+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: I miss my dev's :(:(

Default **** the money perspective of it all

obviously these people that stuck around to the end have nothing to do with money.these people were here for longevity reasons, try to put that in your skulls and sleep on that **** because the truth of it is no one signed up to be fired , so get over yourself right when you say these people had a choice. Common sense to me says, no they did not have a choice. common sense also tells me that these people are human, just like the rest of us. if you want to sit here and ague about the ******** that we have no clue about, by all means go ahead. I posted t his for the devs and I do miss them and this is truth and I added that videos because it did come to me all of a sudden, but it makes sense here. Who wants to sit the **** around and blame others for answers when you have no clue? I wanna know..you guys need to take a look at things closely. Why not give props to the devs that kept this game up for so long..??? I think the ones that stuck around barely made any money...so there is that. Why not give them the support they truly need now? Oh because half of your ***** are dumb and blind, you don't create something just to let people down. I'm pretty right on the money that these dev's did not do that . Their intent was a good one and one that we may never understand. But don't be an ******* about it because these people are great in any aspect you try to put them in, they overrule Daybreaks ******** ever time, Because they have something different to keep up here, Rift is for sure going done in history and the reasons are that they didn't try to just cover skins of things, they tried to design another world and in my understanding they did a great job at that. Its does not matter here, the rest will follow surely. I'm a psychic by day and night and that is my profession., But it takes a keen eye of what is going on and also acceptance. The player base said things in the past , I was one of them, however if you have some one ruling you, this doesn't work out .It will never work out! These dev's deserve a round of applause because I have been there. Its not easy trying to multitask and make the players happy, but like I said above Salvatrix does deserve it because if you are here to be anything, she proves to be someone great. Sone one who will try till the very last second. Why cant we give these dev's props, all you guys are *****ing mostly. Why not see into what their life may be like??? Or try to put yourself in there shoes.? if that is to much for you , you need to get the **** out of here, just saying.
    give people a chance you will be surprised how things turn out. " you got a face with a view"-Talking Heads
    Last edited by MissGreen; 11-06-2018 at 02:37 AM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Rift Disciple

Personally I think rift's management was way too optimistic about their capabilities. They thought they could attract lots of new players by completely changing the way souls are played and people gear up. Instead of making enough dungeons and raids, they decided it was better to spend time on that:

Legendary abilities which broke souls which worked fine before that.
    RNG fragments which almost everybody hates.
    Eternal weapon procs which break balance.

I am not opposed to the idea of eternal weapons, but it can't replace lack of content and giving it these procs which makes balance harder is plain stupidity.

We don't know if the devs did their job well given the circumstances. So I wouldn't speculate about that. Maybe trion simply doesn't pay enough to attract good devs. For sure they had a small team at the end.

Telaran

I think most of the Devs did try. I think the financial guys got to involved in when and how things were released. Not every idea was good (planar frags, eternals, legendaries) but I appreciate them trying something new. They USE to admit they had made mistakes and correct them (conquest) but recently it felt like they would just double down and ignore feedback.

There was also the case where they were showing favoritism to certain raiders and giving them information that wrecked the competitive raiding that was so small to begin with. This ran off a ton of raiders that were mainly the ones helping with class balance too because , shocker, they played more then one aspect of the game.

Class devs that had no idea how to even play the classes or balance, heck one even had his bias in his signature. Constant moving of said devs and then outright removal of "class developer" into "system dev" I think it was called.

2 just horrible customer relation people. Ocho was so out of touch and Brasse was the only PR person I've ever seen that straight up told you to just play other games. I mean at least make an effort to appeal to another part of the game and not just tell them to go play another game. THESE are the people you want in a game, the ones that have played for 2 years are probably going to pop back in occasionally to see how things go, but the people you tell to F off are going to listen to that advice, and explain that to every friend they have that MIGHT have played.

Z
    Zerofate@faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    obviously these people that stuck around to the end have nothing to do with money.
    LOL, they stuck around cuz they got paid to ... it really is that simple, life aint free and some people are proactive and others are not and some may possible had an idea of what jobs were or could be kept and what not ...
    Last edited by Merlin666; 11-06-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67 -> Christinuum@wolfsbane
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70 -> Lyie@hailol
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65 -> Gaviil@hailol
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

There was a mass and I do mean mass exodus after they cut off xp for crafting. I started a thread about it back then. The problem was people leveled their alts up a bit through crafting. Big deal, I mean really who cares how you level your alts but you. In turn the AH went downhill. Farming mats was not really a thing after the cutt off. Mats used to fly off the ah...not now.

Another downfall of losing these folks was in dimension items for sale on ah. Raiders etc mostly like to raid, but they would sell their minion dimension items or caches on ah. You could pick up tons. Now not that many.

This was the only time I strongly disagreed with the devs, and here we are now. Like I said before, who cares how you level your alts be it crafting, ia's, quests, dungeons....just really who cares? I thought the goal for a game is to have more play, not have a mass exodus leaving.

You can disagree all you want with what I have said. But I sat and watched after, the player base, the ah the economy of the game, that really was the final nail in this coffin. There were many nails to this coffin like posters above stated. Players tried to speak up, nothing happened. I still don't understand why the player base was not listened to about raids, xp etc......but well...here we are now.

Today in general they are now talking about other games they are going to...and still no word from gamigo about the state of the game. You are losing what little player base was left. Do you care? Please someone take time to answer.

I miss the Dev's and those who were here to help with problems. I am trying to stay hopefull as I have a long time left sub paid for over 200 days still..but when you send in a ticket you do not get answer other than they got your ticket.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Plane Walker

Did you guys like the fact that when you got that super rare drop essence you either had to use PTW with buying unsocketers or not be able to use it until you upgraded it first? Like the way they changed planar essences by not allowing you to upgrade it from the socket itself. This was a bad move. There is so much hidden gems of disappointment with this expansion...Keep looking and you can find more and more things added to ruin the player side experience.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 11-06-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Did you guys like the fact that when you got that super rare drop essence you either had to use PTW with buying unsocketers or not be able to use it until you upgraded it first? Like the way they changed planar essences by not allowing you to upgrade it from the socket itself. This was a bad move. There is so much hidden gems of disappointment with this expansion...Keep looking and you can find more and more things added to ruin the player side experience.
    It is hard to imagine Aedynn that if they had set out to sabotage the future of the game and drive as many players as possible in this expac that they could have done a better job it than they actually did while seeking the "improve" the game.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Plane Walker

it all comes down to this.

we are ALL responsible for how Trion ended up in this situation in some way or another.

we've all complained, cried, trolled or wanted too much for "free". added unnecessary/uncalled for stress to the developers/staff etc.

after all that B.S back and forth between us and Trion in general. this is the end result.

Do you want to save Rift? Be the solution(all of us) NOT the problem.

DST
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    it all comes down to this.

we are ALL responsible for how Trion ended up in this situation in some way or another.

we've all complained, cried, trolled or wanted too much for "free". added unnecessary/uncalled for stress to the developers/staff etc.

after all that B.S back and forth between us and Trion in general. this is the end result.

Do you want to save Rift? Be the solution(all of us) NOT the problem.
    Devs implement garbage, players say "hey, I'm paying, this is garbage, you're not going to have players if you keep this up, stop it" and you're blaming the players?

Are you f- kidding me?

Telaran

Trion is the only one responsible for Trion's issues, no one else.

I think they had some GREAT ideas for making money, the wardrobe system was a great idea to make money, then they gave it away for free... I can't tell you how many transmog baubles I bought. Doubly so when people had alts.

Rune unsocketers were more appealing when you had more then, what, 4 runes?

They made the game Alt unfriendly. Long grinds for gear meant no one had time or patience to roll an alt. Guild I was in around Storm legion would have the main raid team then sometimes 3 alt raids, this got some lower leveled people in and really allowed the whole guild to experience at least some of the raid, but now it's to much work to make an alt to most people, and why would you? You can now have all crafting on one character, do all the roles on one character ( I DO like this though).

As a customer in this type of game it's a good thing to give feedback on what you do and don't like, its Trion's JOB to balance these wants and needs to give as many people what they want as they can.

But lets not pretend that they did a good job at listening, most people stopped giving feedback because it was either ignored, and some people giving that feedback might as well had a second job testing things for them, or it was used to just nerf fun things. Ever wonder why you don't see as many guides anymore? Devs nerfed from them (mainly because they couldn't figure out how to do specs) and those guide writers were generally raiders, that got thrown out to the wind time and time again.

Trion's failings are Trion's alone.
    Zerofate@faeblight

Rift Master

I miss the artistic devs. The new outfits, dimensions, and mounts have been topnotch. I used to love to pvp but when Dalgar took away valor and rewarded raiders in pvp that was it for me. I have stuck around just doing piddly things. I have not raided, no dungeons and no pvp. I kinda hoped maybe pvp would go back to the way it was when Dalgar disappeared into the ether. But alas, that never really happened.

I will not miss what they did with in-game progression and how some members were dismissive of their player base and would not listen. The ridiculous forum banning over nothing. Players being threatened and extorted over negative youtube videos. And I will never forgive you for the destruction of my chlorolock!

But I enjoyed what dead simon did, the amazing designs and features that were added to the game. Even tho I refused to do endgame content I was able to entertain myself with so much more in this game. There were some people who really contributed to the downfall of rift. It is sad to see the good ones who made telara feel like home get the shaft.

I will miss those who put their own special look into telara.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.

first of all look at daybreak and what they did with eq2. These companies do the same ****, all of them, look at wow with their new expansion and all the bad reviews of the grind fest. Perhaps towards the end these dev's made it really annoying for all of us. Again though, who is to say that was their choice? They needed to get paid and keep a roof. I honestly don't have issues with a grind but one that lasts this long is for obvious reasons, they couldn't work on other content.... Also, we have yet to know what happened beyond the scenes and where the hell is the CEO or the lead game director for that matter?? These people need to be questioned I think and none of them are showing their faces one bit which says they were a huge part of this game failing. Not the designers or the programmers/engineers of the game the people that were in charge of direction of the game failed us, that is our lead director and also Amary, She was lead producer on LIVE and assured us that the game was fine and live was fine with prime active. So, here we go in circles again.

Where are these people? I want to know.

Here is the youtube link for updates from her (Amary).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutdammAiHo
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    LOL, they stuck around cuz they got paid to ... it really is that simple, life aint free and some people are proactive and others are not and some may possible had an idea of what jobs were or could be kept and what not ...
    why are you here? to freeload and bash?

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    Here is the youtube link for updates from her (Amary).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutdammAiHo
    First Amary wasn't lead producer for the game, actually it was Archonix, second 99% things we promised, answered on that livestream didn't happen like many others, quit living in fantasy world and move on.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast