+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16
Like Tree235Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Worlds Acquisition

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    We were only told on Friday that Gamigo would be releasing a letter this week to address the overall acquisition, but each game would also get their own letters which had no ETA on any one individual letter. It's still only Tuesday, so hopefully get ours (as do the others) by the end of the week.
    --
    I was not clear from viewing the livestream that "Gamigo" specifically would be releasing a letter this week; either way an official letter from Gamigo would be well received.
    Last edited by Dizbo; 11-08-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizbo View Post
    --
    I was not clear from viewing the livestream that "Gamigo" specifically would be releasing a letter this week; either way an official letter from Gamigo would be well received.
    Habidakus
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/330694481?t=17m48s

You're right. I thought they had said at the start of the stream it would be Gamigo, but I guess not. I guess we'll all just have to keep hoping we hear from gamigo soon.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-08-2018 at 08:18 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Edit: What I initially thought was an official statement from Gamigo turned out to be the introduction to the new community team. The letter has been added to the bottom of my post which you can now find the link to in my signature for faster navigation. The letter is the same for every game.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-09-2018 at 10:19 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

BMX
    Champion

Thanks for the update, Holyroller...
    Banned

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by C00lit View Post
    100% agree with your number one, its the main reason I stopped playing in the first place even though I still continue to have an interest in Rift and would consider playing again if they reverted to sub only with a limited cash shop like WoW.
    agree, but for me, what made me drop RIFT was really after 2013 not due to the change in f2p per see, but the total redesign of the difficulty... making leveling a breeze and thus: boring.(still played it a lot due to harbinger class .. the a massive crack was formed, a crack that wouldn't be blatant until 3.0)
    auto regen health and mana, no more threatning monsters...

and thus was even more exagerated in 3.0, after that i couldn't just ignore the problem with difficulty and it signed my 1st real and long leave as they tripple health ratio (but without touching shield flat amount) forcing cookiecutter build with the logic of "kill or be killed" where: if you had enouth damage: the fight would be easy ... and since you have a massive health regen when out of combat, you could throw away your "bruiser/sustain build"

This made the base world (the one new player actually play on) insanely boring and unchallenging. Planar invasion were not even a shell of what they used to be (10-20 player defending the school of magic in silverwood anyone?)
    the last one i remember was in 2013 and it was already tuned down quite a lot, but at least you couldn't solo..

and RIFTs and invasion was for me the actual selling point; what made the game good. modification to the hp ration, adding tons of regen between each fight just kill the PvE.
    Before even GW2 and even today: i still find invasion better and with much more potential ... you just have to give back the knight a proper sword instead of an AR-15 with a tank.

Now if the reason is: "well, now the content is about 50+ , 60+ 65+ etc..." and you think people shouldn't care about lvl 1-50: sorry but:
    If you trully mean so: make all character start at lvl 50 60 65. Don't ask for them to pay for a chash shop item that instead of being:
    "well you probably already have a HL character, know already all this, here: use this to skip the leveling that you know"
    it became:
    "either you pay for this, or you will suffer a boring experience of the unchallenging and thus tedious lvl 1 to 50-60"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZRQE_m34Sw
    i'll always remember fondly the time when i had to pay for a sub, a time where instant adventure was only for character a few level from lvl max (44-47 IIRC) because you reach a point where exp become more slow (and high level map where mostly deserts so more boring to level in), with invasion threatening enouth to force player to work together .

now: shard everywhere to the point where i never know if i am playing with someone i can actually chat and play with afterward.. (why not just replace them with NPC ? it wouldn't change a damn thing apart from removing any mistakes they can do on their end)

And worst of all for a mmo: Thelara, and the starting area² (lvl 1-50 + ember isle) are now pointless and boring. WHAT A DISGRACE! I m sure that everyone who played RIFT back then (and who may play the game here) remmeber how for example, awesome the silvermoon forest was, how beautifull it was. (even if i was not so found of guardian, the map was so good that made much more guardian than renegade).

² (i don't mean the prologue area but about that: member when you awoken in a tube instead of directly in front of the NPC? when you got resurected and took control of the character just where the cutscene left you? ... yea why change that aside from immersion breaking purpose? same for when you get send to the past: why don't you start at the beach anymore?)

Rift Chaser

this game died? finally, that ******ed dev(or game director) who called their playerbase idiots on live stream few years ago got what he deserved, a dead gaem.

Justice is slow but righteous

Post up over at https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...ation-edition/ which is a more condensed and updated version of my original post. In the event that this get more and more buried over time, it'll be easier to read over there, but i'll still update this one as we hear more news as well.

Champion

Default joke

gamigo don't give a crap about the rift players
    all this time no leters on what they intend to do nothing
    all thre gonna do is make as much money as they can and shut down all severs
    they hve no respect fr anyone other wize they could sent a REP for game and at least given us a little info

Added in an update for a new twitch channel that went up for Trove. https://www.twitch.tv/TroveGame

I haven't seen or heard of any reasons behind the change, but personally I think there's a couple of possibilities:

1) Each game had a time slot all shared on the same day (Friday). On game normally had to get the hell out of the room before the next game came out which would at times cut streams a bit short, especially when there was a lot that needed to be talked about and discussed. Each game getting it's own channel means the potential for it's own time and day. This is honestly likely to be the case as I think even other multi game companies give each of their games their own dedicated stream channels. I guess we'll all find out eventually.

2) This could just be temporary as the former twitch channel is still stamped with the Trion Worlds brand and they may want to move away from that as they're rebranding.

Edit: Thanks to Clowd
    It would seem that the link for https://www.twitch.tv/riftgame/profile exists, but for now it takes you to the old Trionworlds twitch channel.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-12-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Updated with a post over on the Atlas Reactor forums that there aren't any plans to implement gamertokens like we speculated to be the case early on. http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...ll=1#post17859

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Updated with a post over on the Atlas Reactor forums that there aren't any plans to implement gamertokens like we speculated to be the case early on. http://forums.atlasreactorgame.com/s...ll=1#post17859

So basically every other game but Rift is getting communication from Gamigo.
    Think that says everything we need to know really.

Telaran

Hmm. I wonder why we haven't had the pleasure of meeting/asking questions about the future of Rift yet? that doesn't seem fair to me.
    You can't have everything..Where would you put it?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Subuster View Post
    Hmm. I wonder why we haven't had the pleasure of meeting/asking questions about the future of Rift yet? that doesn't seem fair to me.
    Think hard about this. Rift has anywhere from 400 to 600 active players. Other Gamigo games have 10's of thousands.. I don't think Rift will be online much longer. It doesn't meet their business profile.

I think you're jumping to conclusions, but understandably as all we can do is speculate while we wait. So far the general consensus for the games so far is that continued development is 100% intended, but planning that development out for both the short and long term is going to take time in and of itself. The main concern is how much (resource wise) do they intend on putting back into the games and whether or not they follow through with those intentions remains to be seen. It sounds like at least for now (with all of the IPs) that they'll at least be pushing out a lot of the stuff that was already close to or mostly finished before the acquisition.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; Yesterday at 06:26 AM.

Updated with a reply from the new Defiance CM regarding where our new CM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16