+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

I'll just add in my 2 cents. I agree with the points brought up by Holyroller, Laeti, and Jubinibi.

My wishlist includes the following bullet points (in no particular order)
    • Relevant currencies instead of voidstone
    • Relevant upgrade components instead of the current one being handed out (OR make the current one relevant again)
    • Random dye grab bag (get 1-2 dyes unlocked, or a voucher to unlock them that can be traded/sold on the AH)
    • Random wardrobe pack (ideally this can be traded/sold on the AH)
    • 1/3-day patron booster that you can use when you want (soulbound) maybe as a very late month reward. I imagine that this may encourage more Patron usage or push some people to play a lot more with a patron focus at the end of a month.
    • IRC reward turned into a "Pack of Individual Reward Charges" that is Bound to Account
    • Random minion (could even create special calendar only minons). Make these available for trade/sale on the AH.
    • Removal of food/drink bundles (A lot of the rewards from these except for the feast aren't really relevant or useful)
    • Removal of Hunting and Mystical Resource bundles (AH is already flooded, minions already provide a lot of both)
    • Removal of Notoriety grab bag (too much RNG to impact factions that are not relevant)
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Not going to fully rehash what has already been posted.

1. The 3 artifact collections that are green, blue, and epic, should be Blue, Epic, and Relic and ONLY ones you are missing.

2. Minions should be added - once again ONLY those that are missing from your collection.

3. Trove of Mounts is great! use the formula for 1/2 above

4. Get rid of all old currency and drinks

5. Trove of 160 package boosts perhaps! (at the end of the calendar)

6. Storm Cell/Matrix/Intel bundles might be nice. Either 1 storm cell, 4 matrix, or a bunch of intel.

Make mounts, artis, minions available to be traded/sold so more people can get them in their collections.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Here's my two cents:
    1) Definately keep the mount trove in, but make the mounts BoA so we dont get stuck with something we already have.
    2) A trove of pets sounds really great, but again make sure they are BoA.
    3) and the 28 day calender sounds intriguing

Soulwalker

Default calendar

I look forward to the arties and the mounts. Drinks/feasts can be dropped. Adding wardrobe/appearance items is interesting. Although I'm personally desperate for tenebrean engines which others have also mentioned (I'm unlucky with drops I guess).

Champion

it's a good first start hopefully it'll get some engines rolling again

Rift Disciple

I'm seeing several mentions of adding things like minions and Triggers to the calendar. I would benefit from those, but I don't think they're a good idea.

For long-time players, getting a guaranteed new minion every month removes the value and incentive to do the content that would unlock the rarer minions. I've been focusing more on minions lately, and I've ended up doing so much content that I wouldn't otherwise have even considered: maxing out several notorieties from NMT and PoA with story quests and dailies, completing artifact sets, seeking out NMT puzzles, knocking out the odd achievement, participating in holiday events, and more. A total of 243 unique minions sounds like a lot, but only when they're not handed out on a timer.

Meanwhile, newer players (yes, they still show up every now and then for some odd reason) would just be getting garbage like Oblivia and Ionraic.

I haven't purchased a single Trigger, because the grind is just a lot more than I'm willing to endure to upgrade gear I don't have and/or can't afford. I don't need BiS gear to go about my daily activities, though, so it's not much of an issue. However, some people do have that gear, and they do want to upgrade it, so they log in every day to grind Captured Intel. Simply handing out what amounts to top-end gear would obsolete the current end-game activity (which is admittedly nothing more than a horrific grind to pad out a blatant lack of content, but at least it exists). You only need a handful of Triggers for each character, so getting one every month would quickly exhaust any demand except for people who want to gear up a pile of alts, although this would still massively speed up that process.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeK View Post
    I'm sure this will be the most unpopular suggestion but if you aren't a patron remove the calendar. patron is pretty undervalued at this point and it would be a nice perk to people who want to be patrons.
    Patron would have the exact same value then as it does now. Devaluing the non-Patron experience doesn't improve the Patron experience. This was (illogically) tried anyway a while ago when Trion went back on the "no tricks, no traps" promise and removed things like rested exp from non-Patrons, spinning it with "Patron rewards get even BETTER!", and we all know how that fiasco went. Pulling the same stunt again for a clear pattern would be the final nail in the coffin, driving away players who don't want to wonder what "convenience perks" will be removed next (wardrobe slots? mounts faster than 150%? NMT's swimming buff? titles? action bars?).

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    There's people who don't use or collect artifacts, but some of them are still worth selling. It would be the same case for dimension items.
    Even the most common artifacts auction for around 1p. Most dimension items auction for a few silver - I just drag them out of my inventory and destroy them. When I come across a really fancy one, I check the auction value first, and it's almost never more than a few plat. The current calendar rewards of Pyrewater and Blackthorn Burgers (for a 70) are terrible and I auction them off for a few plat apiece, but they're still significantly more valuable than a pile of dimension items.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Even the most common artifacts auction for around 1p. Most dimension items auction for a few silver - I just drag them out of my inventory and destroy them. When I come across a really fancy one, I check the auction value first, and it's almost never more than a few plat. The current calendar rewards of Pyrewater and Blackthorn Burgers (for a 70) are terrible and I auction them off for a few plat apiece, but they're still significantly more valuable than a pile of dimension items.
    Which is why I suggested a box that only drops relic transcendent items. Even some relics aren't worth all that much, but you'd have a better chance at getting rarer items to use/sell compared to what you get from artifacts.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Which is why I suggested a box that only drops relic transcendent items. Even some relics aren't worth all that much, but you'd have a better chance at getting rarer items to use/sell compared to what you get from artifacts.
    What kind of price range do those generally fall into?

King of Slackers

x. CURRENT Raid Currency
    20. Trove of Mounts (veteran players)
    21. Small amount Rift Credits (Carrot for new/F2P players)
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Rift Disciple

The calender doesn't need rare artifacts. Artifacts can be hunted and adding those to the calender would devalue artifact hunting, because a lot of people would put them on the AH.

It would be a good idea to add wardrobes to the calender. Either give wardrobes that the player doesn't have or make them tradeable which can be done by putting the wardrobe in a box.

The current currencies in the calender: celestial remnants and voidstones are useless. Tower fragments are used to buy T1 death gear, but the amount from the calender is low, so it hardly matters. The only good one is the big planarite bag which can give 110k with token vial+bonuses. The useless currencies could be replaced by intel and a small amount of T2 currency.

Champion

I hope that all these suggestions are linked to a player's level?

Because as a level 30, most of these are useless, because probably 95% or more of these suggestions are for higher-level players.

I saw one player who recommended to removed drinks. Well, that maybe good for you, but I have and use them.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback - please continue to do this.

They wouldn't be useful at your current level, but they would be useful when you get to 70 which is where the vast majority of the population is and has been even in better times. I don't mind scaling rewards, but I do think it'd be better to able to stockpile more useful rewards that will be waiting for you by the time you hit the cap. Food/Drinks are also cheap at lower levels and you don't need as many since the hp/mana pools aren't that high yet.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I hope that all these suggestions are linked to a player's level?

Because as a level 30, most of these are useless, because probably 95% or more of these suggestions are for higher-level players.

I saw one player who recommended to removed drinks. Well, that maybe good for you, but I have and use them.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback - please continue to do this.
    You level up really fast in rift, so the focus is on the level 70 rewards. As level 30 you'd want high level currency too in fact, because you don't need any currency while leveling up.

Plane Touched

I would say definitely either a choose your own fragment or a Tier 1 fragment loot bag would be fantastic

Lots of great ideas mentioned I agree with. Get rid of notoriety day, it has no purpose what so ever as those reps are obsolete, or replace it with VP rep for lvl 70's which we all could use.

Also remember the low lvl players get the troves every tenth lvl to help them on their journey. Keep this in the game please especially if you take low lvl rewards away.

Thank you.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast