+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree57Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Players 2019 wish list!

1. Add a weekly quest to complete an old raid while your entire group is mentored for current rewards.
    2. Add one of the additional sets of artifacts (ie Unstable, Poison) for any zones that do not have them and an additional achievement for total sets completed (1700?)
    3. Something to spend favor on
    4. Some new runes for additional slots. Preferably CP so we can experiment with capping Crit Chance.
    5. Decrease the last nerf to PvP, a little bit over time and monitor.
    6. Some new Dim stuff: Rep Vendors or other normal vendors
    7. It would be nice if IRC's were added to your account when a subscription was added for that week.
    8. Bring Dead Simon Back.
    9. Updates to planar attune met: Weapon/Shield Enhancements\Add some teleport
    10. New content please! Raids! Dungeons! Group Content!

Soulwalker

Would be nice and I think it will be easy to implement a place - let's call it Coliseum which is PvE Arena where you can fight bosses of instances, raids, etc, learn tactics and get great rewards (weapons/armour/upgrade parts/etc). Think it may become very popular (if done right), also I think it will be constantly streamed on Twitch, that will add interest and players to game...

All you need to do is to draw it up, add Khar as main keeper of it, let him cheat sometimes, probably make him run to arena to make last hit or anything else (tooked Khar because he is most funniest and insulting NPC in game), shrink HP of bosses and code it up. Other players may watch fights and probably make bets on player or on NPC that fighting at this moment. Coliseum should have different difficulties and corresponding rewards for used difficulty (I mean expert/raid gear - so all players will be interested - there is no fun if you are raid geared to get expert gear rewards at all).
    Last edited by inkster; 01-17-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Telaran

Default content list

1.) more raids
    2.) new raids
    3.) more newer raids
    4.) raids
    5.) almost forgot new raid
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

Champion

while there is a huge lack of things to do. the rebalancing(updating) of planar attunement would be fantastic. as this allows us to continue to grow all our characters who are level 50+.while being on any character from the account who are also level 50+.

planar attunement alone could do away with the ungodly amounts of imbalance amongst classes and the gear you receive in-game. though I am unable to just make a poll to move all stats on gear across all things in your planar attunement area. I do think it would help with that particular imbalance issue with stats.

i do think people would hate me for that idea ( in particular people who play the game to loot that rare piece of gear) rather than play it to build their character in a meaningful way. ( gear gets outdated fast. people hate tossing their epic/legendary/ascended whatever high quality and hard-earned gear out for some low-quality green quest item in the next questing zone.

my concept would be that ( if not already mentioned above in my original post) planar attunement be used as an all-around character development tool. which can be mixed in with the achievements aspect of the game. achievement earned? you just unlocked a few nice planar attunement areas to fill in with planar attunement points. finished x amount of quests? new areas to work on in your planar attunement. but doing so that you really feel that sense of achievement.

so TLDR: take stats off gear> combine planar attunement, planar fragments, achievements and stats taken away from gear into the planar attunement tree.

like my comment if you agree.

Soulwalker

Default Just A Little Thing But Irritating

The button that locks the action bar needs to be removed from it's location. I can't even say how many times I have inadvertently hit it and unlocked the action bar and either jumbled or completely removed skills from the bar during a fight. Please put it in the interface option. (And yes, I am a mostly clicker and have been in my 20+ years of gaming, but to each their own as I am usually always in the top 5 of any fight.)

Thumbs up

Sub only 1.0 server (run like Oldschool Runescape with player voting on new content)

I guess this is a pipe dream at this point but that's what would get me back as a paying customer.

A couple of simple crafting improvements:
    • Boost character storage capacity for crafting marks.
    • Make sure ALL recipes that use crafted ingredients have the > indicator that takes you to the sub-recipe (*).

* For example the visionary alchemical amender does not include > buttons for Faecap Extract or Xarthian Extract.

Ascendant

I think the bolstering system is a mess and built for mistakes to occur like what is happening now. Remove it. Use a mentor-like system to normalize everyones stats.What I mean by normalization is that all the official stats that appear on the stat sheet are no different from same classes. All rogues have same stats as all rogues etc. However, add back Vengeance and Valor which can be scaled up through progression.

As for progression in PvP, bring back Valor and Vengeance on runes and put a direct purchase of PvP specific fragments on the PvP vendors with a direct path to normalization that can be directly tested for balance. Use PvP specific currency to upgrade these fragments. You can add runes, fragments, essences to work toward with all other stats completely normalized with each class. The progression goes into valor and vengeance stats only from these items. Keep Favor useful by also allowing PvP specific consumables to be purchased with it that greatly outway that of PvE consumables but make them unuseful in PvE by using Valor and Vengeance again. Only allow these runes to be applied into PvP gear, like pvp helm, boots, belts etc.

There is also an option for PvP orbs with vengeance/valor etc. The PvP gear like helm, boots, chest, all the jewelry would have designated stats like strength/dex etc. but it would be only useful for mostly PvE. This means that the gear earned through PvP can be used up to a certain extent to PvE with but have only runes, orbs, essence, fragments etc. for PvP progression. This keeps PvP gear useful in PvE up to a certain extent but must have for the PvPer.

The Eternal conundrum. The Eternal weapon is being used as a bandaid. Some classes souls feel unplayable without it more than others. In PvP instances, this bandaid is disabled. Add valor and vengeance with the similar bandaid fix that the eternal provides onto the seal or actually fix classes to not rely on the overall bandaid fix.
    Recreate the bandaid fix into every seal specific to your class so that it is a natural part of each character going forward. This will allow you to create newer weapons going forward in PvE and fix souls in PvP that are crippled without the bandaid fix.

There is also some thoughts about the cost of upgrading gear. For instance, you may need millions of planarite to upgrade but there really isn't any significantly updated content to provide this currency. And when you add the stacking bonuses from loyalty tiers, gear that you can't get any more, patron etc. if may cause a great divide in population for newer players vs. veteran players. I would suggest looking at two options.

Ember Isle was the place to farm planarite back in original Rift with a very high frequency of invasions and invasion events. There is no place like this in level 70 content. Maybe consider developing content similar to this. The second option is to consider footholds. Foothold planarite drops from level 70 can be updated to 1000+ per foothold kill. At least there is now content in level 70 zones to give planarite. Many are still doing NM Rift or afk waiting for events to kill invasions which is boring and not many can play outside a schedule because of real life.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-09-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Telaran

I want you guys to take your time. That sounds a bit weird, but let me explain.

The next big content expansion you all release, please take the time to make it big and awesome.

To me, it's significantly more meaningful if you delay the expansion to make it better, versus rush it out to try and appease people and the playerbase has to deal with tons of bugs and lackluster, rushed content.

Players have waited and they can wait more. They may complain, but I think the backlash of complaining about things taking a while versus the backlash of new content that feels rushed is far better.

I want a meaningful expansion, with lots of pretty land to explore, fun quests to read, and a well thought out end game progression with activities to keep players coming back. And I'm willing to wait for that with the promise that it is good.

I believe its important to do this, because players will appreciate it, but also because its a key moment in Rift's life. It's no secret that Rift's population isn't what it used to be, and the state of the game isn't great. But with the Gamigo acquisition, Rift is in a position to separate itself from the "Trion" label (which contains a lot of negativity and resentment). This new expansion can be put forward as "Rift's return, it's run by new people, with new ideas, come and play our new expansion!" I think this has the potential to get a lot of players to return!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSand View Post
    The next big content expansion you all release, please take the time to make it big and awesome.
    We should stick to realistic wishes. For a new triple a expansion, Gamigo would have to hire more than 50 new employees. Here you can see the current job offers at Gamigo. Unfortunately, the Rift brand is not strong enough to take this risk.

If Gamigo start building a new expansion according to your ideas, it would take at least 3 years of development time with a completely new development team unfamiliar with Rift.

Rift uses a modified Gamebryo engine that scales poorly with modern hardware architecture and has not been developed further for years. With the next generation of consoles, we will probably make a leap in terms of graphics quality, which will increase the demands of many players for a good-looking game. So with every additional year Rift will get uglier and uglier compared to modern graphics engines which makes it harder and harder to get new players interested for Rift.

The only realistic thing is that the remaining developers will keep the game running more or less and add small quality of live changes. With a lot of luck we might see a new expert or a recycled raid but you can't expect more.
    Last edited by Bamul; 02-11-2019 at 09:01 AM.

1) Close Prime
    2) Server Merge to 1 or 2 servers for EU and 2 or 3 for US.
    3) Bring back currency exchange. All currencies should be able to be traded for another for a small "exchange fee". (ie Planarite for Sourcestones for Intel for what ever) ... AND make currency "bound to account".
    4) Kill the "free to play" model and go back to a subscription based game. Given the state of the game, you may have to make it "$5.99 a month for the first year if you sign up within 30 days, otherwise $10.99 a month". That will give people an incentive to TRUST the new owners a little that they will do the game right.
    5) Stop treating your paying customers as children and trying to silence them on the forums when they have an honest criticism and input (even if you don't like it).
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    4) Kill the "free to play" model and go back to a subscription based game. Given the state of the game, you may have to make it "$5.99 a month for the first year if you sign up within 30 days, otherwise $10.99 a month". That will give people an incentive to TRUST the new owners a little that they will do the game right.
    5) Stop treating your paying customers as children and trying to silence them on the forums when they have an honest criticism and input (even if you don't like it).
    4: If they did that, a huge chunk of the already dwindling playerbase would be gone instantly. There is currently no incentive to trust that Gamigo will do anything at all with this game, as they have provided no info at all about the future of this game, months after the take-over. And you think people will remain on board if they suddenly have to pay to play?

5: I think that's what Trion did. So far I've seen nothing from Gamigo indicating they do it too. But then again, what we've seen from them has been very very very little, so.... You may or may not have a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    We should stick to realistic wishes. For a new triple a expansion, Gamigo would have to hire more than 50 new employees. Here you can see the current job offers at Gamigo. Unfortunately, the Rift brand is not strong enough to take this risk.

If Gamigo start building a new expansion according to your ideas, it would take at least 3 years of development time with a completely new development team unfamiliar with Rift.

Rift uses a modified Gamebryo engine that scales poorly with modern hardware architecture and has not been developed further for years. With the next generation of consoles, we will probably make a leap in terms of graphics quality, which will increase the demands of many players for a good-looking game. So with every additional year Rift will get uglier and uglier compared to modern graphics engines which makes it harder and harder to get new players interested for Rift.

The only realistic thing is that the remaining developers will keep the game running more or less and add small quality of live changes. With a lot of luck we might see a new expert or a recycled raid but you can't expect more.
    Agree with everything but the final bit about only small QoL updates. Major expansions like SL and NT maybe not but minor expansions with one map, some new minor but engaging system and new quest-lines aren't unrealistic.

My wish - Myrkur Depths zone in the Plane of Water along with Nightmare rifts tier VII :P
    Xarhuli@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4