+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    Meh...have no issues on any of my chars with Planarite. quite often have too much and have to spend it. It's not hard to earn, would rather see something better as a reward than that
    So you speak only for yourself then not for the most players. That's fine, just don't impersonate all 3 remaining players.
    Last edited by Isp; 01-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    So you speak only for yourself then not for the most players. That's fine, just don't impersonate all 3 remaining players.
    Edit I just noticed you said "All 3 remaining players" LoLoL

They asked for our opinions, that's my opinion you don't have to agree with it....and it is crazy easy to obtain. There are other things that would be much more of a reward than that.
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 01-09-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    They asked for our opinions, that's my opinion you don't have to agree with it....and it is crazy easy to obtain. There are other things that would be much more of a reward than that. ;)
    It fine to have such opinion, you just said that most players don't need planarite, and I wanted to know how you know that.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It fine to have such opinion, you just said that most players don't need planarite, and I wanted to know how you know that.
    Have friends / guildmates, my husband...we do a lot of rifting / zone events, and quite often have to stop and dump planarite....find it annoying. yes there are things we can also spend it on, but it doesn't take long to build back up again. for a day-19 reward there are better items they could give.

If more people still need planarite, perhaps they could put that in place of things like food bundles or something. Can't please everyone of course. I just would like to see something a lil more rewarding on day-19. Rare costume items would be better than a box of planarite there I think.
    Last edited by ArcticGypsy; 01-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.

I probably wouldn't get too hung up on the days as I think the idea/goal in the first place is to redo it completely,including re-arranging certain days with certain rewards, but we're all just listing out the days + the order they're currently in as reference.

Planarite is still a good reward as you can collect it on any of your characters as not everyone farms them on multiple alts at any given time even if they may be gearing one up. This is especially nice since they got rid of planarite vouchers ages ago. If they put this back in then I would say to get rid of planarite as a reward completely.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I probably wouldn't get too hung up on the days as I think the idea/goal in the first place is to redo it completely,including re-arranging certain days with certain rewards
    The days are kind of important...at least the final week. the rewards for logging more days should be greater. example big reward at the end of it for taking part. it's really what brought me back into the game, to get a chance at getting some funky mount. at first it was just log in, collect, log out, but eventually I started to play again. having greater rewards at the end is a better way to get people to stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Planarite is still a good reward as you can collect it on any of your characters as not everyone farms them on multiple alts
    True enough, though I think I'd like to see it in place of food bundles or something like that, and open up the current ( near the end of the month) for something more cool

Quote Originally Posted by Liluri View Post
    Greetings ascended!

The team is looking into reworking the daily reward calendar in an effort to give more of a fresh look to the feature for our community. We decided to gather feedback directly from our players. Please post in the comments the rewards you would like to see in the revamped version.

Please, keep in mind that not all items are eligible for daily rewards and that not all suggestions will make it in the final version.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

The RIFT team
    First of all, happy new year and i hope you and the rest of the team had good holidays.
    Secondly, regarding the calendar the following needs a tweak/complete change:

Rune unsocketing apparatus - This item has become next to useless because of how limited the amount of runes we got that can apply to the raid, dungeon and pvp items. Therefore there's no much Point in using it.

Void stone - this is an old Nightmare Tide expansion currency that serves no purpose in this current expansion. Needs to be completely replaced by something else.

Notoriety grab bag - As mentioned about the void stones, this serves no purpose either in the current expansion as it only benefits old reputations from Nightmare tide expansion. Needs also replacing, maybe replace the factions so they can fit the current expansion or depending on your level.

Upgrade Component bag - While it does seem like it could be useful to upgrade your gear when you're a fresh lvl 70, in reality it isn't because as soon as you start running the current expert dungeons, you gear up pretty fast and all of a sudden you're raid ready for the first raid (Tartharic Depths easy mode) where this upgrade Component doesn't affect the gear you get from that raid. Could be tweaked to provide the raid Components for Tartharic depth and interpid rise of the Phoenix raid items, since there's still some huge RNG disparity between those who get too many and those who don't.

The rest of the rewards are pretty decent and in my opinion doesn't really look like to be needing a change.

Shadowlander

Default Fragment Removal Device

Create a planar fragment removal device that would remove an account bound fragment. This would allow folks to min/max without having to destroy an existing that required much planarite and plat. This would be great to trade to an alt or start another set.

sell them in the store as well. Win - win.
    Last edited by MizzerMage; 01-10-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Plane Walker

The fragment system is what ruined PoA and ultimately lead to a massive exodus of players. It wasn't even done correctly. Certain classes need more Rare versions of the fragments than others. The rarity like Tier 1 and 2 shouldn't even exist as a result as it purposely penalizes players for picking the wrong class. All classes should have equal chances to get any tier and elemental fragment drop starting from the very first level 70 content. Tier rarity shouldn't exist. Getting a tier 1 should be just as frequent as getting a tier 6.

Secondly, what on earth did Trion think when they chose to give a whole progressive tier mostly one type of fragment? Tier 2 and Raid rift are mostly just air fragment drops. When new content is released it should be for everyone, not the class that benefits the most from Air fragments. You need a ton of different fragments for each class and Trion didn't provide enough ways to obtain them because they made it so specific fragments drop from the current content instead of random different ones. For instance, if you do BoS all you get is air which doesn't benefit some classes as much as it would other classes who get the best benefit from air fragments.

Fragments also ruined pvp because of the insane cost to upgrade and PvP doesn't reward enough currency or mats to upgrade them. PvP fragments should have its own pvp upgrade path, much easier to obtain and the fragments should have no RNG whatsoever to create a better balance in pvp. Bolstering on the stat sheet directly is also another option. I feel the disparity between a fresh 70 and deck out 70 in fragments is too big and should be less than 5%. Allowing certain lucky people to be able to grief the other 90% of the players was a horrible move. How do expect to keep new players when vets and super lucky players have so much of an advantage over them? Bolstering and classs balance needs to be reviewed.

They really need to go back to the basic gearing path with fragments but instead use fragments to keep people playing instead of push them away. For instance, in the last event they could have given water/air fragments which were best in slot. Then when summer or spring or autumn harvest comes around give fire/life and death/earth etc. Those fragments would all have static stats and a basic non rng upgrade path to best in slots for the year. People would know that those items are must have to min/max and participate more in events.

Consider this, you need multiple sets to min/max which are incredibly expensive when you consider all the roles and facets of gameplay. Now imagine if you played alts or second main that you also wanted to PvP and tank and DPS with! That RNG was never necessary. I doubt there were many people sitting 100s of thousands of plat to invest. So this system was created for the very few and not the many.

In fact, I think with RNG completely removed much more people would have stayed. Trion devs also made it more difficult to do content we were doing for ages after the last round of class nerfs which forced them to eventually nerf raid bosses as a result. It still forced people to somehow magically come up with better gear and get these best in slot fragments as now many players had to aim for higher tier and much better-upgraded fragments with 0 current content to provide them other than gambling with credits or doing random very slow zone events that don't get completed as fast as it used to be..For example, it was common to do 20-30 zone events a day back when it was popular with average clears less than 20 mins per event. I find it hard to believe that people are doing even half that now per day but the RNG and drop rates never changed to reflect the lower participation due to the exodus of players.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-11-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    The fragment system is what ruined PoA and ultimately lead to a massive exodus of players. It wasn't even done correctly. Certain classes need more Rare versions of the fragments than others. The rarity like Tier 1 and 2 shouldn't even exist as a result as it purposely penalizes players for picking the wrong class. All classes should have equal chances to get any tier and elemental fragment drop starting from the very first level 70 content. Tier rarity shouldn't exist. Getting a tier 1 should be just as frequent as getting a tier 6.

Secondly, what on earth did Trion think when they chose to give a whole progressive tier mostly one type of fragment? Tier 2 and Raid rift are mostly just air fragment drops. When new content is released it should be for everyone, not the class that benefits the most from Air fragments. You need a ton of different fragments for each class and Trion didn't provide enough ways to obtain them because they made it so specific fragments drop from the current content instead of random different ones. For instance, if you do BoS all you get is air which doesn't benefit some classes as much as it would other classes who get the best benefit from air fragments.

Fragments also ruined pvp because of the insane cost to upgrade and PvP doesn't reward enough currency or mats to upgrade them. PvP fragments should have its own pvp upgrade path, much easier to obtain and the fragments should have no RNG whatsoever to create a better balance in pvp. Bolstering on the stat sheet directly is also another option. I feel the disparity between a fresh 70 and deck out 70 in fragments is too big and should be less than 5%. Allowing certain lucky people to be able to grief the other 90% of the players was a horrible move. How do expect to keep new players when vets and super lucky players have so much of an advantage over them? Bolstering and classs balance needs to be reviewed.

They really need to go back to the basic gearing path with fragments but instead use fragments to keep people playing instead of push them away. For instance, in the last event they could have given water/air fragments which were best in slot. Then when summer or spring or autumn harvest comes around give fire/life and death/earth etc. Those fragments would all have static stats and a basic non rng upgrade path to best in slots for the year. People would know that those items are must have to min/max and participate more in events.

Consider this, you need multiple sets to min/max which are incredibly expensive when you consider all the roles and facets of gameplay. Now imagine if you played alts or second main that you also wanted to PvP and tank and DPS with! That RNG was never necessary. I doubt there were many people sitting 100s of thousands of plat to invest. So this system was created for the very few and not the many.

In fact, I think with RNG completely removed much more people would have stayed. Trion devs also made it more difficult to do content we were doing for ages after the last round of class nerfs which forced them to eventually nerf raid bosses as a result. It still forced people to somehow magically come up with better gear and get these best in slot fragments as now many players had to aim for higher tier and much better-upgraded fragments with 0 current content to provide them other than gambling with credits or doing random very slow zone events that don't get completed as fast as it used to be..For example, it was common to do 20-30 zone events a day back when it was popular with average clears less than 20 mins per event. I find it hard to believe that people are doing even half that now per day but the RNG and drop rates never changed to reflect the lower participation due to the exodus of players.
    Wrong thread.

The Day 14 Player Reward Charges a consumable that we can use when it is needed. Similiar in application to the Bag of Crafting Marks works. Currently it auto consumes.

Rift Disciple

My top suggestion would be to not make any of the daily calendar rewards soulbound so they could be sent to alts if you accepted it on the wrong character.

How about an Aventurine cache as a reward? That is always in short supply for Minion missions.

For me, the best of the current rewards are Affinity, Artifacts and Mounts. The Currency rewards would be useful if they were current like Legion Datagrams or Captured Intel.

The Resource Bundles would be more useful if they were limited to crafting mats always in short supply for daily crafting quests (Starhide, Celestial Lands fish and Atramentium ore). I have huge stockpiles of all the other crafting mats for the crafting dailies.

I like the suggestions for a Minion card or companion pet as rewards but they would have to be new or extremely rare to benefit a lot of players who have extensive collections already. Maybe recolor an existing companion pet every month and give that as a reward so everyone can use it.

The biggest revamp I would like to see is replacing Day 5 void Stone rewards to Captured Intel.

Rift Disciple

How about a consumable token of some kind that grants all characters on an account one extra soul point and possibly one extra legendary point (inactive in PvP or while mentored, of course, just like eternal weapon buffs)? This would be a breath of fresh air for builds, and would gradually allow an increasing portion of the playerbase to participate in more challenging content, in a more interesting way than the buff in WoW that gave players a boost for the final raid of an aging expansion. Given that we're unlikely to see soul tree changes or new raid tiers, the only obvious pitfall is the potential for bugs.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    How about a consumable token of some kind that grants all characters on an account one extra soul point and possibly one extra legendary point (inactive in PvP or while mentored, of course, just like eternal weapon buffs)? This would be a breath of fresh air for builds, and would gradually allow an increasing portion of the playerbase to participate in more challenging content, in a more interesting way than the buff in WoW that gave players a boost for the final raid of an aging expansion. Given that we're unlikely to see soul tree changes or new raid tiers, the only obvious pitfall is the potential for bugs.
    I like the idea, experimenting with new specs has always been the greatest strength of Rift.

Since we probably can't expect any new content either, the expected messed-up balancing caused by this change wouldn't be a real problem.

I would even go that far and disable the effect of the eternal weapons at the same time. The effect of eternal weapons causes more problems than use and unnecessarily limits the number of useful souls.

The collected data could also be a good starting point for future balancing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast