+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition

Telaran

thats 5 ppl pr game :P

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    They kept 25 so I am hoping against hope
    They kept 25 people from whole trion, 0 of them from rift. Nobody will be firing developers on such scale if they have any plans to develop stuff - it takes months or years to fully onboard new people in complex systems.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Gamigo did not spend 10-20 million US dollars just to close down the games. Exactly how the games will progress is still to be determined. Some of the games that they publish are developed in-house. Some are developed elsewhere. "Development" ranges from "here's a new item to spend your real money on" to "here's new world events".

I have no illusions that the game will change. In fact it has constantly been changing over the years. I also understand that many of the possible changes may not be palatable or fun for the player base we have. However, there are a few possibilities that might make the game better. Perhaps not like how originally RIFT was - back on Mathosia in 2012.

Much remains to be seen.

Telaran

Default The future of Prime. Is anyone left to answer questions?

I know this new Gamigo company has been absolutely silent on our future in Rift/Rift Prime.

With all of the Rift developers no longer with us, will Rift Prime be stuck in Storm Legion indefinitely, or will the new company continue to push out the expansions as we progress? I know that Rift Live people want new expansions as well, but being stuck only at Storm Legion would inevitably be the downfall of Prime.

Not sure if Gamigo has anyone who can answer this yet, or if there is one Rift staff member who can, but thats my concern.

I would expect a mega post from Clowd in the next couple of days. There's a lot of stuff going on in the background besides what has been reported. Him and a few other people have a research channel going on over in The Ghar Sation Discord. Finding and compiling lots of information that they can find as to what's going on and potentially going on.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Default Uncertain Future

The future is always uncertain and certainly has always been with TRION at the helm. Gamigo spent REAL money to purchase TRION. That being the case, there's no doubt that Gamigo will do their best to plug the holes, TRION punched in RIFT, and keep RIFT from sinking further into the abyss of failed games.

There is an old adage in business acquisitions: "A new broom sweeps clean." It makes perfect sense that Gamigo would fire the people responsible for making countless bad decisions regarding RIFT. RIFT has run like absolute rubbish for the past 2 years. For nearly a year, there has been little to zero new content for RIFT. Prime doesn't count as new content but assuredly was a means to split an already dwindling population. Yeah, Prime was one of those catastrophically bad decisions that punched yet another hole to further sink RIFT.

I have decided to view Gamigo's investment as a positive sign that gives hope to RIFT not being so debilitated it's unsalvagable. I elect to believe that Gamigo taking over might actually bring back players that TRION pissed off, time after time.

One thing I know for certain, TRION made so many horrifically bad decisions, for RIFT, and treated RIFT's player base with such disdain RIFT currently isn't even a shadow of the original game. I doubt very seriously that Gamigo could do/be any worse.

I do sincerely wish all former TRION employees good fortune and happiness in life. I certainly hope they all find employment in which they can excel.
    Last edited by Zyanya; 10-24-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

Wht you see is what we got. Frankly

Shadowlander

Devs aren't responsible for the poor state of the game, it's the management. Which may be the only position not laid off. Trion was bought for trove. If rift was doing well enough to be worth keeping they wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

Caleague was bought for 7 figures and promptly dissolved. Thinking it won't happen to rift is wishful thinking at best as they have more games than rift and trion has not put any effort into the game in years. If it was profitable they wouldn't have completely gutted it.

Rift as a whole.

Trion Worlds Acquisition-f6c.jpg
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Pretty much everyone that knows MMOs, knows about Rift or has at least heard about it. Why do so many people know about Rift? Because back in 2011, Rift basically meant that you got your favourite themepark MMO in better graphics and with a few new/evolved gameplay twists. And this sells or at least sparks interest. People have an opinion about Rift.

So just from a prestige point of view, they will integrate Rift into their portfolio.

Default What we know so far!

\11/16/18 Update - Atlas Reactor has yet to receive and official letter and Rift still doesn't have new CM.

I'm going to attempt to compile a lot of the information that's been going around through the discords, forums and gaming sites. Clowd's most recent post will also be included. Thanks to him, seshatar and the rest of the community for putting in a lot of research.

The How and Why
    The short version is that while individual games were likely doing well enough and meeting their goals, the company as a whole was in the red so investors made this deal instead to recoupe their investments while also saving the company from having to file for bankruptcy. While everyone would like to believe that people higher up on the company made bank and left the rest hanging, in all likelyhood (based on what people are finding) it seems to be quite the opposite.

Game Status
    This doesn't just pertain to Rift, but on Day 1 we were already told that Gamigo (communicated through various devs that were still in office) that each game will carry on. There aren't any plans to shut anything down, at least not officially so until we hear otherwise, there's no reason to jump to conclusions without any proof that they will. There is concern from players across the board though as to how long each game will carry on for. Rightfully so. In a attempt to get some answers, Seshatar has posted a petition:https://www.change.org/p/gamigo-grou...me-rift-player

While no one realistically expects to get a direct or immediate response from Gamigo, signing it lets them know that there a lot of active players and communities built up over these 7 years and we're waiting. Hopefully official statements come sooner rather than later. This also addresses P2W aspects that Gamigo seems to be known for which none of us want, especially in Rift as they've been taking big steps away from that in recent months.

Employee Count

It was reported earlier that the layoffs only left 25 employees across both studios, but that has recently been updated to 25 per studio (Redwood and Austin respectively). There's also rumors (unsubstantiated for now, though seem likely) that all of the game directors have kept their jobs which would include Archonix if that turns out to be true. He's one of the few people who hadn't and still hasn't (to my knowledge as of this post) changed his linkedin whereas almost every other employee did that on the day of along with immediate job hunts. There has been word that many employees knew to a very small extent that this would be happening, but didn't know any details at all until they walked into work Monday morning.

Through various sources which can't be named, they have kept enough people that have enough knowledge with each game and their systems to potentially work with any new development teams they hire and or place in going forward. The only unsure thing is if that happens in the first place.

Golden Gate Games
    10/31/18 Edit: There's been quite a few sites and people posting about how Trion has dissolved and is no more which has lead to a lot of confusion. Clowd has posted a summary of what he's found so far to clear up any of the misunderstandings and misinformation going around: https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...en-gate-games/
    Trion Worlds is no more, but that's been the case since the day that the Gamigo deal was announced. They're in the process of being rebranded as Golden Gate Games and so far at least one dev still in house has changed his linkedin to the new company title. If you see anyone posting about it, discussing it or even making videos then feel free to refer them to the link above.

Future Development
    It remains to be seen what exactly will happen in regard to developing new content, but it's almost certain that none of the games with the exception of Archage (since that's developed in korea) will see any for a long a while until we hear otherwise. While Gamigo mainly hosts a library of different games, they do in fact develop a couple of them in house and most notably Fiesta which still gets regular content updates. While that may not calm anyone's nerves completely, it does suggest that getting new development teams for Trion's games is a possibility. The hope is that Gamigo will work with the employees that stayed on over at Trion to get the ball rolling again.

Blockescense, Gamigo, and you
    https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...amigo-and-you/

Developers signing on with Gamigo
    As the title suggests, these are the people we have confirmed that have stayed behind and will likely be signing on with Gamigo. I'll be updating this list as I find out and confirm more.

Rift
    - CM Morgana
    - EPS

Defiance

Trove
    - Mr E (Designer | Producer 2 years ago)
    - Tynaut (Gameplay engineer | UI someitmes)
    - Habidakus (Server Engineer for all games | Mainly Trove)
    - Fasti

ArcheAge
    - Khrolan
    - Socke
    - Applegod
    - Tinen
    - Clownie

Atlas Reactor
    - Shyguy

Updates

10/25/2018 Update

ArcheAge Team Service Announcement - Oct
    Here’s some info about what’s been going on the last few days:
    In-person meetings are taking place between all administrative parties; transactions of this nature are a lengthy process--and are complicated by the distance--but we continue to move forward. We’re working to reach agreement between all groups by early next week. Identifying a new release date for the 5.0 Relics of Hiram update will be our immediate next priority.

We regret that we aren't able to provide more frequent updates. This is due to us wanting to communicate concrete information instead of addressing speculation while mid-negotiations.

We’re also aware of the intermittent server availability issues and the operations teams are working to address them.

Thanks for reading,
    -The ArcheAge Team
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2713712

10/26/2018 Update
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    We're hoping to have more info to share on things as we move forward soon. My personal hope is for more details early next week, but there are a lot of things to manage, so we want to be sure to get accurate info out and not rush to share info that might change. Please bear with us while we get plans fleshed out.
    Thanks to the people over on the Atlas Reactor Discord for the update.
    Source: http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...ll=1#post17833

10/27/2018 Update
    Originally, there were rumors/speculation that all of the lead developers were kept on, but my sources have confirmed that it's more likely the case that most of them were also let ago, but they did keep several other "senior" developers who have worked on multiple projects. One of them worked on Rift, Defiance and trove. Another workeed on Rift, Atlast Reactor and Trove ect just as some examples:
    Source: Anonymous

10/29/2018 Update
    Fasti - I'm hopeful we'll have a statement to post soon, but don't want to promise a date just yet. Please bear with us.
    Source: http://forums.trovegame.com/showthre...l=1#post811641

Yup! We'll have a livestream this week (our normal time on Friday
    Source: https://twitter.com/TroveGame/status...99963421499392

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    Here's a new set of information, which brings up an interesting question: https://massivelyop.com/2018/10/29/a...e-dissolution/

specifically:
    "Defense counsel first became aware on October 18, 2018 of the transfer of assets of TWI to take place on October 22, 2018 and the corporate dissolution of TWI to follow shortly thereafter."
    and
    "The board of directors, officers, general counsel and employees of TWI resigned effective October 22, 2018"

of note, it was October 18th when Brasse revealed that the extra life marathon was canceled
    10/30/2018 Update
    Through a anonymous source, we have learned that apparently some of the Legendary Powers and Eternal Weapons had some of their properties set by marketing before designers on the team could finalize their plans. This heavily contributed to why the team has refused since 4.0 to detail any plans during their inception, and to only share them closer to completion. While this may not be the exact story, it seems to coborated by many peoples experiences when working with devs in the past to alpha and beta test.

While no one is trying to say that some Developers didn't also contribute to poor decisions and some have even admitted to do doing in the past, it seems fairly conclusive that there was a management chain issue when it came to supporting and demanding certain development directions for all of Trion's games, and especially for Rift. The story that seems to remain consistent is that the dev was only partially in charge of the direction of the game/s.

10/31/2018 Update
    Message from Jake Song
    Posted on behalf of Jake Song at XLGAMES:

Hello
    I was shocked by the news about Trion Worlds. I am sure you guys are, too. It is a pity how things unfolded so suddenly.

We are talking to Gamigo. My understanding is that the paperwork is almost done and I believe the ArcheAge team will provide you with an announcement with the new release date for 5.0 very soon.

We will do our best to stabilize the game service and launch the 5.0 Update as quickly as possible.

I am glad you enjoy playing ArcheAge. I hope you know that your in-game entertainment is the most important to me. As time passed, the core element of fun in the game has diminished and even though some players have moved on, I am trying my best to revitalize ArcheAge.

We have been making small and big changes to the game more frequently, and with this momentum I have faith that by sometime next year we will fundamentally restore ArcheAge to the way I pictured it in the past.

Thanks,
    Jake Song
    Source: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2714729

11/1/2018 Update
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Hey folks,

I've merged multiple newer threads back into this original post on the topic. I can appreciate that different people will have their own take on the current situation, but it's still best to keep the feedback in one place.

We're keeping an eye on your concerns and look forward to being able to share more insight into future plans. It's absolutely understandable that you want to hear more details and we owe you that, for sure.

Please bear with us a bit longer. We're all working very hard to get everything finalized so we can discuss clear plans forward with the most up to date info.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367474

11/2/2018 Update
    https://www.trionworlds.com/archeage...e-team-letter/
    Archeage Team Letter

11/6/2018 Update
    https://www.trionworlds.com/trove/en...e-team-letter/
    Trove Team Letter

11/8/2018 Update
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-8-2018-a.html
    Rift Letter

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...=1#post2133364
    Defiance Comment / Letter (of Sorts?)

If I missed anything in regard to QoL changes (as they requested) then feel free to add what I missed: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5367793

11/9/2018
    New Community Team Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    Greetings,

First of all, we would like to apologize for the silence lately, there were a few things we needed to figure out before jumping into the conversation. Thank you all so much for your patience!
    Of course, we know that you all have concerns and many questions. We have been silent, but we have been doing a lot of reading during this transition. Let’s start with responses for a couple of your biggest questions and concerns.

What will the future look like for the games?

We saw many questions asking about the future of these games. Those questions are largely about new content, fixes to existing bugs, and the changes to the Trion staff members. For sure we kept the necessary resources to ensure that there is movement within and around the games.
    Generally speaking, we can tell you that the patch schedule is likely to shift somewhat, but we will make sure that all of you can enjoy new content on a regular basis. Also, the developers will continue providing you with updates through Producer letters, so all of you will have a little look behind the scenes as well.

Patron Status & Creator Programs

Patron Status will stay in place and we do not intend to shut it down. However, we are putting the Creator Program on hold for the time being. Effectively managing a program of that size was a huge task and we want to be sure that if we launch the program again down the road it will be a great experience for everyone. Therefore, we will revisit this in the weeks ahead and keep all of you updated on our progress. Thank you for your understanding.

New languages available soon to support you!

Something we’re thrilled to announce is that in the coming weeks we are going to implement German and French Customer Support and Community Management. You can contact all of us in English, of course, but we believe that giving you the possibility to express yourselves in your native language is always better. On the same note, we do not rule out adding additional languages down the road.

Some more surprises are coming, but we don’t want to spoil those quite yet! We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.

We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are, so please feel free to raise your concerns and suggestions, we will do our best to make this community stronger than ever!

Long story short: we are happy to be here and if you have any question, feel free to post them as a comment to this thread. Each Community Manager is going to introduce himself/herself on Monday personally.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
    Your Rift team
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...game-team.html

11/14/2018
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    Good day, Atlas players!

First of all, thanks for the nice welcoming!

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. The current status is following:

- the plan is to keep the development of the games remain in the US team
    - there is no discussion to implement Gamertoken in Trion Games
    - our marketing team is currently looking at the games and what we can do to promote them and bring new players into the games. What I can already tell you is that the coming French and German support will help getting players from Europe.

On a side note, I've joined Discord, Bonny#3039
    Beware the ban hammer! :P

Pirately yours,
    Bonny
    Source: http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...ll=1#post17859

11/16/2018

Extra Info
    Just a section of some extra MISC info that I find out.

10/27/2018 - I have confirmed from one of my sources that Gamigo retained several QA members (One per game). Prior to the acquisition, there were 4 full time designers+ Deadsimon who was the design director Rift, two engineers (Server and Gameplay | RR), three artists (one vfx, one animation, the other items/world) working primarily on Rift. Art was often overlapped.
    Source: Anonymous

11/12/2018
    According to Trove's twitter post: https://twitter.com/TroveGame/status...97410517045248 It looks like it's getting it's own twitch channel for future live streams. I don't know if this will be the case for all of the games going forward or if it's just temporary as they may not want to move away from the former Trion brand which their former twitch page is still stamped with.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-16-2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Updating

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Great summary, thanks for this!
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I found this interesting, from the gamigo (they write it with a small g, oddly) press release linked from the Ghar Station.

Through the acquisition of Trion, gamigo’s management expects additional revenues of over USD 18 million and an additional EBITDA of USD 1 to 4 million for 2019. This estimate depends on the success of the restructuring and integration of Trion and is mainly based on potential economies of scale and synergies.
    If this is honestly the expectation of gamigo, then Trion Worlds was generating revenue. That doesn't mean they weren't in debt, or that they were earning a profit, but the negative posters who've said Trion "wasn't making money" appear to be wrong.

If the Trion Worlds operation generates income for gamigo, perhaps they WILL continue the games, no?

RIFT Prime is finished, I'd say. When you fire everyone working on your progression server, there is no more progression.

I've already stopped logging in on Prime. It had run its course for me, anyway. The population was awesome at first, I loved seeing all the people in world events, but it's been twisting in the wind with people leaving in droves. Not necessarily leaving RIFT, but returning to Live from Prime.

Which is what I'll do, until the lights go out.

Prophet of Telara

Thanks for info Holyroller.

So they fired Salvatrix and DeadSimon but left Archonix ?

Whaaaaat ?

He is one of the people responsible for the whole mess and he is the one to keep his job ?

Nothing new I guess. I've seen this before many times.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast