Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rebel9884
  • 1 Post By Kulta
  • 1 Post By mcjohna12
  • 1 Post By Videssian

Thread: Gauging Activity - Returning Player

Default Gauging Activity - Returning Player

Good morning!

Right before Christmas break, i decided i was done with WoW (hopefully for good, and my wife was happy about that too )

The week off of work gave me a chance to casually look for something else to fill my days. Somehow i found my way back to Rift. I had done a little Beta, but played for about a year or so when it went live. Then, for reasons i can't remember, i left. All my lvl 50 characters were still there though, so i said "lets do this!"

Its been fun so far, and i kept telling myself every dungeon i ran, or IA i ran, "Man, i missed this game! Why did i ever stop?!"

TL: DR - Sadly though, there is the reality that the game seems to be in a decline. I play mostly on Live, but I re-upped my sub and got on Prime for a bit. It seemed dead.

1. Is anyone playing Prime still, or is it really all just people at max level? I would think that with it only being 1 server, i would see people running around on alts at least, but #tumbleweeds. from what i've been able to read up on regarding Prime, there is a schedule of the old content being re-released. Is there a lul now? I like the idea of Prime, but i play to play with others, and i don't want really enjoy solo play.
    Last edited by rebel9884; 01-03-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Would you say I have a plethora of piņatas? - El Guapo

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/10594_15cb87d4d3df51a5.png

p.s. I refuse to play a pyro because when I beat you, you can't use that excuse

The pace of both versions of the game have been halted/slowed down significantly due tot he acquisition of Trion by Gamigo: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5366919

As far as Prime and a bit of its history: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...wch/?context=3

After the first 2 initial bleeds, Prime has been far less populated than live for various different reasons and many of those people are only playing there (even now) because there's a content wall on live servers. We've been doing the same raid for well over a year now. Regardless, the plan was to always have Prime come down and merge those people back into live as it was only intended to be a temporary server. A new iteration of it would be put back up at some point later in time, but we don't know if Gamigo still plans on doing that. The only issue is that Trion promised people would be able to transfer prime characters over to live with any region/server as a choice, but never figured out how to technically do that on their end so it's up in the air of that will actually happen. The initial plan upon the announcement of Prime was only to have your achievements and fluff carried over to live characters, but the prime toons would be taken down along with the server which understably upset many people.

Personally, I'd say stick with live as there's simply a lot more to do, especially for a new/returning player.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-03-2019 at 07:33 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

I have been playing only on Live lately. I was able to connect with a fairly active guild, so hopefully this will tide me over until we hear about Gamigo's plan. Thanks for the info. I will read to get myself caught up!
    Last edited by rebel9884; 01-03-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Would you say I have a plethora of piņatas? - El Guapo

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/10594_15cb87d4d3df51a5.png

p.s. I refuse to play a pyro because when I beat you, you can't use that excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The pace of both versions of the game have been halted/slowed down significantly due tot he acquisition of Trion by Gamigo: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5366919

As far as Prime and a bit of its history: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...wch/?context=3

After the first 2 initial bleeds, Prime has been far less populated than live for various different reasons and many of those people are only playing there (even now) because there's a content wall on live servers. We've been doing the same raid for well over a year now. Regardless, the plan was to always have Prime come down and merge those people back into live as it was only intended to be a temporary server. A new iteration of it would be put back up at some point later in time, but we don't know if Gamigo still plans on doing that. The only issue is that Trion promised people would be able to transfer prime characters over to live with any region/server as a choice, but never figured out how to technically do that on their end so it's up in the air of that will actually happen. The initial plan upon the announcement of Prime was only to have your achievements and fluff carried over to live characters, but the prime toons would be taken down along with the server which understably upset many people.

Personally, I'd say stick with live as there's simply a lot more to do, especially for a new/returning player.

Actually the game slowed long before the sale. We were just fed stuff (bs) so we would keep playing and still nothing changed other than they added prime and spent all the resources on it and now..we can not even get cs help and I been patient since Nov 4th.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Soulwalker

What server are you on? I'm thinking about Joining the game as well and looking for a nice guild to start off in!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mcjohna12 View Post
    What server are you on? I'm thinking about Joining the game as well and looking for a nice guild to start off in!
    I'd suggest holding off on making a decision there. Early this year, server(s) are going to be merged. We don't really know any more than that, for all we know, they'll keep Prime and trash the rest. Or maybe they'll go with Seastone instead. Or maybe they'll keep everything except Seastone. Your guess is as good as ours. But at least we'll know soon. Probably.

If you are looking for friendly guilds you can ask in the global chat channels in game, or you can join the Heroes of Telara discord channel and ask there https://discord.gg/bDdvMd

You should indeed be looking for a nice levelling guild.
    Dont worry at all about the incoming shard merges, if you are nicely settled into a guild by then
    and they need to move shards then you can just go with them! no problem at all. (shard switching is completely free with just a seven day cooldown)

good luck to you and welcome back!

+ Reply to Thread