+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Letter about Rift....soon?

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    With the tools broken, the team disbanded, and no one left to train a new team, why do you think any of this is even a remote possibility?

Glad to hear you were naive enough to buy another of many excuses for the lack of content caused by the WaterCooler Club...
    Banned

Plane Walker

As I have said many times, it the Trion team had set out to intentionally destroy Rift as a game they would do exactly what they actually did in trying to grow it. Stop defending these people. They wrecked the game, the company, and still people sit here defending them.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Picked a great time for a holiday. Kicking back in Sharkeez in Grand Cayman with a morning Caybrew. Wonder if I will be able to login when I get back in a week. Seems like too much effort to give AF. Second Caybrew it is...
    Last edited by Linolea; 11-08-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    As I have said many times, it the Trion team had set out to intentionally destroy Rift as a game they would do exactly what they actually did in trying to grow it. Stop defending these people. They wrecked the game, the company, and still people sit here defending them.
    Annnndddd, we have those that are naive enough to believe that blaming the playerbase (whom of which were banned and ignored) for the spin down the toilet. Go figure!

Under Lars Buttler, we had excellent content delivery timelines which were further and fewer between post departure.
    Post Buttler, we had the advent of F2P. The subsequent "expansions" grew smaller and smaller. The gambling fetish became an epidemic. Content delivery has been paltry and for the last 1.5 years, nonexistent for the most part, yet we saw more cash grabs of desperation taking place with a blatant, wonton refusal to release content with the latest excuse being "broken tools". And there was nobody competent to repair the "broken tools"?
    Last edited by BMX; 11-08-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    realise the above may come across as a bit grumpy, and I have perhaps misinterpreted what was being said so if that is the case then my apologies!.

You know parting is such sweet sorrow and after 8 years (including beta) its been such a big part of my recreation that its...well you get the idea.

That being said - its not the first time I have walked away so with that in mind...I think its maybe...

Time for a bit of fun:

Post a song that reminds you of rift (in any way...good or bad) and we can all have a little bit of a laugh and giggle...up first is (and my most sincere apologies to everyone for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHue-HaXXzg
    https://youtu.be/4zLfCnGVeL4

In line with my avatar and Caribbean theme then ...

https://youtu.be/RZ2oXzrnti4
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Neema View Post
    I was going to post the cover by Disturbed. Lol 😀
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    I really hate Gamingo for destroying Rift.
    Wrong accusation .. TRION destroyed Rift, Gamigo are merely picking over the bones of Trion's empire looking for anything salvageable .. on that basis don't expect Rift to be loved very much, it's not the part of the games market Gamigo's parent corporates are looking for .. Gamigo is merely one cog in a LARGE structure and games per se are not the prime focus of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    As Isp said - Trion messed it up, and without Gamigo paying the electricity bill, I bet the servers would already been offline (since being bankrupt means that the company has no money left to pay any bills).

And although nobody currently knows what Gamigo is planning for the game, they did at least not turn off the servers the second they bought them.
    They have fired all the Rift Team. We were supposed to get a dev letter in October, instead of that, Gamigo bought trion, but they don't communicate with the communauty. They fired Brasse, the one who are in charge of Rift communauty.
    We don't have any information since Gamingo bought Rift....
    Just a little word about what they planned to do with Rift would be enought. But no they do nothing. Keeping servers online is not a guaranted they will do something for Rift.
    Rift definitly need a new expansion. If they don't do something in that way, that's mean they have kill Rift.
    The fact they don't communicate if a very bad signal for the communauty.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    They have fired all the Rift Team. We were supposed to get a dev letter in October, instead of that, Gamigo bought trion, but they don't communicate with the communauty. They fired Brasse, the one who are in charge of Rift communauty.
    We don't have any information since Gamingo bought Rift....
    Just a little word about what they planned to do with Rift would be enought. But no they do nothing. Keeping servers online is not a guaranted they will do something for Rift.
    Rift definitly need a new expansion. If they don't do something in that way, that's mean they have kill Rift.
    The fact they don't communicate if a very bad signal for the communauty.
    It was initial description. As we now know actual sequence was different.
    1) Trion went bankrupt and fired everybody.
    2) Gamingo bought trion's assets and rehired some former trion's people. As they understandable want to make profits they mainly focused on trove. Archage developed outside so it will continue to see updates too. Rest of the games will be milked without much investments into them.

Bottom line - nothing good will happen to rift, but main reason is trion and not gamingo.
    Last edited by Isp; 11-08-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Has there been any updated indications as to when to expect a letter about the future of Rift yet, I see archeage and Trove got theirs but as I am a rift player I am quite understandably concerned about being treated like a mushroom.

some people say "no news is good news", but recent experience tells us that "No news is, possibly really bad"

Lots of people waiting to find out if their almost 8 year journey is done...or if new owners (who surely must have an understanding of what they have bought) are going to release any kind of news...

Probably worth noting that the Gamigo site still makes no mention in news pages yet about any of this yet...some two weeks on.
    As it turns out, yes, the letter was close at hand! Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited by Fasti; 11-08-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Do you think a Livestream may happen at some point in the near future?
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    While I'm glad to see some sort of communication... but that vastly feels like a fill-in to hold people over.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    While I'm glad to see some sort of communication... but that vastly feels like a fill-in to hold people over.
    Well said, this is just big fluke nothing else. Same pedigree keep saying same words of what we have been hearing, QoL thing what we have been told by Brasse like 2 months ago nothing changed except RIFT has smallest team ever.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Glad to hear you were naive enough to buy another of many excuses for the lack of content caused by the WaterCooler Club...
    You think we'll get new content after the devs were stuck for a year and then suddenly laid off without a chance to even do any training for replacements, and I'm the one being naive?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast