+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: since 2011...

Telaran

Default since 2011...

shortly after Rift launched, I installed Rift. I picked up the 12 month subscription and never looked back. through the succeeding years, I kept that subscription active, regardless of any other game I was playing. I never stopped paying into Rift, and the subscription is still active as I write this. I made use of the in game store whenever I could, and when the game went F2P, I maintained subscriber status, uninterrupted. I felt like if I enjoyed something as much as I did Rift, then I should participate as much as I could to keep it healthy and running. I fully intended to maintain subscriber status after the transition to gamigo.

recently, when I tried to update my client, I began getting "error: #3300" messages, I put in tickets, posted on the forums, did EVERYTHING support said to try until support just stopped communicating with me. I also bought a new computer. guess what? right, continuing "error: #3300's". so I'm guessing that somehow trion's tattered old code has never been updated or recoded so that it can hang onto a download.

I have successfully downloaded ESO, GW2, Aion, and Tera since I tried and failed to download Rift. what the hel is wrong with Rift? why won't anyone help a loyal player? most of all, why can't the game maintain an FTP direct download or offer a USB plugin or game disk for me to purchase and install from? it's not like anyone can steal a game that's free and requires an account to play.

I find myself in the sorry situation of having to cancel the drain on my financesfrom Rift if the game remains unplayable. I do NOT want to do that. I will be cross-posting this in the tech support forum as well because I really want to be seen and, especially, helped. how gamigo responds to this will tell me a lot about the future of my beloved Rift.

regards from a very unhappy camper

Did you try the stuff from this thread?: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...or-3300-a.html

and here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...aming_updates/

I haven't seen any issues myself, but just with a quick glance it seems to be a problem with the patcher itself so you my want to dig through some of those threads as well as the potential solution listed in the reddit link. Just google Rift Error 3300 and there's quite a bit that pops up for you look through.

In regard to CS giving you help: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5368747

They're still in a transitional period and likely will be (unfortunately) for a while longer still.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-28-2018 at 05:40 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Did you try the stuff from this thread?: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...or-3300-a.html

I haven't seen any issues myself, but just with a quick glance it seems to be a problem with the patcher itself so you my want to dig through some of those threads as well as the potential solution listed in the reddit link. Just google Rift Error 3300 and there's quite a bit that pops up for you look through.

In regard to CS giving you help: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5368747

They're still in a transitional period and likely will be (unfortunately) for a while longer still.
    the reddit posts are 3-5 years old and the first linked thread ended like this:

"Per what I saw above I tried:
    Repair
    Run as admin
    Rebooted the PC.

I still can't get past the 3300 error. It downloads for a while, and then dies with the error. Anything else to try? "

then silence.

as I said, I did EVERYTHING support said to do until they got involved with their transition and stopped talking. I have googled and searched and read through numerous posts and threads and tried it all. one "proven fix" totally farked the small amount of the game I had managed to acquire by endlessly starting and stopping the download.

I bought a new computer that is now giving me the same blighted error.

I. want. a. complete. hard. copy. of. the. game. I am willing to pay them for it.

but, TYVM for replying. support from anyone means a lot.
    Last edited by EnnCee; 11-28-2018 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EnnCee View Post

I. want. a. complete. hard. copy. of. the. game. I am willing to pay them for it.

but, TYVM for replying. support from anyone means a lot.
    Would some-one be able to upload an up-to date version for you? Or maybe download through Steam? Though not sure if that then locks you into always doing Rift stuff through Steam.

I don't know anything about the error, just trying to think of ways around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

So basically Trion never bothered fixing problems dating back 3 to 5 years ago...

Soulwalker

Have you tried to login on another account?
    If that does work it has to be something with your account.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnnCee View Post
    I also bought a new computer. guess what? right, continuing "error: #3300's"

Did you, by chance, continue to use some of the old software from the other PC like a Firewall/Anti-Virus program? some of those can be easily triggered into giving a false postive for nasties everytime Glyph updates the game, using Trump's favourite one here myself Kaspersky and never had an issue, might just be an extra avenue to check out

There's no point in whining to Gamigo about mistakes another company made. As was already said, they're in transition and it will take some time for them to get up to speed with CS. Trion failed for many reasons, but no point in beating a dead horse. Let's just hope Gamigo can fix this game and reinvigorate the population.

are you like, (for a lack of a better way to put it) controlling all your programs individually thru a firewall somehow? ... if you are then that may be it and your firewall is blocking it. also i would try going to your app data ->local -> glyph and move that whole folder out of there to some where else to force glyph to rebuild it (maybe something got corrupted) ... also make sure you have direct x and which ever vc++ package rift is using, installed and/or repaired ... that's all i got to suggest cuz iv reinstalled rift countless times and never had any issues ... unless it your network provider dropping you then its not rifts problem.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Default Perhaps this will help...

Found this:

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...-3300-a-2.html

Original-Text:

Hey,

the team work did it - the TRION tech support guys and me here finally made the RIFT game to become updated and playable.
    How was it done :
    - find game logs in : c:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Glyph\Logs -> the latest one is the one with 0
    - open/read the log file - and find lines that look like that :
    "[2018-01-07T11:08:53Z] ERR (#3300): http://rift-update.dyn.triongames.co...05DC8A73C647D8
    [2018-01-07T11:08:53Z] ERR (#3300):"
    - copy/paste the link into your browser
    - download all missing/listed files
    - place them into the game dir ( RIFT\Live\Download\STABLE-xxx ) - there should be the same files but with 0 kb weight - just overwrite them
    - run GLYPH
    - hover over RIFT - right click - press update
    - wait for another Error #3300
    - close GLYPH
    - repeat

at the end I was still missing the tiny 2.4 kB file - here is the link to it:
    "http://rift-update.dyn.triongames.com/ch1-live-streaming-client-patch/content/patchlive03/assets/map/pd_trove/pd_trovegamedata_0.pak.lzma2?sha1=7D40B3B401E1221E 9882E4210D86D60FFC0E6BFE"
    (courtesy of Senior GM Nord)

I know that's maybe not the best solution you dream of but hey - it works!

It took us over a week to get to the end. For me it lasted a bit longer as it started with the event's patch (so I have lost a possibility to play through the Yule event and earn anything...).

Thanks goes to : GM Tidus, GM Aleniss and Senior GM Nord.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Ascac; 11-29-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Xly
    Plane Touched

If there's 0kb files ... have you tried deleting those and then running a repair?

I almost wonder if it would be easier to completely uninstall RIFT and Glyph and reinstall them. I came back to the game recently and had to do a fresh install since it wasn't on my computer and it's been fine. It didn't take that long honestly to install and they have that thing that WoW does where you can play the game before it's finished installing. So might be worth a try.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 11-29-2018 at 06:57 AM.

He mentioned that he already did a fresh install on a new PC and still has the same issue. As others are mentioning, it could be a firewall issue blocking him.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

I'd say 90% chance something like a firewall is blocking glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    So basically Trion never bothered fixing problems dating back 3 to 5 years ago...
    Do you blame Trion if the firewall is giving a false positive or the firewall? Most people who are using a firewall don't seem to experience this issue. So I'd blame the firewall.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    I'd say 90% chance something like a firewall is blocking glyph.

Do you blame Trion if the firewall is giving a false positive or the firewall? Most people who are using a firewall don't seem to experience this issue. So I'd blame the firewall.
    The issue could also be the other way around - "Glyph's firewall" blocking him, serverside. I had that once Could only be solved by either getting a new IP address and getting lucky or (at the time) Trion unblocking my IP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast