+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: I miss my dev's :(:(

I'm not even thinking about the prior devs. I'm looking toward hoping a better, much better set will come out of Gamigo.
    Last edited by Sails; 11-09-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Ascendant

Keyens could have just waited a little longer and he would get a nice severance package... these people did get a severance package right?

I believe they did. At least quite a few sites were reporting that early on when it all happened.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    it all comes down to this.

we are ALL responsible for how Trion ended up in this situation in some way or another.

we've all complained, cried, trolled or wanted too much for "free". added unnecessary/uncalled for stress to the developers/staff etc.

after all that B.S back and forth between us and Trion in general. this is the end result.

Do you want to save Rift? Be the solution(all of us) NOT the problem.
    I pay a sub and have since I started back in beta (check my join date)..I also have bought many packages and credits..so No not all of us are the problem. I gave more money to this game than I do or did to any other game ever!....I can not help how it was handled or the fact they went ftp and allow others to not pay and carry the load.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    I pay a sub and have since I started back in beta (check my join date)..I also have bought many packages and credits..so No not all of us are the problem. I gave more money to this game than I do or did to any other game ever!....I can not help how it was handled or the fact they went ftp and allow others to not pay and carry the load.
    You are one of the microtransaction "whales" that helped them to justify going hard into F2P and staying there. Simultaneously, you helped the game stay afloat.
    But really, you're the microtransaction Whale that companies like Gamigo thrive upon.

"The IP’s of the Trion Worlds games have been acquired by gamigo’s sister company Padmapani GmbH and are made available for gamigo group, worldwide and exclusive.

On the one hand, we add similar and successful brands and games to the already broad gamigo portfolio, on the other hand, we are looking to unlock substantial synergies with the group’s existing business to further benefit from the remarkable growth potential that the gaming market offers.’, commented gamigo’s CEO Remco Westermann.

Through the acquisition of Trion, gamigo’s management expects additional revenues of over USD 18 million and an additional EBITDA of USD 1 to 4 million for 2019. This estimate depends on the success of the restructuring and integration of Trion and is mainly based on potential economies of scale and synergies. The exploitation of economies of scale and synergies is an elementary part of the gamigo strategy and has been proven several times in acquisitions in the past.”

Expect them to try to cross-pollinate microtransactions and cosmetics from their other games, reduce staff and updates to the bare minimum (especially when the cash shop isn't involved), and expect robo-response for support whenever possible.

That's how an outfit like Gamigo keeps abandoned and acquired MMOs like Rift profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnlogic View Post
    ...Expect them to try to cross-pollinate microtransactions and cosmetics from their other games, reduce staff and updates to the bare minimum (especially when the cash shop isn't involved), and expect robo-response for support whenever possible.

That's how an outfit like Gamigo keeps abandoned and acquired MMOs like Rift profitable.
    Sadly, this is what I expect to happen. I already removed my payment information and canceled my sub, still logging in during this last month for calendar (don't really know why, a long goodbye I guess), but after the 21st or so I won't be coming back.

I did like the devs and the team, and harbor no negativity or grudges towards anyone - and I really hope everyone has found/will find gainful employment. I will miss RIFT, but for those players who are staying, I hope the situation will not be as dire as I suspect and that you can continue to enjoy Telara.

Happy Trails!!
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3