+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: simple question for the new team

Default simple question for the new team

I have a simple question for the new team.

Will you release new Rift content in the next few months? I have 6 day left on my rift subcription.
    After more than a year without content, i won't renew patron pass if nothing is planned for Rift...
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

I wouldn't renew until actual new content is released; not just claims that it's in the pipeline. Play F2P to scratch the itch if you must, but actually subscribing is going to be a waste of money.

As much as new content is important, I'd like them to focus on improving the existing game first. The game has a lot of things that need improving or changing and doing that will bring in much needed additional players. The game first and foremost needs a healthier population. Most players didn't quit RIFT due to lack of content, but due to various other game problems. Fix those first, revitalize the game, and then we can talk about new content.

Champion

Thumbs up newbie

Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    I wouldn't renew until actual new content is released; not just claims that it's in the pipeline. Play F2P to scratch the itch if you must, but actually subscribing is going to be a waste of money.
    subbing in a waste lol your extream noob
    you just want f2p cause its p2w picture a game were you have to work to get gear.. that be hard
    no more breaken out the CC
    they should fix PRIME and do it the right way this time

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    As much as new content is important, I'd like them to focus on improving the existing game first. The game has a lot of things that need improving or changing and doing that will bring in much needed additional players. The game first and foremost needs a healthier population. Most players didn't quit RIFT due to lack of content, but due to various other game problems. Fix those first, revitalize the game, and then we can talk about new content.
    I'd say missing content is currently the biggest problem why long term players leave the game. Almost all members in my guild (many players who have been playing the game for more than 3 years) have left the game, not because of bugs or other things but only because there was no new content for more than one year that would have kept the game interesting.

When I choose a new game I always check first if the game delivers new content regularly. New content and catching up mechanics for newcomers or returners is the water that keeps the mill running.
    Last edited by Bamul; 11-29-2018 at 10:28 PM.

I mentioned like maybe 3 times our CM is dont know anything about rift system, etc. The main problem is silence we are asking questions and waiting like weeks we got like nothing. That thing is really irritating. I asked like 3 times which devs are working for rift now or are we gonna see stream etc. What I got was nothing and still same. Population is clearly dying loyal players are quitting. Just what is happening we need answers already.

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Do they even have a plan?

We need clarification to continue supporting Rift.
    Anksata@zaviel - Last Dawn
    Rift Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft View Post
    Do they even have a plan?

We need clarification to continue supporting Rift.
    Plan is to keep telling us that one day they may put energy into Rift, but not any time soon.
    Oh but Fae Yule is new content...
    And spend moneys please.
    And we sacked most the Rift team, and we aren't employing anyone else.

No news, so patron pass cancelled.

I won't buy new subscription or credit packs until a new expansion is released.

Soulwalker

do you guys honestly believe threatening the game by not subbing will trigger developers to come up with new content in hopes of saving the subscription?

Only by subbing will you support the staff and by doing that ensure that they have a job to create content for us...

just saying...

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Battl3K1ng View Post
    do you guys honestly believe threatening the game by not subbing will trigger developers to come up with new content in hopes of saving the subscription?

Only by subbing will you support the staff and by doing that ensure that they have a job to create content for us...

just saying...
    There are no developers, and in current rift state investments in game would not produce enough money in return. So gamingo doing sensible thing - keep servers online without much investments in development. It is ok to spend money if you want - just don't expect any content beside regular events and maybe some stuff in store.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Telaran

Gamigo spent millions of dollars buying this game and the others. If they do not have the money to keep developing the game without our support, they should not have spent that much OR they should just announce right away that it's shutting down. It is NOT fair for them to expect us to pay for the same old content without getting anything in return. If the game is not worth playing, why keep paying? At least we WANT to pay, as soon as there is something worth paying for, which means they have all the incentive they need to develop stuff. We just need to know it's actually happening!

just saying...
    Please, don't use that phrase ever again. It isn't as nice as it sounds. "Just saying"....

Soulwalker

sure no problem bro,

just saying

cheers

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Gamigo spent millions of dollars buying this game and the others. If they do not have the money to keep developing the game without our support, they should not have spent that much OR they should just announce right away that it's shutting down. It is NOT fair for them to expect us to pay for the same old content without getting anything in return. If the game is not worth playing, why keep paying? At least we WANT to pay, as soon as there is something worth paying for, which means they have all the incentive they need to develop stuff. We just need to know it's actually happening!

Please, don't use that phrase ever again. It isn't as nice as it sounds. "Just saying"....
    Gamingo spent very modest amount of money on these games - development will require significantly bigger amount. They also not stopping development of profitable titles (Trove) and support of externally developed games (ArchAge).
    Nobody saying that they don't have money. It just it makes sense in invest in development (even at reduced pace) of some games (Trove, ArchAge) and it does not make sense to waste money on development of games which are not profitable (Rift, Defiance). But they still could make some money of Rift - cost of running servers without development is not too high and some players still paying, so why not to run Rift servers for a while in current state if that profitable?
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

just saying...
    I've keep subcription last year to support the game. I play rift for less than 20 hours last year because Trion put no new content on Rift.
    I won't subcribe to the game if there is nothing for me on it. The only thing i do sometimes is dimensions, and patron pass is useless for dimensions.
    If Gamemingo want me to subcribe again, they have to invest in rift and publish Rift 5.0 with a new expansion pack. I don't see how they can do that after firing all the rift dev team. (i suspect it's all the team because of the lack of communication and there is no sign of great rift dev as Archonix, Dead Simon, Roughtraptor, Captain cursor and many other... Except a new CM, we don't get any sign of activity. (And why firing Brasse and hire a new CM??? Brasse was great).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast