+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: since 2011...

Plane Touched

as janky as it may sound: try downloading the game through steam.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    The issue could also be the other way around - "Glyph's firewall" blocking him, serverside. I had that once Could only be solved by either getting a new IP address and getting lucky or (at the time) Trion unblocking my IP.
    Then you can't download anything at all. So that can't be the case.

Try uninstalling the game.

Go to %LOCALAPPDATA% in windows explorer and look for any rift or glyph folders and delete those.

Try a fresh install of the game and run the installer as administrator. Right click and run as administrator on the .exe file.

If it asks to make a firewall exception click "yes."
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Telaran

hello, all! I have tried just about every thing you mentioned and more; that "hey guys! teamwork..." post cost me 6 gigs of download that I had laboriously gained by starting the DL multiple times over several days. I am curious about the trion ip blocking, but then, seems as if they were doing that, I'd not be able to connect to their servers at all. I have gone through and hand allowed EVERY .exe that had anything to do with the glyph launcher or the rift game files themselves. I have uninstalled and head-hunted every rift.glyph file on my computer and tried to reinstall. I have been at this since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving.

I do not feel that I am capable of port forwarding, which, may be the issue, so....I will try the DL through steam, even though I HATE steam installs. I guess when there is nothing left but steam...

I'll keep posting as I fail or succeed, since, right now, we have to help each other. thank you all for the time and interest. it's a misery to go through this, but it would be a horror to go through it alone.

...I tend to panic...:P

Telaran

the steam downloading is working...wow

the issue now becomes: my steam login is different from my rift login (I didn't consider that before I started the DL), will I be able to login on my established rift account, OR will I need to uninstall/delete/make a matching steam ID/ re-DL?

at least it's DL'ing. not sure what that means for the trion programming.
    Last edited by EnnCee; 12-01-2018 at 12:32 PM.

i don't use steam but I'm pretty sure you might have to go thru rift support, i think they can help with that. problem will be how long that takes to get to your ticket with Gamigo taking over ...
    unless someone here knows something different .... at least you got rift downloading now, moving your account shouldn't be that big of a deal i don't think ... good luck
    Last edited by Merlin666; 12-01-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EnnCee View Post
    the steam downloading is working...wow

the issue now becomes: my steam login is different from my rift login (I didn't consider that before I started the DL), will I be able to login on my established rift account, OR will I need to uninstall/delete/make a matching steam ID/ re-DL?

at least it's DL'ing. not sure what that means for the trion programming.
    Steam version is a streamlined version of glyph. You still have to login manually. The accounts are not linked.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ripperino View Post
    Steam version is a streamlined version of glyph. You still have to login manually. The accounts are not linked.
    hello all....the DL is complete; came off without a SINGLE hitch. when I logged into Rift, it gave me the option to link my steam and rift accounts or not; I linked them. I'll probably wish I had not done that, BUT everything is A-ok.

anyway, if I want to, all I have to do is uninstall Rift; make a new steam account and re-DL and choose not to link.

thank you all for helping me through an unpleasant time...strange how the old glyph just does not want to play nice, huh

Soulwalker

Hey Guys,

I downloaded the game from Glyph client last Friday. was completed in 45 mins, 17gb and I was able to play. Like previously stated in forum this might be due to firewall or ISP not sure.

anyway, let's play some rift

Cheers

BK

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Battl3K1ng View Post
    Hey Guys,

I downloaded the game from Glyph client last Friday. was completed in 45 mins, 17gb and I was able to play. Like previously stated in forum this might be due to firewall or ISP not sure.

anyway, let's play some rift

Cheers

BK
    all glyph.exe's, .app's hand allowed through the firewall; contacted bitdefender; tried a DL with NO bitdefender; windows firewall turned off...can't see that it's a firewall issue.

Rift Disciple

Just a thought...perhaps the hard drive you have it installed on might be starting to fail. Have you tried installing on a different hard drive?

I had a game that was having problems launching. Would re-install it and it would work once or twice then fail to launch again til even a reinstall would work. installed on a different hard drive and it was fine after that.

Eventually other games (including rift) started failing to launch (It's been awhile, but I think I was getting the 3300 error code) and had to replace the hard drive.
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra> <deleted chars and guild>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zegapain View Post
    Just a thought...perhaps the hard drive you have it installed on might be starting to fail. Have you tried installing on a different hard drive?

I had a game that was having problems launching. Would re-install it and it would work once or twice then fail to launch again til even a reinstall would work. installed on a different hard drive and it was fine after that.

Eventually other games (including rift) started failing to launch (It's been awhile, but I think I was getting the 3300 error code) and had to replace the hard drive.
    it's a brand new computer with 2 hardrives; I tried them both with the same error. the same error that I got from the older computer that had 2 hardrives that I tried to install on multiple times. I found a small peripheral hardware issue with an "iffy" mouse cord; I added a new mouse and still got the same error.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2