+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    signed too
    We want answers Gamigo
    My biggest concern right now is if its safe to spend or not.
    I want to know if the servers are going to be wiped, and things like loyalty are going to be reset.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkousen View Post
    I want to know if the servers are going to be wiped, and things like loyalty are going to be reset.
    Why do you expect wipe? Nothing like this going to happen. Most likely they will be running servers in current state as long as it profitable with minimal expenses - it will be no wipe and no new content.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

We all know what draws us back to this Game(RIFT).. It's just funny how such a good game.. With soooooo much potential.. fall so hard into the ground...

Food for Thought: It does start/end with the foundation built by the works who added what would be their thoughts and ideas versus the community, and one's who truly put in the hours/effort into the game.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Soulwalker

Atm Im just waiting for an announcement to know if the servers will be kept or wiped.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Why do you expect wipe? Nothing like this going to happen. Most likely they will be running servers in current state as long as it profitable with minimal expenses - it will be no wipe and no new content.
    Why do I expect a wipe? That the thing, Idk what to expect right now. Nothing was announced.
    Why not expect it then?

When there is a takeover in the mmo industry, sometimes they wipe the servers for some quick profits. Happened in other mmos.

Until we get an answer, we can only speculate.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkousen View Post
    The BIG question...
    Has Gamigo earned our purchases and most of all, our trust?
    If they want us as a community to spend with em, they must earn our trust.
    If they want us as a community to spend with em, they must give us a reason to.
    (Translation: Content Delivery)

If they "wipe the servers", they may just as well shut em off cause the community is outta here, regardless of title affected.

Frankly, the radio silence on the part of gamigo speaks loudly that further content is highly unlikely. If they were in fact seriously making Rift (Insert title) great again, our community would have seen a letter from gamigo with a plan and forecast of deployment prior to now, with loads of promotion. Since this is not the case, good luck, fellow Telarans, good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    At which point the company name changes to RUBBISHIGO... And a buncha money just went swirling down the friggen toilet...
    Last edited by BMX; 10-25-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Frankly, the radio silence on the part of gamigo speaks loudly that further content is highly unlikely. If they were in fact seriously making Rift (Insert title) great again, our community would have seen a letter from gamigo with a plan and forecast of deployment prior to now, with loads of promotion. Since this is not the case, good luck, fellow Telarans, good luck...
    I fully agree with you on this one. Silence is bad in this case. Here's an example of how it SHOULD have been done, from the CEO of CCP, creators of EVE Online:
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/pe...to-acquire-ccp

A few of the interesting bits:
    Today CCP has announced in this press release that in the coming months we will be acquired by Pearl Abyss, Korean developers of the gorgeous hit open-world action-MMO Black Desert Online.

Given our close relationship with our community we want you guys to hear this news first, directly from us, so I thought I’d provide a little bit more insight into what’s currently happening at CCP and assuage any concerns that our pilots may have about this announcement.

In fact, partnering with Pearl Abyss in my belief puts us in an even stronger position to continue to grow and nurture our amazing virtual world that we’ve spent the last fifteen years building in collaboration with all of you.

In business terms, CCP Games will continue to operate as a wholly owned independent subsidiary, with studios in Reykjavík, London and Shanghai, and we’ll integrate our development and publishing expertise into Pearl Abyss’ operations for all current and future projects.

This means that we’ll continue to be free to do what we do best, but now we’ll have the support of another tried and tested developer that’s proven their own mettle in the complex and challenging field of creating and maintaining virtual worlds. I foresee a great deal of knowledge sharing beneficial to both CCP and Pearl Abyss’ creative output.
    CCP's players got words from the man himself, stating what would happen and how it would affect the future. Trion's players got...... nothing.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 10-25-2018 at 04:05 PM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Great example, Ambrodel.

With no in kind introduction, no game plan (so to speak) and no forecast of upcoming development or content schedule, they are doing a very poor job of keeping any playerbase let alone future playerbase numbers.

*Toilet flushes in background*

Further research of this acquisition shows that blockescence plc is in to buy, improve and sell off M. O. If this is the case, we may see some improvement however, what does it mean down the road, post resale?
    Banned

Telaran

While i agree with the contents of the letter and everything in it and yes would probably find another game if it goes in to maintenance mode. I don't think the letter required a change.org petition. Also, my impression is this acquisition happen very quickly give gamigo a few days to get their ducks in a row.
    Last edited by fearhi; 10-25-2018 at 11:58 PM.
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

Telaran

Smile

I for one welcome our new german overlords and to prove my worth can identify the biggest spendthrifts in game
    Major Constipator the bad dream
    Primaelfear
    feardonkey and others

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    One has to step back and realize that the devs were dictated to by people of higher rank.
    Salv and all were not just doing what they felt like doing on a day to day basis.
    Broken tools, perhaps an ingredient however, management from the top down is more in line with direction taken.
    From what I can see they had incredible freedom to do what they wanted and Sal was a leading class dev in control of itemization. Possibly the most experienced one working on itemization that I can remember. They changed their name on forums so maybe you thought they were new..

One of the itemization woes that were not mentioned as well was the horrible concat system. This works well with raids that have individual loot system but it is horrible for those with roll on gear. It makes it incredibly hard to use DKP or manage loot rolls amongst guild members. And it is stacking RNG on top of RNG that was never necessary and one of the major complaints of the last two expansions. There was no reason to do it as well. This was not something about the price of REX going up which was the excuse used to make plat sinks like fragments. This was proven to be one of the most game restricting concepts on so many levels and did not fulfill the intended job. REX prices were sky high.. and still keep going up and up.

It is border line game breaking. Here is an example. One of the guilds I raided in had a rogue who had a crazy amount of luck with loot. They basically got most of their preserver/overlord loot in less than 6 months and decided to bench their rogue since their was nothing else for them to grind towards. So they started an alt and said it was now their main.

They were carried with the guild and instead of thinking about the terrible luck of others they began to roll on preserver/overlord gear for their supposedly "new main." The other mains who had the terrible luck realized this person was getting preserver/ overlord loot that they have been waiting for almost a year to obtain because they have bad luck and many of them quit the guild. This selfish person was also raiding in other guilds with their "other main."

People like that exist in raids today. Very selfish individuals who want all their toons to have the very best loot irregardless of recognizing that others with their mains have been waiting much longer for that loot. Trion will tell you that this sort of loot doesn't matter but if it is the most prized loot it matters because their is no new content to supersede it. If their was a new raid with new loot that people can work to earn then players wouldn't be force into such confrontations and problems. This ruins guilds.

What made things worse was how the rebalancing of classes went and class balance with the eternal went where they literally made it so that you had to restructure your raid party for more best in slot classes while telling you that you only needed a certain level of gear to perform well in that raid. For instance, how fast and easy it was if you just invited rogues and primalist since they occupy the best in slot for AE and ST at the time. It is a horrible system and they never really followed their own ruleset they placed on their playerbase.

I have nothing against Sal. It could have been because lack of actually knowing how the game worked they thought concats were a good idea and it is now hard to assume they were unfamiliar with how balancing has always worked in Rift with how long they worked there. Where top end geared players were being used to balance the game more than those in between. They never even put the proper gear for players to test on the PTS. For instance, Fluffy doesn't give you the best in slot essences/fragments or the last eternal. Yet, on discord you saw players in top end gear showing parses for devs to look at in gear 90%+ of the community had no access too and using those players to balance classes.

The way they handled itemization in PoA was terrible on many fronts. They could have handled it much better and easier too and it would have been MUCH more profitable for Trion. In fact they would have had much more free time to work on other projects rather than revisiting itemization, revisiting drop tables to make sure loot for certain classes were actually dropping and making sure that loot actually worked for the class or the stats were not like a bow or gun with mythical stats etc.

Why make the game so difficult for others and yourself at the same time when you could have made it more profitable for your company by taking another route. These types of things are why Rift became a game about dimensions and a glorified chat system toward the end. PvP and Raiding was considered the 5% of the population not because the players made it that way. It was because they neglected those players to the point where the players moved on and the most vocal people left were the dimensioneers....They made the dimensioneers the most popular thing about Rift in the live streams for months by not actually making it popular by itself but by making everything else so unpopular that it became the most popular thing left about Rift. I apologize if I offend anyone but at least a few of us left are trying to right the wrongs that have happened over the course of this expansion and hopefully someone else is listening and maybe Gamigo can use that information to fix Rift if they ever intend to.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 10-25-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    Open letter to Amiga:

Plz pull the plug, it's dead.
    You know what? If you don't want to play the game, just go away. Plenty of us do. Ever hada game you love shut down on you? I have, and it sucks. Don't be a ******.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpacesBetween View Post
    You know what? If you don't want to play the game, just go away. Plenty of us do. Ever hada game you love shut down on you? I have, and it sucks. Don't be a ******.
    Open letter to AMIGA not gamigo ... someone tried to be funny :-p

I have shared the link to the open letter on one of the newer posts on gamigo games' FB page, maybe, just maybe someone will actually read it...
    Dimensions on Brutwacht by Alliandre, Luisa, Alliendre, Kattima, Samrahia, Jaodya, Maegwynn, Guild "Stadtwache", Guild "Mules", Guild "Schlumpftastisch", several Collabs with different people - NEW: "The Headless Horseman" by Maegwynn, "Monkey Island 2", Collab on Chuliana, "Stuck at Rabbit's House (Alli)" on Jaodya

Soulwalker

Default Ja

Mir gefällt dein Text und ich stimme ihm ohne Wenn und Aber zu. Gamigo hätte nach meinem Empfinden am Tag der Bekanntgabe über die Übernahme einen Vorstellungspost im Forum veröffentlichen müssen denn es muss ihnen klar sein, dass die Spieler wissen wollen, wie die Zukunft des Spiels aussehen wird.

Anders als viele Spieler bin ich nicht geschockt über den Verkauf und kann mir eher einen Schub für das Spiel vorstellen. Ich weine Trion keine Träne nach. Aber Gamigo muss klar sein das ein Spiel wie Rift von seinen Liebhabern getragen wird, von denen, die ihr Herzblut hier rein stecken, die virtuelle Freundschaften geschlossen haben und die ein, eigentlich, tolles Spiel am Leben erhalten sehen wollen.
    Es gibt eine ganze Reihe von Forderungen die an Trion gestellt wurden und jetzt an Gamigo weiter gereicht werden, ohne Ende machen Spieler Vorschläge, was am Spiel gemacht werden müsste um es zu verbessern und ... vor allem ... das Content nachgeschoben wird, der Rift fehlt.
    Ich bin froh das Leute wie Volturnus/Seshatar sich stark machen und will eigentlich nur kund tun, dass ich deinen offenen Brief als den richtigen Weg finde.

Tut mir leid das ich in deutsch schreibe ... mein englisch hat sich nicht verbessert und ich mag meine Elternsprache :-)
    In diesem Sinne möchte ich dir danken.

Daggy/Thomas

Default TO : all those poor sods who bought an year's worth of prime subscription :

you got what you paid for lol

serves you right.
    "flurpphbtphbtpsplurrrrrtpoootis"
    a.k.a. slap matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast