+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily calendar reward rewamp - collecting feedback

Soulwalker

Default daily calender

tenebrean planar tuners are awesome, and maybe celestial matrixes..... please no damn dimension items i never use them and never will

Quote Originally Posted by soleiss View Post
    tenebrean planar tuners are awesome, and maybe celestial matrixes..... please no damn dimension items i never use them and never will
    There's people who don't use or collect artifacts, but some of them are still worth selling. It would be the same case for dimension items.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

The way I've seen this being done in another game is giving rewards that can be useful even if the player does not plan on using them directly. Meaning, each reward except for higher tier 'chase' or elite items, should be unbound and have a decent AH value. This way, even if you're not planning to use something *cough* dimension items *cough*, you could simply sell it on the AH or trade to other players. That being said, certain items of higher value (like Mount troves) should be spread throughout the calendar (not just pushed to the end of the month) and remain BoA to avoid devaluation.

Now, instead of excluding items based on the idea that not everyone plans to use them, you can add all kinds of different rewards that would be useful even if sold on the AH or traded. Using the same example: a dimension bag with 1-2 items of epic/relic value (Stan's lure, lockboxes that are no longer in the store, etc) may not be useful to a player directly but can instead bring back a decent amount of plat if the items are sold. Same goes for rare (not open-world based) outfit pieces (not bundles), companion pets and skins, hair/skin color unlocks, event items outside of events etc.

As far as higher value items go, the mount trove is a good example; also outfit unlocks (including those that aren't in the lockbox loot table), rare pets, timed use of hair/skin color palettes, etc - anything that is not a necessity (utility items never feel like big rewards), but rather a fluff item that feels more exciting than getting a rep token or an XP pot. Spread them throughout the calendar (weekends maybe) to make it more appealing to keep logging in for those who don't care about the 'regular' rewards while still keeping folks that do occupied.

tldr a balance of rare, rewarding items and good utility items, while also making as many rewards tradeable as possible within reason, would be nice to keep more people happy (even those that only use a handful of calendar rewards and have no need for the rest of them).
    Last edited by Laeti; 01-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Telaran

Thumbs up yehaw...

...seems someone thougt this through very well...

SIGN...

I would vouch for a BoA token. Then reactivate Mari as a black market/curiosities vendor and let her randomized (limited) supply to be changed every 12-36 hours so there will always be something interesting to check out and stimulating for logging in.

She can sell rare items, like costumes (Azusn's Talon, sunglasses, T-shirts, tiaras), dimension items (alittu display screens, porticulum NPCs), pets, minions, artifacts or even some ascended gear or items from past promo events and holidays (swimsuits). Price can be one or more tokens.

It can be even some exclusive cosmetic stuff, like color of the skin (metallic, radiant, transparent, vivid blue), unique haircut, exclusive VFX effect, access to the VIP porticulum locations similar to those from artifact sets.

I think token solves the issue of unwanted gift. People can hold it's consumption until vendor offers something interesting to them.

Last edited by Jubinibi; 01-04-2019 at 02:30 PM. Reason: clickable images
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

Telaran

Thumbs up

again...perfect idea...maybe the players should work this out...

Rift Master

Not much to add to Holyroller's list but here is my take:

1. Drinks
    -> pretty useless (remove or revamp)

2. Rune Unsocketing Apparatus
    -> pretty useless (very few runes, not replaced often enough to matter, I have a ton of those in the bank & nothing to do with them)

3. Opie's artifact Stash (Green)
    -> I personally find this pretty useless since I have most of them and they're not worth much in the AH; plus, do we really need artifacts 3x in 21 days? Seems like an excuse to not put anything more useful in.

4. Very Large Bag of Crafting Marks
    -> Meh, most dedicated crafters will already have everything they want but it might be useful for catching up a new crafting twink.

5. Void Stones
    -> completely useless, replace with something relevant to the current expansion (intel / datagrams / maybe tower fragments but that's questionable)

6. Harvesting Resource Bundle
    -> combine with 13 & 18 and make it give more mats in one go; feels artificially limiting; an excuse to not give something more useful

7. Affinity
    Sure, ok.

8. Food Bundle
    -> useless, remove or revamp

9. Sack of Dungeon Currency
    -> update to relevant currency (intel / data grams)

10. Opie's Artifact Stash (Blue)
    -> marginally useful; maybe implement the code that checks if you already have the artis

11. Notoriety Grab Bag
    -> update to the new expansion & let us choose what we get

12. Upgrade Component Bag
    -> update to give something useful (stellar triggers / storm cells / celestial matrices / tenebrean planar attuner / maybe tenebrean engine but those are only useful for a short time)

13. Hunting Resource Bundle
    -> see item 6

14. Individual Reward Charge
    -> please make that a box we can store! Sometimes none of my toons have spent any charges & I have to waste this to be able to move along.

15. Trove of the Feast
    -> give us more than one feast; a trove suggests several. One is stingy.

16. Bundle of Upgrade Components
    -> see item #12

17. Opie's Artifact Stash (Epic)
    -> Leave as is but maybe check if it's something we already have before awarding.

18. Mystical Resource Bundle
    -> see item 6

19. Primal Planarite Cache
    -> increase the planarite payout; the amount we need especially if we have twinks is simply obnoxious

20. Large sack of Currency
    -> update to relevant currency (intel / data grams)

21. Trove of Mounts
    -> leave in

Like many people mentioned, please make things BOA or even sell-able in the AH.

As for things that would be useful, some ideas have already been brought up. I strongly support adding things that people actually use a lot (more planarite, stellar triggers, maybe RR lures?, storm cells, definitely celestial matrices, tenebrean planar attuners, and for currency intel & datagrams).
    Last edited by Leocadia; 01-04-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Currencies

Maybe it would be more beneficial to look at the many game currencies. There are way too many, and should be consolidated, so that currency earned in the early part of the game, can still be relevant in later stages of the game, instead of being a waste of resources.

Soulwalker

lock boxes and more cosmetic items....not food or drink that can be purchased for currency. make it so desirable towards the end of the cycle that we are anticipating the reward. so much so that we can barely think of anything else. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubinibi View Post
    I would vouch for a BoA token. Then reactivate Mari as a black market/curiosities vendor and let her randomized (limited) supply to be changed every 12-36 hours so there will always be something interesting to check out and stimulating for logging in.

She can sell rare items, like costumes (Azusn's Talon, sunglasses, T-shirts, tiaras), dimension items (alittu display screens, porticulum NPCs), pets, minions, artifacts or even some ascended gear or items from past promo events and holidays (swimsuits). Price can be one or more tokens.

It can be even some exclusive cosmetic stuff, like color of the skin (metallic, radiant, transparent, vivid blue), unique haircut, exclusive VFX effect, access to the VIP porticulum locations similar to those from artifact sets.

I think token solves the issue of unwanted gift. People can hold it's consumption until vendor offers something interesting to them.

Love this idea!

I'd like to see drinks, feast, food removed.
    Crafting boxes combined to one (but still relevant to person opening's level)
    Anything from previous expansions upgraded to current expansion.

I would like to see pets, costumes, minions added as troves (like the mounts).

Also could possibly add a random lockbox on one day.
    Also for the dimensioneers a high quality (similar to the 6 star box) box of dimension items.

i just wanted to point out that im happy to see the rift team start there own thread on something regarding rift simply cuz it shows that there is stuff peculating behind the scenes at rift. i was really kinda getting worried that the game was gonna be put on a shelf somewhere or worse ... as far as the calendar goes i really don't have nothing to add that someone hasn't said all ready so ill just leave at that. I'm just happy to see the team active ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Maybe chat to Khrolan, look at Archeage daily rewards and do something similar (many reward choices already been mentioned) but cleaning up currencies first would make this entire process more cohesive and user friendly.

Rift has way too many currencies or more to the point, rewards that aren't very exciting. Telara might also benefit from ArcheAge Mirage style "vending machines" plonked into Tempest Bay with similar token rewards/distribution. I really like how I can use one coin to get any box released in ArcheAge I might want. The fact the daily rewards in AA change often also makes logging in more enjoyable.

While there would it be possible to now and then surprise players with a free item like Trove does or ArcheAge does a lot via compensation? Especially with no livestream anymore a freebie for the hell of it might be awesome.

Cheers for considering.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 01-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Soulwalker

1. Increase the levels of the drinks, using three to restore one health pool isn't fun.
    2. Fine, maybe make them account bound?
    3. Fine.
    4. Fine, account bound?
    5. Captured Intel instead.
    6. Fine.
    7. Fine.
    8. Same as 1.
    9. Increase it to Legion Datagrams.
    10. Fine.
    11. Make it Starfall rep instead of NMT.
    12. Stormcells, or maybe a random prophetic amender.
    13. Fine
    14. Like what Holy said, an account bound pack would work better.
    15. Fine.
    16. Same as 12, or maybe make it 3x Prophetic Dream Orbs.
    18. Fine.
    19. Fine (I usually get roughly 70-100k planarite per pop, don't feel like an increase is needed)
    20. Increase it to Captured Intel or Legion Datagrams.
    21. Fine, somehow remove the chances of doubles.

I think adding Dream Orbs back in would be one of the better things to add/change
    Jayysa@Laethys Hayjayy@Laethys Jayyalina@Laethys Bluejayy@Laethys Jayyjay@Laethys Jayyona@Laethys

Some credits would be awefully nice. Like in other games where they give an allowance of sorts. Take LOTRO. They give 500 credits to subscribers a month. In the end, it'll bring in more revenue.

Soulwalker

Default 28 days again?

At one point the calendar was 28 days long. Can we add 7 days back. That would reward those players that long in everyday more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast