+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rift Vs. WoW - Why I switched

Default Rift Vs. WoW - Why I switched

Whats up everyone, I recently made a video on why I switched to World of Warcraft and wanted to share it with the community. I Hope I'm wrong, and Rift is fed some new life. But, with the current sale of trion, and majority of the staff being let go, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Check out the video
    https://youtu.be/xIM6i-dQWfQ

Really enjoyed the many years of fun with everyone here in the community, wish everyone the best of luck, and hope to see you guys around in other games!

Playing WoW in the last expansion I got thoroughly bored with doing the same things over and over and over again... Same old same old.

Went back after the new expansion launched, same again... Well past it's use-by date.

Sadly, Rift has gone the same way over the last few years with little hope of improvement now.
    Last edited by Captain Kremmen; 11-05-2018 at 02:18 AM.

Sword of Telara

WoW is just not my game, I can't get used to it.
    As a big Everquest 1 and Vanguard Fanboy, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

Plane Touched

Default I moved my guild to WoW last year

I am really enjoying it- Legion got a little repetitive just before the BFA expansion- but overall it was a vastly better gaming experience. There are levelled dungeons, (including mythics) and levelled raids. It is always populated- the AH is busy- the lore is great and the cinematics are amazing. I still have a small guild in Rift- though it is very quiet. I had other Rift players leave for FFIV, Tera, and other games. Many are holding out for Pantheon- but the creator got in hot water for taking money for drugs and entertainment. Not sure how that will delay the sandbox going into production. Anyway- I have learned you get what you pay for. Battlenet me at Andrarose#1798

I'm exactly the opposite. I got so bored of the travesty that WoW has become during Legion that I left for good. I played BfA during beta and was so unimpressed with that as well. It took everything bad about WOD and Legion and amplified it.
    I had always switched between WoW and Rift, but now I play Rift only. Even if they were paying me to play WoW, it would not be enough to get me to return.

I agree WoW is not for everyone. Also, I have noticed that a lot of the old school WoW players have said the same things about not liking the current state of WoW. As a new player to wow I feel like these issues are nearly as big of a deal, mainly because we don't know how it use to be.

Just my opinions. Also waiting for Pantheon They need to hurry it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    As a big Everquest 1 and Vanguard Fanboy, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.
    I think you might enjoy the spreadsheet work they do there though They could also use your skills.

I'm currently seeing if I can get a decent group of EU Rift players to play Classic WoW when it comes out in Summer. Some of the more hardcore Rift players will probably stick with Rift for a few more months, but inevitably they will be looking for something new when Rift fades out. Vanilla WoW should come out at the perfect time (if not, a little too late).

One of the reasosn so many flocked from WoW to Rift was the fact they didn't like the path Blizzard were taking with the game. They also wanted a change of scenario, or they wanted more fame/recognition in a less populated game (yep this is a reason for a lot of raiders if they like to admit it or not). Early Rift was very similar to early WoW in terms of flexibility, options and challenge. I doubt many Rift players will enjoy the new WoW (though tbh late Rift was heading in that direction).

Sure Vanilla WoW has it's problems most definitely, but you know what you're getting and the magic of Vanilla WoW far outweighed the issues it had. Hard work = more memorable rewards.

If any EU players out there are keen on giving Classic WoW a go when it comes out in Summer, let me know as I have the perfect guild to join. Maybe you grew up with Vanilla WoW and want to relive that magic again, or you were late to the show and never gave it a go (then you definitely should!) I already have members from Colossus and Last Dawn from Zaviel looking at giving it a go. Would be nice to keep a community of Rift players in one place. Message me (on discord preferably) for more info.
    Last edited by Refuge; 11-06-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Im leaning towards Pantheon but also want to see what Ashes of Creation is like.

there really aint and good mmo's out at this point and i got tired of wow and since they screwed the PVP'ers in this game, as of recently iv been playing eve online ... i guess only time will tell to see what happens with this game. apparently we need to wait for Gamigo to unhide themselves in this game and speak to us ... :P <hint,hint,nudge,nudge,wink,wink ... gamigo>
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67 -> Christinuum@wolfsbane
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70 -> Lyie@hailol
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65 -> Gaviil@hailol
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDSneed View Post
    Im leaning towards Pantheon but also want to see what Ashes of Creation is like.
    I don't see the fuzz about either.

Pantheon looks like oldschool DAoC gameplay in terms of PvE, but will likely miss out entirely on the great PvP that was merged together. You also have to remember taking in the "oldschool" resting system only caters to some of us oldies who are used to it, but that will not drawn in a broader picture of players.
    They'll have a crapton of classes, obviously meaning balance mess all out on the board.
    The company doesn't seem to have any experience with any games made previously either. It's their first. So many things can go wrong.

Ashes of Creation had a gameplay movie out a month or two, and it shows some cringeworthy combat. The melee looks absolutely horrible and clunky, so I hope that's something they are changing.
    Also, Russians will be publishing and hosting the game. Rekt privacy and latency.

Camelot Unchained seems to be my goal for now, but they have a lot of pressure on them, as RvR combat is hopefully gonna be the same from DAoC.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Ashes of Creation had a gameplay movie out a month or two, and it shows some cringeworthy combat. The melee looks absolutely horrible and clunky, so I hope that's something they are changing.
    Also, Russians will be publishing and hosting the game. Rekt privacy and latency.
    AoC will be published by Intrepid in US, by my.com in Europe and by some Russian publisher in Russia. Thanks for FUD.
    Last edited by Isp; 11-06-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

When it comes to themepark MMOs it all comes down to the ones that were released up until 2014. Looking to the future there is nothing even annnounced.

I like dungeons, I like raids, I like rated structured PvP. - Modern MMOs do not offer that or it at least its not their focus. Everything has to be survival / open world pvp / sandbox / whatever nowadays.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    Pantheon looks like oldschool DAoC gameplay in terms of PvE, but will likely miss out entirely on the great PvP that was merged together. You also have to remember taking in the "oldschool" resting system only caters to some of us oldies who are used to it, but that will not drawn in a broader picture of players.
    They'll have a crapton of classes, obviously meaning balance mess all out on the board.
    The company doesn't seem to have any experience with any games made previously either. It's their first. So many things can go wrong.
    Pantheon is a copy of EverQuest 1. EverQuest 1 was a PvE oriented game and one of the most successful MMORPGS on the market (1999-2004) and the pioneer of modern theme park MMORPGS.

Pantheon has some well known developers who have been in business for a long time.
    Brad McQuaid is an American video game designer who was the key designer of EverQuest 1 and Vanguard, two of the best MMORPGS I've played to date.

I'm glad that with Pantheon the developers will concentrate only on PvE and the strengths of EQ 1 like group-oriented gameplay also during the level process and in the open world. Many players have long wished for a sequel to Everquest 1 in more modern graphics. Everquest 2 could not satisfy these players, because it has developed in a completely different direction which was probably due to the success of WoW.

Everquest 1 had at its heyday about 550,000 players which was a remarkable achievement for the time and was beaten at that time only by FFXI and Lineage, DAOC came to about 250,000 players. WoW played in a completely different league than it was released at the end of 2004 and has reached completely new target groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    AoC will be published by Intrepid in US, by my.com in Europe and by some Russian publisher in Russia. Thanks for FUD.
    And my.com has some partnership with the russians, so still rekt. So it sounds like US are going to be fine, unless someone builds a wall.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast