+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Is there any hope for a population increase?

If they can release a 5.0 expansion soon maybe but I dont think they have enough man power to create raid, dungeon I mean content Hardly 5 people working for a MMORPG so dont expect too much stuff

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    but there are so many more playstyles than that.
    This is of value to you but even in the fallout of boa there isn't an uptick of players rushing to rift for the soul tree system.
    Last edited by Sails; 01-01-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    If they can release a 5.0 expansion soon maybe but I dont think they have enough man power to create raid, dungeon I mean content Hardly 5 people working for a MMORPG so dont expect too much stuff
    I wouldn't even slightly hope for a 5.0 until at least late next year, and that's the very least and to be something taken to not be anything like the scales of 2.0 and 3.0 (but most hopefully with a better gameplan than 4.0).

All I cross my fingers for next year is that Prophecy of Ahnket is wrapped up.

I doubt there'll be another expansion for this game. Perhaps a few incremental updates here and there with the release of already semi-completed content from before the old team was let go. But even then, new content was too difficult a task even with an entire year to release something for a much larger team than they currently have.
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-01-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by namahs View Post
    I came back for the third time to play again. I started a new Primalist and determined I will not use any macros until I am max level to really learn the class well and challenge myself.

The game is still fun, the content works, the options for leveling are there, I still love the souls and Rifts and invasions and adventures.

But it is empty. I was one of 2 or 3 people in each zone I have been to. Even the cities are abandoned.

Is there any hope that players will return? Is there some super-server that is active? Rift did so many things right that no other MMO has done half as well, I hate to see it die, but it is hard to get excited about an MMO with no players.

Thanks for any responses, I am hopeful people could come back!
    This game has been in palliative care since 2015/2016 well before the new owners came along. It's not a matter of if the game will die or even when - it has well and truly happened already. The new owners are responsible for putting as little effort and resources as possible while wringing out some last profits. Apparently they are well known for keeping a whole graveyard of games afloat so maybe the game will still exist in some way just with no players logged in. MMO games are just not sustainable in today's market - try something different until the situation changes, there are loads of really good games out there they just aren't MMOs.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyThump View Post
    MMO games are just not sustainable in today's market - try something different until the situation changes, there are loads of really good games out there they just aren't MMOs.
    I have tried that but I seem to belong to the kind of players who are only enthusiastic about MMORPGS. Even highly acclaimed single player games (Witcher 3, Skyrim, Pillars of Eternity) bore me after a few hours. I have tried Beat em Ups, Jump and Runs, Action Adventures, Shooters but everything unsuccessfully. Currently only hardcore racing simulations (Assetto Corsa,Rfactor, I-Racing, Race Room) and a few VR games (Beat Saber, Eleven Table Tennis) can lure me in front of the screen for a short time. My love definitely belongs to the MMORPG genre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3