's waisting time and all of you encourage this lol.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    seasonal events, calendar, new dungeons when everyone is already 70 and full stuff..................that shouldn't be the things to prioritize. it's waisting time and all of you encourage this lol.
    Wasting whose time exactly? We can all play other games or not play any, it doesn't effect the food on our tables or roof's over our heads. Those who actually are relying on income etc are asking for feedback on content within their time/budget/capability. No one has to respond but open ended, go nowhere statements like yours help nothing.

It was never explicitly stated that this was a priority, but there are short term projects (the calendar specifically) that can have changes be done in a reasonable amount of time while we're waiting around anyway. I can agree that "new expert" content as they stated in the other thread isn't something we need/want, but we also have very little detail as to what that's going to be exactly.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Wasting whose time exactly? We can all play other games or not play any, it doesn't effect the food on our tables or roof's over our heads. Those who actually are relying on income etc are asking for feedback on content within their time/budget/capability. No one has to respond but open ended, go nowhere statements like yours help nothing.
    You eat the **** they serve you as always

It would have been better if Alien had a positive answer for his 5 millions for assets

That's really what you want to do for the next 2 years : the same seasonnal event and open a box in a calendar every day with a gift. Better idear, just put it on a phone game : the calendar screen and the store screen, no need to play the game to enjoy those delicious featur.
    You can choose a better game to **** up encouraging this, i will pay you the sub if you want.

Sword of Telara

It would have been better if Alien had a positive answer for his 5 millions for assets
    He offered 5 million $ for Rift?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

You eat the **** they serve you as always

That's really what you want to do for the next 2 years : the same seasonnal event and open a box in a calendar every day with a gift. Better idear, just put it on a phone game : the calendar screen and the store screen, no need to play the game to enjoy those delicious featur.
    You can choose a better game to **** up encouraging this, i will pay you the sub if you want.
    No, I love the game as always and don't beat my head against a wall that is built by my own expectations or (in your case) others. 5 million is unfortunately a penny dropped in a fathomless ocean for an MMORPG but if it makes you feel good about yourself pay someone elses sub who needs assistance with this, awesome. GLHF.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-15-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    He offered 5 million $ for Rift?
    euros, not dollars: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5369712
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shield of Telara

One big change I would really like to see for the daily calendar is to have the items bound to account instead of soulbound. I always collect the rewards on my main character but don't really need another bag of crafting marks or individual reward charges (I have quite a few stockpiled already). It would be nice if these could be transferred to alts that could use them.

As an aside, I would like this to also apply to the "lockboxes" that we get from minion missions (during world events or via attracter minions) and as weekly patron reward.

Shadowlander

Default Calendar Revamp

Liluri, thanks for reaching out to the community and including us in helping to make positive changes to the game we all enjoy playing.
    I have read thru the thread a couple of times and there seems to be a consensus that many of the rewards need to be updated to the current content. I agree and disagree.
    I agree that for a level 70 many of the items are outdated and need to be changed.
    I disagree that for new and leveling players changes need to be made. The Calendar has to take into account all of the people playing Rift, not just the high level ones.
    1) Currency
    That being said the solution is to change the way the rewards are given, not the rewards themselves. What? How? you say. The coding is already in place to do this. Taking a look at the rewards you get after completing a "weekly" event. You are given a choice between 150 Legion Datagrams, 500 Tower Fragments or 500 Ethereal Shards, plus 2500 Celestial Remnants. Why not do the same for the days that give out currency. Use the same conversion and apply it to the daily reward, giving everyone a "choice" of what currency they want to select. Include Captured Intel and Void Stones in the selection.
    2) Drinks and Food
    Days 1,8,15 need to be removed or combined into one day, freeing up the other 2 days for other rewards suggested in this thread.
    3) Dungeon Currency
    Days 9,16 use the same idea stated in #1 using Tower Fragments, Marks of Prophecy and Abyssal Crusader marks.
    4) Artifacts 3,10,17
    These days are ok, except you should use Hollyroler12's suggestion to implement Roughraptors coding to these boxes. You could upgrade each day to the next higher level so day 3 would be blue (uncommon) not green, then purple (Rare), then gold (Epic). OR you could expand the calendar back to 28 days. Never understood why it was changed. Isn't the point of the calendar to give those that log-in a reward? Why not reward the people who log in more than 21 days a month?
    5) Notoriety
    Give out a couple Sigils of Valor so that everyone can choose where to apply it.
    6) Rune Unsocketing 2.
    This needs to be changed to include Essence removal device AND Fragment removal devices. But it only works if the Essence are BoA. A lot of planarite and plat is put into essence's and fragments. They should be able to be shared account wide.
    7) Individual Reward Charges 14.
    Use the days that were freed up by deleting the food and drink rewards and include a 2nd or 3rd day for reward charges. First day 5 charges, next week 10 charges, third week 15 charges.
    8) Dimension Items
    There is a significant amount of the population that Dim's. For those that don't there is good plat in selling them on the AH. You need a least 2 days in the month that reward Dim stuff. BUT, the dim items need to be Blue (uncommon) purple (rare) or gold (Epic).
    9) Mounts
    I like this day in theory but not in practice. Mounts should not be BoP. If you want to keep them BoP then you need to implement code that will not award a mount already owned. My FaeYule sparkle reward was a mount I already had and the helmet. Both useless.
    10) Wardrobe
    As "Clowd" and "Hollyroller12" suggested, add in a day for wardrobe bundle.
    11) End of the month
    IF you decide to extend the days I suggest that you include the following items to the calendar:
    Minion Card, has to be BoE or add in code to not reward a duplicate card.
    Dye grab bag, a lot of the good Dyes are inaccessible (hidden behind years old, special events) like NMT pack purchase. Open up all dyes to be rewarded.
    Storm cell
    Cosmic trigger
    Now a little off topic but related to the currency rewards, IF you implemented a "currency exchange" Quartermaster, everything would fall into place. Use the same conversion as you would for the calendar rewards and the current weekly rewards. Players who choose Celestial Remnants (when they need it) can convert it later to Ethereal shards then into Captured Intel and then into Legion Datagrams. This would open up the whole world again as people will venture back to old content to gather currency to convert.

Varder@Faeblight
    ps. tickets.......fix the tickets......please
    Last edited by Varder; 01-16-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Varder has good ideas. I would be especially excited to get a costume piece or wardrobe bundle once a month!
    Last edited by Odiana; 01-17-2019 at 09:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6