+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: simple question for the new team

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Battl3K1ng View Post
    do you guys honestly believe threatening the game by not subbing will trigger developers to come up with new content in hopes of saving the subscription?

Only by subbing will you support the staff and by doing that ensure that they have a job to create content for us...

just saying...
    Handing someone money in the hopes that they may one day decide to invest in development and eventually deliver a product is a very unusual form of commerce. Ordinarily, money is exchanged for goods and services.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I've keep subcription last year to support the game. I play rift for less than 20 hours last year because Trion put no new content on Rift.
    I won't subcribe to the game if there is nothing for me on it. The only thing i do sometimes is dimensions, and patron pass is useless for dimensions.
    If Gamemingo want me to subcribe again, they have to invest in rift and publish Rift 5.0 with a new expansion pack. I don't see how they can do that after firing all the rift dev team. (i suspect it's all the team because of the lack of communication and there is no sign of great rift dev as Archonix, Dead Simon, Roughtraptor, Captain cursor and many other... Except a new CM, we don't get any sign of activity. (And why firing Brasse and hire a new CM??? Brasse was great).
    Brasse told Rift's most dedicated players to leave, and they did. Now Trion is kaput. When she got laid off, she labeled the players "trolls" with some swearing thrown in for good measure, and was promptly told by the new management to stop talking.

Great community management there.

Xly
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Handing someone money in the hopes that they may one day decide to invest in development and eventually deliver a product is a very unusual form of commerce. Ordinarily, money is exchanged for goods and services.
    It's called kickstarter ;) But since this is not kickstarter, I'm completely with you

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    It's called kickstarter ;) But since this is not kickstarter, I'm completely with you
    The basis of a crowdfunded venture is that the business already has a plan for a product or service to deliver, and they're just waiting on money so they can get started. This is different from what we're seeing here: throwing money at a company that doesn't intend to do anything more than paying utility bills, in the hopes that they may change their mind. Seeing it actually makes me kind of uncomfortable.

Soulwalker

I get what you guys are saying, maybe my comment wasn't correctly stated.
    I just got back after about 3 years and enjoying lv 65 - 70 content.

What I was trying to say is that by threatening the developers/admins with removing your subscription in hopes of them releasing new content is flawed reasoning. If you feel you want to drop your subscription, just do it.

other than that I totally agree with the post

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Battl3K1ng View Post
    do you guys honestly believe threatening the game by not subbing will trigger developers to come up with new content in hopes of saving the subscription?

Only by subbing will you support the staff and by doing that ensure that they have a job to create content for us...

just saying...
    Very backwards. Imo, players would be wise to unsub and say they have w/ complaint, for those that want to. Feedback could help the team know they are running out of more players and time. Services need to be offered to stimulate players to pay. Its not the player's job to get Gamigo to get their act together. They bought into a game that invited a horrible rapport w/ its playerbase b/c of the mishandling of it. Surely Gamigo knows this. Players should act accordingly, which btw is as Trion has led them to by their actions. By now ppl should be playing other mmos anyways. This one has been at a sucky position for a long time now.
    Last edited by Sails; 12-05-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Very backwards. Imo, players would be wise to unsub and say they have w/ complaint, for those that want to.
    no, wrong again. Gamigo is new to rift, as its been pointed out elsewhere, all of Troins games was a package deal. they can, if they want, keep any or all games in maintenance mode until they figure out on witch game to spend more money on. meanwhile if rifts community goes off half-cocked and dumps there sub just to make a point then all your doing is showing Gamigo why they should not spend more money on rift ... if you need a reason to leave because you are having trouble paying the sub or your just itching for something different then fine, go, but don't sit here and dangle your sub as a carrot in Gamigos nose in hopes they make a move cuz they already made the first move by buying everything, now it's the communities move ...
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane

Soulwalker

I am not cancelling my patron pass. To do that would tell Gamigo no one cares about the game anymore and although some of you feel that way, not everyone does. Including me. I know I only have 4 posts on here but my first achievement was 2012 so it's not like I'm a new player.

My patron just ran out for the first time in years. Not because I stopped a sub, but because there are no REX for sale anymore on Laethys, and I am not going to hunt the servers for more, as I suspect Laethys isn't the only server lacking REX sales in game. On the plus side the plat is building up nicely. I guess someone will score big when I eventually leave.

I am not blaming REX sellers, of course, who would want to buy REX with RL$ to sell for plat in Rift in its current state? And to be honest, I have no need of the patron perks ATM.

Here's hoping there will be a reason to restart my patronage at some point.

PS> How do you switch off the annoying patron shield thingy? I moved it to a corner of the screen, but would prefer if it were gone altogether.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    PS> How do you switch off the annoying patron shield thingy? I moved it to a corner of the screen, but would prefer if it were gone altogether.
    edit layout, just click on the shield and disable ...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    no, wrong again. Gamigo is new to rift, as its been pointed out elsewhere, all of Troins games was a package deal. they can, if they want, keep any or all games in maintenance mode until they figure out on witch game to spend more money on. meanwhile if rifts community goes off half-cocked and dumps there sub just to make a point then all your doing is showing Gamigo why they should not spend more money on rift ... if you need a reason to leave because you are having trouble paying the sub or your just itching for something different then fine, go, but don't sit here and dangle your sub as a carrot in Gamigos nose in hopes they make a move cuz they already made the first move by buying everything, now it's the communities move ...
    That's like going into an unstaffed restaurant to build little houses out of the sugar packets with your friends, and dropping a dollar into the tip jar every other day in hopes that it'll encourage the owners to hire a cook (assuming MMO development is as easy to jump into as a kitchen, which it isn't).

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    That's like going into an unstaffed restaurant to build little houses out of the sugar packets with your friends, and dropping a dollar into the tip jar every other day in hopes that it'll encourage the owners to hire a cook (assuming MMO development is as easy to jump into as a kitchen, which it isn't).
    if you go to a restaurant your suppose to tip regardless, the restaurant wouldn't be there if it wasn't staffed ... that's a very poor example
    Last edited by Merlin666; 12-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    the plat is building up nicely. I guess someone will score big when I eventually leave

Slipmat on Wolfsbane would be very happy to 'invest' that plat if you do decide to leave, can't transfer plat from EU to NA so reduced to begging.

Rift Disciple

if you go to a restaurant your suppose to tip regardless, the restaurant wouldn't be there if it wasn't staffed ... that's a very poor example
    It's actually an excellent example. You just didn't understand it (unsurprisingly).

Rift is an empty building that used to be a restaurant you enjoy. No one works there anymore, but the new owner still lets you hang out there with your friends to reminisce about the good times. And you're telling people to leave tips? For what? In hopes that the owner looks at the tip jar one day and says "wow, there's money to be made here!" and hires cooks, wait staff, a hostess, etc.?

The only reason it's being kept open at this point is because a server is a lot cheaper to maintain than a brick and mortar retail business, and there are still a few people willing to shell out cash.

P.S.: my shard went down while I was writing this.

New or not, they as a business made the investment. They are expected to put in due dilligence to know what needs to be done and how to work their new set up. Their investment doesn't become my endeavor to grow.

Anyway you make no more compelling of a reason to waste money here. I think this desperate argument makes it worse. People aren't resubing based on some half-baked conclusion. Its based on how Trion trashed the game and their reputation with its playerbase for years now.

But your idea is to get Gamigo's attention by continuing to sub. How is this any different than what was already happening??? Players were still subbing w/ no new content besides mounts and the game left in need of a lot i of things. If Gamigo isn't going to give Rift attention and are planning to be more about the other more popular games, what is subbed will likely go to support those games not Rift. Thats a messed up exchange that I want no part of. Its what players were already saying, that Rift's quality was sacrificed to keep the other games up. The new guys should be making the game better. And proving how much better Rift will be. If not, then its just what it is.
    Last edited by Sails; 12-08-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    But your idea is to get Gamigo's attention by continuing to sub. How is this any different than what was already happening??? Players were still subbing w/ no new content besides mounts and the game left in need of a lot i of things.
    you should re-read what i said. i never said to sub to get there attention. what i said was don't quit your sub just to get there attention or specifically:

... but don't sit here and dangle your sub as a carrot in Gamigos nose in hopes they make a move cuz they already made the first move by buying everything, now it's the communities move ...
    there is a difference. the benefits of having a sub under gamigo did not change at all then when it was under troin. if your enjoying the game and there is still stuff you wanted to do and want to show your support and its no skin off your back then fine. the value of you being entertained did not change at all. but if you no longer feel the same way and suddenly feel like you outgrew this game then leave. no one has ever ordered anyone to stay here and sub the game. everyone did so of there own free will. but on the other hand, if your going to quit your sub just to get gamigos attention when you could have been enjoying whats left of the game then your a fool. do you really think gamigo is sitting somewhere reading these forums ready to pounce on some grand plan because some of the subs are getting ready to riot? ... no there not, they dont even read these forums, we are the only ones reading this stuff and maybe Fasti too cuz he reads everything here... what will be , will be and there is nothing anyone can do now to stop it. you should be lucky you did not log in to be told to uninstall everything troin related cuz they folded. gamigo will be here for the long haul otherwise they would have not bought it in the first place. its not worth getting a ulcer over it. OK I'm done with this thread. i have more pressing things to worry about like how I'm gonna get 5 more IROTP runs in for my eternal weapon for morelyes when no one seems run these things anymore ... :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast