+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Is there any hope for a population increase?

Shadowlander

Default Is there any hope for a population increase?

I came back for the third time to play again. I started a new Primalist and determined I will not use any macros until I am max level to really learn the class well and challenge myself.

The game is still fun, the content works, the options for leveling are there, I still love the souls and Rifts and invasions and adventures.

But it is empty. I was one of 2 or 3 people in each zone I have been to. Even the cities are abandoned.

Is there any hope that players will return? Is there some super-server that is active? Rift did so many things right that no other MMO has done half as well, I hate to see it die, but it is hard to get excited about an MMO with no players.

Thanks for any responses, I am hopeful people could come back!

Soulwalker

I'm afraid there's no hope at all. My guild used to raid on wednesday and friday. Now we're lucky if there's 5 people online. I think there's many people waiting for gamigo to spend money on the game, create new content, fix bugs... so they will come back, but for now there are no changes.

Quote Originally Posted by namahs View Post
    I came back for the third time to play again. I started a new Primalist and determined I will not use any macros until I am max level to really learn the class well and challenge myself.

The game is still fun, the content works, the options for leveling are there, I still love the souls and Rifts and invasions and adventures.

But it is empty. I was one of 2 or 3 people in each zone I have been to. Even the cities are abandoned.

Is there any hope that players will return? Is there some super-server that is active? Rift did so many things right that no other MMO has done half as well, I hate to see it die, but it is hard to get excited about an MMO with no players.

Thanks for any responses, I am hopeful people could come back!
    Unfortunately, this is pretty much always going to be the case for most mmos, especially older ones like Rift even when it was more populated. The vast majority of people are playing at the cap and those who aren't will always rush there to play with their friends and or more people. Individual shard populations don't matter much as the game already load balances people to shards that have the most people on it at any given time throughout the day. I'd say jump into Instant Adventures in between questing burns as you'll find more people doing those than you will out in the open world and or dungeons.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Ascendant

From where we stand (we're in Europe), Rift never really was marketed or advertised broadly ... we've asked about it several times, (from just after launch until ... well a while ago) because it had (and in itself still has) so much to offer .... so sad to see how things have gone.

We're still keeping an eye on things, because there's always hope. But as others have stated, things have deteriorated a lot. Broken promises, incorrect information, no information at all ... We do hope some of the worst decisions (like the planar fragments) will be reversed, as was spoken about and that there still is a future for the game. There are still many people who love this game ... and are willing to help in any way they can

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    From where we stand (we're in Europe), Rift never really was marketed or advertised broadly ... we've asked about it several times, (from just after launch until ... well a while ago) because it had (and in itself still has) so much to offer .... so sad to see how things have gone.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. My husband & I stopped playing Wow, and were going from one MMO to another trying loads of games and not finding one we were really happy with. We read loads of gaming reviews, Went to lots of gaming sites, and Rift was nowhere. We only found it because someone was talking about it in some gaming forum we were looking through. I really think Rift could have given Wow a run for their money had they spent $$$ and advertised the game.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Rift

I doubt there is much hope for Rift or any of the Trion games at all. I read one post that said Gamigo runs all their games in all the Countries they are in with a total of 250 people. They fired all but 25 people for all the Trion games. Good bye to customer service as well as any game improvements.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticGypsy View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head. My husband & I stopped playing Wow, and were going from one MMO to another trying loads of games and not finding one we were really happy with. We read loads of gaming reviews, Went to lots of gaming sites, and Rift was nowhere. We only found it because someone was talking about it in some gaming forum we were looking through. I really think Rift could have given Wow a run for their money had they spent $$$ and advertised the game.
    They did advertise, but mostly when the game was new, and often with a dig at WoW.

Champion

It's a catch-22 situation, I think.

People will return if the gaming company takes an active interest in the game. The company will release expansions and such if the people return.

There are plenty of old games that are still around. EQ1 is one example. They release expansions regularly. Maybe Rift should follow their example, i.e., servers with progressive expansion release, other servers where players vote whether or not to install the next expansion on their server, etc.

I believe the next 1-2 years will decide Rift's fate. I think the company will do a lot of small things, and if the players don't return in significant numbers, they'll pull the plug, or maybe sell the game to another company.

Rift Disciple

Camelot Unchained (pvp) and Pantheon Online (pve) seems to be the futur mmorpg people are waiting. They both have the oldschool look player from Everquest and DAoC are looking for and so Rift has (except some shiny stuff/wings,etc.).
    Rift as someone said is not advertise anywhere. You can read thousands of reddit topics and no one will ever mention Rift.
    So with advertising and new patch/raid/things to do in the game, perhaps Rift will grow again but with trion prime server fail people have already give another chance to the game in march 2018 so it will be hard.

A lot have went to Elder Scrolls Online. It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sylaen View Post
    Camelot Unchained (pvp) and Pantheon Online (pve) seems to be the futur mmorpg people are waiting. They both have the oldschool look player from Everquest and DAoC are looking for and so Rift has (except some shiny stuff/wings,etc.).
    Rift as someone said is not advertise anywhere. You can read thousands of reddit topics and no one will ever mention Rift.
    So with advertising and new patch/raid/things to do in the game, perhaps Rift will grow again but with trion prime server fail people have already give another chance to the game in march 2018 so it will be hard.
    There are a lot more interesting MMOs currently in development, like Crowfall, Chronicles of Elyria, Star Citizen and Ashes of Creation. And then I haven't even started on the Asian ones.
    Last edited by Veldan; 12-18-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Default New Server? Oo wow

Hey ppl!) i used to play that game be4, and now i noticed that new server is open... So how is it going? Everyone playing on that Progress server or what?
    Cuz i downloaded the game.. (original one) and noticed that i missed some of my chars.. and Servers r down, only one left - Alfa.
    So..... where all ppl r?)
    and if u all playing on that new server.. pls tell me. Is sit like from the beggning? the Original rift? 50 lvl and stuff. And also... is there posibility to transfer chars to that new one server?
    Ty!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    There are a lot more interesting MMOs currently in development, like Crowfall, Chronicles of Elyria, Star Citizen and Ashes of Creation. And then I haven't even started on the Asian ones.
    Traditional MMOs as we know them, are confined to a pretty much dead genre at this point. Asian MMOs are garbage grindfests and are of little interest to a Western audience - they all flop. Developers have failed to innovate and Development has thus been stagnant for years. The only even remotely good MMO these days is FFXIV.

It is highly doubtful the glory days of WoW, Everquest, Guild Wars etc. will ever return.

I hear the MMO genre is dead so often it is laughable. People got excited in the early days when EQ1 got a few hundred thousand subscribers. The landscape was completely changed when WoW got millions. It's all relative.

There is no modern WoW MMO in terms of massive uptake, but MMOs are still pulling in millions of players collectively. There's still plenty of demand for a well made game.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Nakuden View Post
    Traditional MMOs as we know them, are confined to a pretty much dead genre at this point. Asian MMOs are garbage grindfests and are of little interest to a Western audience - they all flop. Developers have failed to innovate and Development has thus been stagnant for years. The only even remotely good MMO these days is FFXIV.

It is highly doubtful the glory days of WoW, Everquest, Guild Wars etc. will ever return.

Not true. Neither Blade & Soul nor Black Desert was a flop. BDO is one of the most succesful currently running MMOs in the West actually, up there with ESO and FFXIV. Of course there are Asian MMOs that are garbage and flop (Bless), but there are Western MMOs that flop too (Wildstar). That doesn't mean there aren't also good ones.

MMOs are absolutely not dead. It's true that there has been a lack of innovation, and the genre stagnated for a while, but I don't think this trend will continue. None of the (mostly crowdfunded) MMOs that are currently being made are that type of stagnant, more-of-the-same game.
    Last edited by Veldan; 12-19-2018 at 02:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast