+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Letter about Rift....soon?

Default Letter about Rift....soon?

Has there been any updated indications as to when to expect a letter about the future of Rift yet, I see archeage and Trove got theirs but as I am a rift player I am quite understandably concerned about being treated like a mushroom.

some people say "no news is good news", but recent experience tells us that "No news is, possibly really bad"

Lots of people waiting to find out if their almost 8 year journey is done...or if new owners (who surely must have an understanding of what they have bought) are going to release any kind of news...

Probably worth noting that the Gamigo site still makes no mention in news pages yet about any of this yet...some two weeks on.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Has there been any updated indications as to when to expect a letter about the future of Rift yet, I see archeage and Trove got theirs but as I am a rift player I am quite understandably concerned about being treated like a mushroom.

some people say "no news is good news", but recent experience tells us that "No news is, possibly really bad"

Lots of people waiting to find out if their almost 8 year journey is done...or if new owners (who surely must have an understanding of what they have bought) are going to release any kind of news...

Probably worth noting that the Gamigo site still makes no mention in news pages yet about any of this yet...some two weeks on.
    There is realistic scenario which will save rift - aliens will visit Earth and take over rift development.

And there is unrealistic one - gamingo will spend a lot of money on it.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

BMX
    Champion

This franchise does have potential. whether or not Gamigo sees it worth the investment is yet to be seen.

Here we sit and wait to hear what the future holds.
    Banned

I really don't know why people open threads and posts like this when current CM staff is actually coming from same pedigree with old ones, unless Gamigo assigns new CM people like they mentioned on ArcheAge letter, I wouldn't expect any news yet specially after seeing such patch notes
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Aileen I opened this as am fed up with the black hole regarding information....I am and can be very patient, but i sunk lots of very hard earned cash into this game and still hold to the old principles of effective communication...keep quiet and lose customers, speak up and maybe still lose customers.

ach , dunno why I bother really, likelihood of any decent "making happy customer" news on this game this week (next week, this month etc,,,) is pretty remote.

BMX
    Champion

Aileen I opened this as am fed up with the black hole regarding information....I am and can be very patient, but i sunk lots of very hard earned cash into this game and still hold to the old principles of effective communication...keep quiet and lose customers, speak up and maybe still lose customers.

ach , dunno why I bother really, likelihood of any decent "making happy customer" news on this game this week (next week, this month etc,,,) is pretty remote.
    Well, since we have no rock solid information other than speculation and conjecture at this point, I agree, it would be nice if there was an introduction to the Golden Gate Games people.
    This group does include 50 Trion peeps that were hired on by the new boss...

Frankly, to sort this game as it stands, would it really take the national debt to the tenth power? Not in the least.
    Yus, it would take an investment to bring forth some new content that is doable with the current state of souls. Yus, there will need to be a concerted effort from devs and programmers that are actually competent in the trade. That might not include the proper scaling of souls at this time which is ok. A little fine tuning is likely necessary since the blanket nerfs
    But, that can be announced in the near future. Right now, a simple introduction and mention of the near term future is owed to the community.
    The number of players that are dormant but would likely return is prolly larger than we and Gamigo, et al think or know.

Will peeps leave the game at this point, most likely, yes. With this radio silence it feels as though Trion is still at the helm.
    Banned

I'm talking logical point of view, current people whoever is in charge with RIFT do not even bother with sending shards will be taking down announcement which we used for years even from day one and you expecting them to contact with you about any news, unless gamigo wants to start communication there is no point opening threads or posts like this.

We opened similar minded threads about game when Trion owned it yet, but our dear CM team on that period either close that threads with qualifiying them as "non-constructive" or kept being silent, thats why I said current people who is labelled as CM staff for RIFT coming from same pedigree of that people, I know you liked Brasse and some others but I didn't and that kind of attitude is the why. So let me rephrase again, what you expect by opening such kind of thread? and yes you are not only one who spent cash on this game

Please be realistic and logical, this kind of fantasy expectations and way of thinking is actual reason for state of the game.
    Last edited by aileen; 11-07-2018 at 07:23 PM.

I like to think I have a logical mind (my working life requires this) and yes maybe asking for some simple "hi we are glad to meet you all" from Gamigo/blockescence/golden gate games is asking the impossible - of course it may be that until the aquisition process is completed they are not legally permitted to enter into discourse.

That being said, I am still a customer and this forum is the only place where I can exert my right as a customer to request information on a product I have purchased.

this:
    !Please be realistic and logical, this kind of fantasy expectations and way of thinking is actual reason for state of the game.!
    this annoys me....the above has absolutely nothing to do with me, and has everything to do with how TRion senior management enforced their communication strategy.

Aileen the way phrase things is important and in this case it reads as though you are trying to lay the blame at the feet of a player who has been both an advocate for the game, but has also been vociferous about the need for effective communication...for years!.

As for Brasse, I tolerated her, she was funny at times, and also a bit acerbic, but was very plain spoken - much like Daglar actually, and if not for her then none of us would have known what was happening in October.

In any case, my time here is almost done.
    Have fun all.

realise the above may come across as a bit grumpy, and I have perhaps misinterpreted what was being said so if that is the case then my apologies!.

You know parting is such sweet sorrow and after 8 years (including beta) its been such a big part of my recreation that its...well you get the idea.

That being said - its not the first time I have walked away so with that in mind...I think its maybe...

Time for a bit of fun:

Post a song that reminds you of rift (in any way...good or bad) and we can all have a little bit of a laugh and giggle...up first is (and my most sincere apologies to everyone for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg

I like to think I have a logical mind (my working life requires this) and yes maybe asking for some simple "hi we are glad to meet you all" from Gamigo/blockescence/golden gate games is asking the impossible - of course it may be that until the aquisition process is completed they are not legally permitted to enter into discourse.

That being said, I am still a customer and this forum is the only place where I can exert my right as a customer to request information on a product I have purchased.

this:
    !Please be realistic and logical, this kind of fantasy expectations and way of thinking is actual reason for state of the game.!
    this annoys me....the above has absolutely nothing to do with me, and has everything to do with how TRion senior management enforced their communication strategy.

Aileen the way phrase things is important and in this case it reads as though you are trying to lay the blame at the feet of a player who has been both an advocate for the game, but has also been vociferous about the need for effective communication...for years!.

As for Brasse, I tolerated her, she was funny at times, and also a bit acerbic, but was very plain spoken - much like Daglar actually, and if not for her then none of us would have known what was happening in October.

In any case, my time here is almost done.
    Have fun all.
    I'm not blaming you in any particular way but the way of thinking done by general part of population who either kept being silent on forums or kept defending on going issues for years and kept living on fantasy world, I can enlist you many threads to point communication issues from any time frame starting with when dahanese left (I didnt like her too but at least she was talking way more frequently and listening players) and Ocho etc joined CM team but no need to go that much back just lemme show you few threads;

This are just very early ones started with PoA/SFP release, each of them screaming for communication and issues but interestingly same type of players kept defending, most replies done by CMs sarcastic and not covering any actual concerns of thread etc. Thats what I was referring yet, you expecting some kind of reply will be done with such thread opening?

Let me tell you something Keepro keep visiting HQ of Gamigo but even he didn't get a chance to reach any particular people from Gamigo to do small interview yet keep getting suggestions like you can email this or have business card of certain guy to contact.

That's what I meant by be realistic when this people who left in charge of game do not even bother with shards going down in X time messages in game but suddenly closing shards, do not even do single database optimization which we used to get (like guild log not getting latest entries removed as usual) etc. Just enjoy the game while it will last, gamigo already show their colours and intentions with letters for ArcheAge and Trove, making livestream happen for Trove to cooldown precious Trove population. RIFT, Defiance, AR is least concerns for Gamigo.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Yus, it would take an investment to bring forth some new content that is doable with the current state of souls. Yus, there will need to be a concerted effort from devs and programmers that are actually competent in the trade. That might not include the proper scaling of souls at this time which is ok. A little fine tuning is likely necessary since the blanket nerfs
    With the tools broken, the team disbanded, and no one left to train a new team, why do you think any of this is even a remote possibility?

Sword of Telara

I'm hoping the reason we aren't hearing anything is because they are working on cleaving Rift from the rest of the games and just selling that IP, because Trove and AA are the ones they actually wanted and are talking to.

I wouldn't be upset if Daybreak was the one to buy just the Rift IP. At least they are still developing the games they have purchased.

Trion had promise a rift letter in october... We get nothing.

I won't expect any letter from Gamingo thing. If Rift were important for them, they would already spoke to the rift communauty.

Gamingo fired all the rift team so i don't expect any update for rift. Rift was a great game with a good story. I'm sad to see the end of rift developpement without any conclusion to the story.

We won't have the end of ahnket, we will never go to the plane of air, we will never see Shi-ming and many other great idea witch never being exploited.

I really hate Gamingo for destroying Rift.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    To be fair, Gamingo did not destroyed rift, Trion did. Gamingo just not interested in investing in it. And they probably will get some money from it as there are many people here which still believe in rift's bright future and going to spend money on it.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    As Isp said - Trion messed it up, and without Gamigo paying the electricity bill, I bet the servers would already been offline (since being bankrupt means that the company has no money left to pay any bills).

And although nobody currently knows what Gamigo is planning for the game, they did at least not turn off the servers the second they bought them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast